How is it that a fucking teenager managed to outmaneuver all of his older and more experianced enemies and take over...

How is it that a fucking teenager managed to outmaneuver all of his older and more experianced enemies and take over the entire Roman Empire?

everyone else was tired of war and augustus was the bismarck of his time
also the plebs loved caesar so loved his heir

Because he was the last pureblood descendant of Ancient Finnic Keisarinen bloodline.

This. His true name is Kai Julius Keisarinen Aukusti.

Why does he wear a hoodie?

The old men were tired and set in their ways, and as such were unable to counteract a young energetic man with radical ideas. It helped that this particular young man was a political fucking genius.

He was an edgy teenager.

He looks like Eminem

By being the son of a god

If you had one shot, one opportunity...to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment...would you capture it, or let it slip?

He did what socrates taught everyone. To vote for a new King and to act on the behalf of God as a hero.

His onichan agrippa helped him.

He's cosplaying as pontifex maximus.

bump

cuz he had the title of a equivalent of pagan pope in addition to being first citizen

he was 30 or more when he started doing anything

bumpitty bump

He had a massive advantage in being the heir of the Republic's undisputed master. He was also brilliant, ambitious, and absolutely ruthless.

Name a more iCOINic duo.I'll wait

He was the heir of Julius Caesar, which gave him a huge advantage. He was obviously a genius. And he had Agrippa.

He's a real life anime protagonist.

Caesar gave him the claim. Agrippa gave him the ability. Without either of those two Augustus would not have been.

>the chad pontifex
>the virgin king

Somebody needs to draw Augustus on shoulders of Agrippa playing with wooden sword yelling ``Kill bewitched Antony and his whore``

Do you think they had lots of hot sex?

Augustus was sissy so yes probably.

by being a qt boi

>you are now thinking about bara Agrippa comforting a sick qt bishi Octavian in his war tent

I... I never asked for this

>bishi
why do weebs come up with the stupidest terms

Very clever. Total sociopath. Set up by Caesar. Constantly underestimated.

>Mark Antony later used the examples of these battles as a means to belittle Octavian, as both battles were decisively won with the use of Antony's forces.[65] In addition to claiming responsibility for both victories, Antony also branded Octavian as a coward for handing over his direct military control to Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa instead.

Wow Mark Antony was a real bully to Augustus wasn't he?

Antony was King of Chads. He also had nice legs.

But was did he bully a small boy named Octavius so much?

That reminds me. How the fuck are you not able to prevent a teenager with a sword from assassinating a politician?

he owed him money and partly blamed him for julius death amoung other things. He was 2nd in command so felt miffed he wasn't given more of an inheritance etc.

That's pretty rude of him

commies are dumb

if Agrippa is his onichan, what does that make Cicero to Augustus?

>what is short hand

>Agrippa-san?
>Yes, Octavian-kun?
>I may be the imperator of Rome...
>but you're the imperator of my heart

Cicero was sinister old man trying fuck Augustus.

I don't see how Antonius would have blamed Octavius for Caesar's death -- when Caesar died, Octavius was far away, and the fact that he was to be Caesar's heir was not yet known. Octavius was, at that point, nobody of much importance.

Meanwhile, Antonius, ho likely expected to be Caesar's heir, was more probably aware of the conspiracy, if not a silent partner of the conspirators.

envy mostly. If hes dead then he could be emperor

Unlikely unless he was betrayed because Antony was also targeted for assassination.

Antony really like ceaser and was his bitch i highly doubt that he knew about it.

And Cicero gave him the opportunity

Anthony was about as pussy whipped as they get.

bump

everyone loved caesar and saw him as his successor

Guess whos back, back again, Tarquin's back, tell a friend,

I've created a monster, 'cause nobody wants Junius no more they want Tarquin, I'm haruspicious, well if you want Tarquin this is what I'll give ya, a little bit of tyranny mixed with my toga picta, some bribes that'll jump start my rule quicker than a stab when I get stabbed by the patricians when they're not cooperating, you waited this long(!) now stop debating 'cause I'm back, I'm on the throne and formulating I know that you got a job, Vitellia, but your husband's heart problem's complicating, so the Se-na-tum won't let me be, or let me be so let me see, they try to shut me down as the Roman king but it feels so empty without me! So come on and dip, bum on your lips, fuck that! Laugh and cum on Lucretia's tits And get ready, 'cause this faeces 'bout to get gravis, I just settled all my electors-fuck you Brutus! Now this looks like a job for me, so everybody just follow me, let's overthrow the re-pu-blic 'cause it feels so empty without me! I said this looks like a job for me, so everybody just follow me, let's overthrow the re-pu-blic 'cause it feels so empty without me! Little hellions, plebes feeling rebellious, embarrassed their parents still praising Romulus, they start feeling like prisoners helpless until somebody comes along on a mission and yells "AVE!", a visionary, vision of scary, could start a civil war and rebel, polluting the roadways, a rebel, so let me revel and bask in the fact that I got everyone kissing my ass, and it's a disaster, such a catastrophe, for you to see so damn much of my ass--you asked for me?

