LINK vs Ripple

>SWIFT organizes the SIBOS conference
>invites Chainlink, a decentralized smart contract developer, to demo use cases for future integration into SWIFT

>Ripple organizes the Swell conference
>invites Ben 'Shalom' Bernanke as a speaker, a very symbol of centralized finance hell

Where were you when old-world finance had more crypto sense than the No.4 cryptocurrency by market cap?

Other urls found in this thread:

sibos.com/conference/conference-programme/bridging-dlt-and-swift-messaging-smartcontractcom-innotribe-industry
coindesk.com/bernanke-berners-lee-headline-ripple-sibos-killer-conference/
coindesk.com/barclays-joins-cls-blockchain-consortium-search-swift-alternative/
hudsonjameson.com/2017-08-06-advising-status-smartcontract/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ripple is an old dinosaur. LINK is the way of the future.

Source on SWIFT/LINK:
sibos.com/conference/conference-programme/bridging-dlt-and-swift-messaging-smartcontractcom-innotribe-industry

Source on Ripple/Bernanke:
coindesk.com/bernanke-berners-lee-headline-ripple-sibos-killer-conference/

God this shit is going to make me so rich

kill the fidget spinner.

when is sergie talking at SIBOS?

Oct. 16
10:15 am - 10:45 am
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Meeting space 705

Nice. What exchanges can I buy LINK on? Or was it only available from the ICO?

so hes talking for 30 mins?, i really hope he doesnt fuck this up

the only way to buy is the monstrosity etherdelta, friend. but if you suffer through it, you will make guaranteed profits once we get on a better exchange.

Etherdelta and Mercatox for now.

He's demoing two practical use cases. It's basically going to be a presentation on rails.
And Sergey is actually a good speaker with a firm grip on finance, other than some obvious signs of nervousness in his breathing (which can be a good thing, nobody likes techies to be smooth talking used car salesmen).

thanks

thanks for the info, you seem to know your shit, is there an official discord?

>Ripple at SIBOS as well

Idiot FUDer. Ripple is your opportunity to make money off of the centralized banks and boogeyman reserves you hate so much. Who do you think will be buying all the delicious xrp when it goes into lockdown this year and Ripple runs out?

>>Ripple at SIBOS as well
Yes, further proving the point that SWIFT has a lot of crypto sense.

>Ripple is your opportunity to make money off of the centralized banks and boogeyman reserves you hate so much.
You're confused, Ripple IS those things. A centralized hellhole owned and operated by fatcat scum.

better to have a stake in both to maximize potential gains rather than buy or refuse to buy emotionally.

There was one I saw on the day of the crowdsale, and there's a Telegram I heard about today.

But I honestly don't really pay attention to those, I spend most of my time researching docs from more direct sources.

Made this thread earlier:

Ripple is centralized but not centralized in ((their)) hands. Chainlink let's them maintain their centralization while taking advantage of the blockchain.

Ripple requires the entire structure to change to fit it. Chainlink doesn't. its fairly simple. Which one will the draconian banking industry choose? The one where they change or the one where they don't?

Ok so really important point that people might be missing:

Representing financial transactions on the blockchain is Ripples ONLY use case. And it does so in a centralized and cucked way.

Representing financial data on the blockchain is only one OF MANY use cases for ChainLink. It can represent ANYTHING in a FULLY DECENTRALIZED way.

ChainLink completely contains, for example, Walton (RFID external data), Ambrosus (Food Storage data) and literally anything else that is objectively measurable on the blockchain.

ChainLink isn't just a Ripple killer. It does so, so much more.

SWIFT is too late to the game. They are already under threat by Ripple. Ripple has 100 national and international level banks in their consortium. Reise Bank Germany went live with its Ripple transactions this week, the first of its kind.

>Ripple IS those things
So? Ripple is a company so of course it's centralized. It created a product for banks. The validators used to verify transactions however are NOT centralized.

Why do you even care about centralized or not? If it makes you money, does it matter? You think they would seriously pump and dump when their target customers are central banks?

This.

Even the SWIFT thing is just the tip of the iceberg.

If the SWIFT thing goes through, then fine, the node network gets implemented in a top-down fashion.

If the SWIFT thing doesn't go through, then the node network is built up from the bottom up.

SWIFT needs Chainlink to survive in a blockchain future.
Chainlink in no way needs SWIFT to do the same.
It's just a very nice boost.

>SWIFT is too late to the game.
You mean Chainlink?

If so, that's not true at all. See:

>t. guy who is too invested in ripple

give it a rest, most NEETs on this board have an irrational hatred for Ripple. They are going to be fucking crying when they miss this moon.

All banks use SWIFT. They will go with what they know and trust

You should be holding both, in case 1 of them fails.

>They are going to be fucking crying when they miss this moon.
XRP "moon" is already priced in at 7 billion market cap vs ChainLink is a sleeper at 50-60 million. Which has more room to moon?

More importantly, ChainLink offers a way for legacy banking institutions to connect with smart contracts without having to completely redesign their existing infrastructure. XRP requires too much upfront investment and risk. ChainLink should be an easier sell to get these old fucking databases running COBOL or someshit connected to the blockchain.

