Best language?

What doth ye think is the best language from any point in human history, real or fictional

Mine: Old English

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1nXjsDIvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2uUhMIVHSNQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syriac_language#Vowels
youtu.be/WqZ6kXWMDeM
youtu.be/NpQSLGQ4pnw
youtu.be/d7cDf2unjzM
youtu.be/d0_s0m6D_lU
youtu.be/locW-9S00VU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's English. Just watch Gyles Brandreth:
youtube.com/watch?v=5Q1nXjsDIvQ

french

I wonder if English as spoken currently will be the lingua franca for centuries.
Like how Classical Latin was the lingua Franca long after it was spoken.

Greek is probably the best sounding major historical literary language compared to others. As for script the awards go to Chinese and Arabic calligraphy.

I should elaborate on why I like Old English:
Modern English is very inconsistent in its phonology while Anglisc has phonological rules closer to that of Latin, which I see as the "ideal" language.

It also might have to do with the fact that I'm descended from Anglo-Saxons

Yeah OE had suffix ending variations for grammatical case like Latin and Greek and gender.

French

On the other hand you can see a lot of correction of the spelling of Latin and Greek loans over time and in the American dialect the most.

>old English is best
>posts in mock early modern English

Rest in peace

I don't know about "best" , but I believe that Aramaic should be more respected than it is. Here is a good example:

youtube.com/watch?v=2uUhMIVHSNQ

Although it says "modern" in the title it's largely the Bible readings which are in a modern Iranian dialect. The majority of it is Syriac and, if I'm not mistaken, written over a millennium ago. And like OP, I may be biased (as a speaker, which is how I know this).

I'm a Syriac enthusiast myself since it is relevant to my personal research on the Bible. I often visit dukhrana.com for info. The eastern varieties are spoken in the region of Mosul-Lake Van-Urmia triangle and used by Assyrian/Chaldean Christians. The eastern liturgical dialect is the most conservative whereas the western variety turned /ɑ/ sounds in endings into Veeky Forums.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syriac_language#Vowels

The westerners still appear to have retained the older pronunciation of Yeshua as opposed to the eastern Isho. The eastern dialect experienced changes of its own as well throughout the ages.

Here are a few newer videos of the liturgy with better intonation of the melody in my opinion.
youtu.be/WqZ6kXWMDeM
youtu.be/NpQSLGQ4pnw

I'm curious as to what people with actual knowledge of Aramaic think of this supposed recital in Aramaic. Don't want to declare it but it seems kind of dubious. Maybe they confused Armenian for Aramaic.
youtu.be/d7cDf2unjzM
youtu.be/d0_s0m6D_lU
youtu.be/locW-9S00VU

Classical Latin.

Ugaritic.

That's cute, thanks.
Ancient Greek was better though.

Spanish > English

Spanish is a shit language. Especially when spoken by Mexicans.

Name ONE (1) the Spanish language does worse than English. I can wait.

1)Calls inanimate objects male or female in a completely arbitrary fashion.
2) Needs two different words for "the".
3) Mexicans speak it.
Garbage tier language.

LA CASTELLANA LENGUA PARDIEZ

Sanskrit obviously. Not even close.

Sanskrit or Pali are supposed to be the most perfect languages(sanskrit is pali for the scribes basically). With my limited vocabulary i can see why it's so brilliant. It's very easy to think logically in it, and opposites of words are usually just an a away.

It's also the language(or the close historical equivalent) who the first man in recorded history who reached Nirvana spoke. Iv'e often thought that the Buddha's enlightenment was made easier due to the language.

1) Wrong. It's based on which vocals are used.
2) That's useful for regular conversation
3) Yet black people speak English. Also, the most acclaimed work of literature ever was written in Spanish.
Further proof that Spanish is the superior language

1) La mano, El día. Wrong faggot
2) No it isn't. Completely unnecessary
3) South America has more Niggers + Spics by % population.
What is this most acclaimed work bs you are claiming?

Tbh Circassian, Sumerian, Etruscan, Cretan, İnkitut and Tamil

I don't have time to listen fully now but I believe it is from the Syriac Bible. It's hard to notice much because of the style of chanting which is probably unusual to use with that language. But I know that the Pope's visit to Georgia focused on the East Syrian / Assyrian community. The northern part of the triangle mentioned in was scattered through the region after WWI so there is a settlement in Georgia, and I believe that they are speakers of modern Aramaic. I haven't seen anyone saying it's actually Georgian either. The word that sounds like "metal" means "for" like "because" in Syriac, that's the only part I could notice but overall I think it is Aramaic.

What I have read suggests that those dialects, at least the eastern ones, don't originate in the speech / community that Syriac writing is based on, although they are similar. It seems they have a greater Akkadian substrate than the western areas where Syriac started in. I'm not sure about the details. There are also Jewish speakers of a closely related yet rather different dialect(s) to those of Eastern (Assyrian) speakers.

Spanish
More specifically Argentinian Spanish

1) Very rare exceptions.
2) It's very useful when you want to mention someone's gender, for example, female friend
3) Yeah, but spics are nowhere as bad as niggers, 25% at most
4) Don Quixote

>not Chilean Spanish

Welsh, old as all hell and has a good phonetic alphabet.

I like Welsh, but it always sounds like constant dry heaving to me

Probably. People are getting dumber by the day and English is a brainlet language.

Esperanto

Arabic sounds worse

any archaic indo-european language, including proto-indo-european itself. some contenders:

old english, old high german, old church slavonic/proto-slavic, sanskrit, avestan, latin, ancient greek

1)Not that rare
2) That's only a problem if you're a retard.
3) Spics are terrible too, drunks and gangbangers who provide no benefit
4) Lol Don Quixote the most acclaimed? Bullshit.

Sadly, yes. It will problably become ligua franca then devolve into various dialects with become increasingly mutually unintelligible. American "English" will devolve into nigger ebonics on an extreme scale with their changing demographics. Like a hybrid of pidgin and ghetto nigger speak from rap music.

>3) Yet black people speak English. Also, the most acclaimed work of literature ever was written in Spanish.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

[THIS IS WHAT SPICS ACTUALLY BELIEVE]

British demographics are doomed too my dude