He was politically brilliant and a master administrator. But he was also advantaged by being Julius' adoptive son and nephew as well as having more importantly, Agrippa at his side.

Genius

Pretty epic. Deserves a you

He was a godly strategist. Its a shame that Cicero didnt join him. Too devoted to the Old Res Publica to see the game had changed.

10/10

10/10 if only you spaced your bars

Fucking lel

Putting the super in Superbus

If I pull that off would he die?

They feared the adolescent

>augstus and agrippa, best bros for life

someone post the Valentinian I death post

Bravo big guy

>THE CONSUL PLAN I JUST FILED WITH THE CONCULIUM PLEBIS LISTS ME, MY MEN, DR. ANTONIUS HERE, BUT ONLY ONE OF YOU!
>FIRST ONE TO ORATE GETS TO STAY IN MY CURIA JULIA
>WHO PAID YOU TO GRAB DR. ANTONIUS
>HE DIDN'T EXPRESS HIS VIEWS THROUGH PUBLIC DISCOURSE SO GOOD!
>WHO WANTS TO TRY NEXT?
>TELL ME ABOUT OCTAVIANUS! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE HOOD? A LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED SENATOR!

Its the costume of a high priest, the point of that statue was to portray himself as a religious leader in addition to a civil one.

Valentinian's death is still one of the funniest things I've ever heard
>AUUUUUUUUGH
>GERMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS
>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>GERMAAAAAAAAAAAANS
>GET OUUUUUUUUUUT
>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-
>*head explodes *

this, also Augustus was the most based man in all of human history

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would discredit a man's argument before letting him speak in front of Senatus Populusque Romanus

AT LEAST YOU CAN DELIVER SPEECH. WHO ARE YOU?

INDEED

It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our plan for the Republic. Governor Antonius refused our offer in favour of yours. We had to find out what he told you.

Quality shitpost

If it's quality it's not shitpost

Quality shitpost

You guys are retarded. EVERY adult roman citizen had right to perform a religious ceremony to the gods. If you go before the gods you are always hooded. This was meant to show Augustus' piety.
Dunno about the fem. priests and their goodess. Last time i tried to sneak in, they charged me descecration. All I wanted was to fuck Pompeia.
Damn hags.

Agrippa was a literal child prodigy in terms of military strategy and tactics. I am still amazed that he managed to beat Antony even though the western part of the empire had a ramshackle economy at best.
Also Cicero tutored Octavian quite well. Too bad he killed Cicero off.

>The rites of Bona Dea ("The Good Goddess") were held in December, at the house of Rome's leading magistrate. In 62, they were held in Julius Caesar's grace and favour house in the Regia, lent to him as pontifex maximus. They were hosted by his wife, Pompeia and his mother, Aurelia, and they were supervised by the Vestal Virgins. It was a cult from which men were excluded and they were not permitted to speak or even know the goddess's name: the euphemism "Good Goddess" was used. Clodius intruded on the rites, disguised as a woman and apparently intent on finding and seducing Pompeia, but was discovered. The ensuing scandal dragged on for months during which Pompey returned from the east, Caesar divorced his wife, and most public business was suspended.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>Also Cicero tutored Octavian quite well. Too bad he killed Cicero off.

tfw Augustus regretted allowing Antony to proscribe Cicero
tfw he allowed Ciceros son to be the one to punish the Anthony family

>Clodius intruded on the rites, disguised as a woman and apparently intent on finding and seducing Pompeia
Holy shit

He had a stoic tutor.

Satana

Rome memes are the quality content.

How the fuck has no one memed about this before?

bretty good

winrar

The (((commie))) fears the samurai

Don't insult Best Republican like that

Augustus probably was the last Pleiadean. His political and administrative genius is unmatched.

Based Roman user

>proofsc

I remember a chad at my highschool who was a QB, got a 1600 on the SAT, interned as a congressional page over the Summer, and started his own SAT tutoring company at age 17. Last I heard, he patented something having to do with MRIs and runs a medical equipment company
I think that's the kind of person who pulls off this shit--in the modern day, teens can't advance in politics or military by line skipping so the only examples are in biz.

>who is Laura piddock
It's always the left wing reformers which bring in the new

I AM AURELIUS
SON OF A BITCH OCTAVIANUS
OCTAVIANUS IS PIG
DO YOU WANT STABILITY?
DO YOU WANT PEACE?
OCTAVIANUS IS PIG DISGUSTING
MARCUS VIPSANIANUS AGRIPPA IS MURDERER
FUCKING S.P.Q.R

Good politician combined with the best military commander of his day (and a great politician as well) in the greatest friendship ever. Augustus would've never gotten anywhere without Marcus Agrippa.

They feared the imperial warrior

He's a big historical figure.