>XRP "moon" is already priced in at 7 billion market cap vs ChainLink is a sleeper at 50-60 million. Which has more room to moon?
DING DING DING

>wasting your money by having it in ripple
no thanks. all in LINK

hey dingus, some of us were here when ripple was at less than 1 cent. it MOONED ALREADY.

meanwhile banks are looking ways to replace SWIFT, cucked

Crypto community universally hates Ripple

sergey doesnt have autism, at least its not showing

That's why SWIFT is going the Chainlink route. Are you really so dumb to read between the lines? Stay poor.

as long as it's not like that GNT conference, he should be fine
>It was literally the ARK meme about the devs being incompetent pot heads except it was all true

Not only is this just one more reason for SWIFT to hurry up and adopt ready-made tech like Chainlink, but the CLS Blockchain Consortium that's supposed to replace SWIFT is also considering adopting tech from a "third-party blockhain provider" that only requires "plugging in".

So far, the only tech that fits that description is Chainlink.

Lolol.

Another clue in this direction is the fact that CLS wants to have "harmonious functionality" with Swift.

All in here: coindesk.com/barclays-joins-cls-blockchain-consortium-search-swift-alternative/

Watch his previous interviews on YouTube. Even the ones from years ago. He knows what he's talking about and sounds highly competent

From now there will be Kyber to LINK movement.

Kyber mcap of 350m. from here there is more potential in LINK than in Kyber. Smarties will now sell kyber for LINK. (surely kyber will still rise, but percentually not as much as LINK)

Kyber won't even have a fully working product for months or even years.
Meanwhile LINK is ready for use and set to explode onto the scene as the lowest-threshold blockchain solution that's increasingly in demand.

Not to mention the fact that Kyber is just another type of crypto-only exchange, and LINK aims to bring smart contracts out of crypto and bridge the gap between the blockchain and traditional finance.

BUT HEY PONYFUCKER ENDORSED KYBER SO YEAH MUST BE GOLDEN RIGHT????

Buy kyber.

As an investor all these tech details are irrelevant. First of all market cap is what matters. LINK is a smaller market cap and therefore has more upside for gains. Second these don't compete at all, so it makes no sense that it's even being brought up

only time will tell

I think your post greatly understates Ripples potential within the context of it's own blockchain.

The landscape is still being conceived and you can't possibly think SWIFT will be our ownly way to conduct transactions.

Im going to be laughing my ass off at all the "Link Wojacks" who got scamed, while I am sitting atop my XRP THRONE! Link is going to go down in history as one of the worst Crypto scams ever. It will be so massive that being " Chainlinked" will be defined in the Urban Dictionary as being scammed in Crypto.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*breathes in* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you 12?

The neckbeard community has a technology, called a punch card reader (or today, its electronic equivalent a C++ compiler) that it allows it to produce as many different kinds of crypto-currencies as it wishes at no cost.

Link fud was last week, plz user you're embarrassing yourself.

So you're an "investor" who only invests in nano-cap/penny-cap shit?
You aren't an investor, you're a gambler.

what is "first mover advantage"?

>The U.S. government has a printing press
>U.S. dollars can be produced at no cost

What a fucking moron. The money is printed by a private entity essentially contracted by the federal government and it costs fucking boatloads of cash to make. How can someone who WORKS as an economist in the Federal Reserve be so fucking stupid?

>Sexabj6k
>Sex a BJ 6K
AND he's going to be rich. It's not fucking fair.

>etherdelta
How the fuck do you maneuver this website holy shit

where can i buy link?

just look for videos on youtube, there's some simple "how to buy X on etherdelta" videos that go step-by-step.

Site is god awful, there's a bunch of non-intuitive steps when you're first figuring it out. And it's pretty slow, if you have the gas rate at like default 4 gwei it can take hours for some transactions to go through

>or today, it's electronic equivalent
>ITS ELECTRONIC EQUIVALENT

More likely the average Veeky Forums browser (You) is fucking stupid.

The FED effectively acts as a digital printing press, able to invent US dollars out of thin air by endlessly selling treasuries at 0% interest rates on behalf of the US treasury. Interests rates being the "price" of money. So the US government can issue as many US dollars as it wants at zero cost and the "technology" is the FED.

>The Federal Reserve and the Department of the Treasury also work together to borrow money when the government needs to raise cash. The Federal Reserve issues U.S. Treasury securities and conducts Treasury securities auctions, selling these securities on behalf of the Department of the Treasury.

There's a reason why the FED resists pressure to be audited and it has nothing to do with political independence

can someone explain to me why swift will even exist in 10 years

Janky ass EtherDelta decentralized exchange. Only reason its not past 100M market cap IMO

If Banks will exist then so will Swift.

I hear you tho. Fuck banks. Luckily thats just one of many, many use cases for ChainLink

tfw 101k L I N K

where to buy LINK

pls help

etherdelta, dont use default gwei though niggah

how much gwei should i use to move 14eth?

This is our coin. The next Ethereum 100x coin

8 or 20 or whatever.

i know that feel, 85k here

i am new, what is gwei? and, if you can give me a quick run down, how do I buy LINK on etherdelta? Do I need to buy ETH to use it? I currently have .1 ETH or so, but it's all on my coinbase. thanks in advance for the help

wahhhh spoon feed me
gtfo with you baby change

Etherdelta is kinda weird, but not retarded.
It basically works as follows:

>create account (this is your address)
>send ETH to this account address
>wait for it to show up
>look for "balance" section at top left
>deposit ETH in balance section (keep a bit of ETH in account address)

You can now place an order.

Be careful though, send like 0.01 ETH ahead to be sure.

They've been at it since before Ethereum too.
This isn't some recent fad.

hudsonjameson.com/2017-08-06-advising-status-smartcontract/