Leave Egypt to me

Leave Egypt to me

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Italy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that alpha jaw almost makes up for his ineptitude

Benny Mozzarella just wasn't up to Octavian's standards.

>Leave Ethiopia to me
>Leave Greece to me(but call Hitler when i start to lose lol)

What the fuck was his problem

You'd probably be surprised to know Mussolini practically begged Hitler not to go to war until his military was ready. He was sweating bullets at the thought of going to war in 1939. A lot of the pre-war peace efforts originated with Mussolini, who was trying to find an out by all means.
Ultimately, his affinity and allegiance to Hitler prevailed, which also leads us into why he went in over his head with attempted conquests. He constantly felt inferior to Hitler, like he needed to prove himself, so he would embark on these conquests to prove himself. Obviously, it didn't go so well for Duce.

I kinda feel bad for him

Why didn't he just side with the allies?
Worked for Stalin

>Why didn't he just side with the allies?
Worked for Stalin

I like Italy, but they need to just never, ever fucking participate in a modern war. They are just fucking awful at it.

All the clay he wanted was held by the other side

>what is poland

German territory.

uhmm, try again sweetie ;)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Italy

This is why you always make sure to insert a "defensive wars only" clause into your military pacts so that you have a way to get out if your ally goes Leroy Jenkins.

t. Retard

Italians were his problem

Is any of that supposed to be impressive?

Cry more Cadorna

Thank you for proving his point

His conquest of Ethiopia was successful and unrelated wasn’t apart of ww2

I guess Mussolini’s ambitions would eventually throw him into conflict with somewhere like France since he wanted places like Corsica and Tunisia which he outlined in his March on the oceans thing mentioning what he wanted for his empire so Italy wouldn’t be ‘trapped’ in the Med.

Mussolini aligned more with Hitler out of the idea that the next big grudge match would be democratic states vs. authoritarian states (non-communist ones). He saw a brotherhood of ideologies with Hitler and was also captivated by him every time they met.
Stalin also went with Hitler first and didn't side with the Allies until he was invaded.

Might've happened if they hadn't been such massive dicks over Ethiopia