Peterson on gender: there are definitely only two genders. Man, it's biology. If you disagree...

>Peterson on gender: there are definitely only two genders. Man, it's biology. If you disagree, you are evil cultural marxist destroying western civilisation with subjectivity
>Peterson on god: uh-oh, I am non-binary trans-agnostic. Well, maybe you can't prove that god exists, but it's important for our culture and stuff. And god is convenient for me, so from pragmatic perspective god exists

Other urls found in this thread:

therightstuff.biz/category/the-daily-shoah/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you speak on things you have no idea about. Does it feed your ego attempting to belittle this man, or are you actually not able to comprehend what hes talking about. Dont be an idiot, present a clear argument against his beliefs instead of shitposting

Can you take this boring shit to /pol/ or /r9k/ instead of shitting up the literature board?

Don't you notice the double standard?

No sorry im not clear on the double standard, could you elaborate?

nature has plenty of double standards you retard. dont get hung up on false analogies

Try to look at it this way: those people who talk about gender issues really believe in the liberty of the human soul and will to construct itself without constraints. It's nice to believe in for the believer but objectively false and sometimes even absurd but not more so than believing in an idealized, perfectly judging entity that everyone looks at in a different way.
Christcucks and SJWs are two sides of a coin. Just watch how triggered they will get by my post.

>can you go make off topic posts on some other board because i'm too much of a pussy to deal with people having different interests and opinions than me
blow it out your ass nerd

>777
My faith will not falter, O Lord!

Your god crumbles under the will of Kek
Be one with him, Pitágoras and Pepe

LOL LMFAO XDDD ROFL DAE MEMES

I think youve interpreted Peterons ideals wrongly, he doesnt suggest that one is conscioisly free to manifest their "psyche" without constraint. In fact its quite the opposite, the emphasis is on the manifestation of ones highest being while being constantly guided by archaic and societal pressures

not literature stop bumping this fucking thread

Hello, Reddit. Why don’t you slink back to your hole?

>strawman caricature of his opinions on gender and sex
>strawman caricature of his opinions about god

yeah maybe the reason why there's a double standard is because you're retarded

What if breakdown of religion is bad for society, just as much as breakdown of gender norms? What if Peterson is just a conservative?

>be Jordan Memerson
>want to make a lot of $$$ and gain notoriety quickly
>perform the brave, heroic act of refusing to use someone's gender pronouns
>get worshiped as a hero by autists on the internet for whining about a letter he received from the school's faculty
>never receive any actual death threats, never have his life threatened, never actually get censored, never get imprisoned, never even get fired from his job
>simply whining about gender pronouns and being a professor of psychology is enough to be labelled a martyr for free speech by gullible anti-SJWs on the internet who desperately want an authority figure to affirm their whining
>whine about postmodernism and the cultural marxist boogeyman, even though postmodernism is a massive, broad subject never cite any actual literature or works or books by postmodernist authors or the Frankfurts, just say "they're all dumb guys trust me" like a true academic while occasionally namedropping Foucault or Derrida without actually addressing any of their arguments
>give the anti-SJWs you conned an imaginary enemy to blame all their problems on, while posing yourself as a hero when you've done jack shit and ironically whine about virtue signalling in academia while proposing no actual solutions to the postmodernist boogeyman
>fearmonger about a Canadian bill that you didn't even bother reading that was just a slight modification of a previous human rights bill that has already been in effect for decades, only it added "gender identity" to the list of criteria that you can't discriminate someone for and doesn't even affect universities because it only has federal jurisdiction
>virtue signal about how you would go on a hunger strike if you were arrested because of this bill, even though to this day no one has been arrested because of it and there isn't a single shred of evidence in the legislation or court records suggesting that would happen
>make 65k US dollars a month on Patreon from gullible morons who think you're brilliant for making glorified vlogs that spout Jungian purple prose, whine about children's movies being feminist propaganda and make vague, whiny criticisms of postmodernism that isn't backed by any actual evidence
A yes we have a true """intellectual""" on our hands

>there is a spectrum haunting Europe

Says a kekistani

Who cares though? You're acting as though postmodernism actually matters and wasn't just one more weird twentieth century fad.

Peterson is clearly an atheist.

But you mentioned pragmatics, i.e., practical concequences for society, and these ARE NOT the same for both beliefs. And one is serving the individual ego and the other serves moral collective. They are pragmatically completely fucking different.

Reddit unite!

The irony is so palpable. r/t_D represent!

This thread is fucking cancer. Take this shit to /pol/.

Transsexualism was a pretty dumb hill for the left-liberals to die on.

this argument only works if the dude doesn't know what he's talking about you fuckwit. It like you're a crappy chatbot that just regurgitates arguments you've observed entities with intelligence having.

go watch some more of the joe rogan podcast, I'm sure you'll feel enlightened

op is right, peterson's appeals to biology as arguments against transgenderism are clearly in complete opposition to his own retarded jungian philosophy.

There are only 2 genders. HTH

How is Peterson even a real figure in politics? He isn't witty, he isn't a good orator, he doesn't possess insight into politics, he isn't even particularly well-read. He's just a boring Christopher-Hitchensesque talking head who thinks that because he's read god Is Not Real and has a Psych degree he's qualified to talk about major political and philosophical movements.

>he isn't a good orator
yes he is

Can someone ask Peterson to define postmodernism

Don't even mention Hitchens in the same sentence as this flavour of the month celebrity.

His vague definition of postmodernism is a safety net.

He's obviously trying to be a new Christopher Hitchens and it isn't working. He lacks the charm, wit, depth of knowledge, or humanity of Hitchens. He's even inferior to Hitchens's brother.

Please listen to an orator who isn't Peterson or Sargon of Akkad

>Please listen to an orator who isn't Peterson or Sargon of Akkad
Okay, link me one.

therightstuff.biz/category/the-daily-shoah/

Peter or Christopher Hitchens, Pat Buchanan, Nixon (Checkers speech is the speech all TV speeches are based on). If you want something written, try HL Mencken. There's a world of politics out there beyond bland and dull YouTube talking heads

>Christopher Hitchens
Watching a video now, this man has a 15 year old's view on religion, very unsettling. Maybe it would've had bigger impact when I was younger.

You realize OP's post is just a strawman right?

>his arguments against transgenderism
/leftypol/ at its best, everything that doesn't superficially sound like it benefits the "cause" must be against it

Except he is constantly reinvigorating the Jungian archetypes and religious metaphors by showing how they mirror empirically supported biological and neurological research.

>this man has a 15 year old's view on religion, very unsettling.
You mean he applies the same view to religion that 99% of the populous does? Oh noes the horror.

It's not like anyone else has anything better to offer anyway, even the best apologists are horseshit. He's already tore William Lane Craig a new asshole and he's supposed to be the best.

>Peterson is a meme
>these strawman examples prove it
the absolute state of Veeky Forums

Ah you must be an enlightened individual like me do you like Rick and Morty too?

Underrated post in this cancerous thread

>Christcucks and SJWs are two sides of a coin
lol
>People aren't born men or women
>That means I need a law and a surgery to transform myself
If changing genders was simply a state of mind they wouldn't need surgery or laws or anything. They want to change society