Why is Veeky Forums so afraid of margin trading on 100x?

Why is Veeky Forums so afraid of margin trading on 100x?

because i dont want to lose my money

if i went 100x leverage on a 0.1btc position, i would only have doubled my money if bitcoin rose 1%
but if it went down .4% i'd be liquidated and i would have lost 400$

too risky, little reward unless you shove a full bitcoin in there, but why would anyone sane do that

not to mention you really have to hit that green candle perfectly, even massive bull runs have slighty sell offs along the way that will no doubt trigger a margin call on your position with that kind of leverage

>little reward

you literally get 100% of your money back plus maker rebates if you don't buy at market

i think you meant high risk, high reward

>ROE 0.0128

congrats, you made 40 bucks gambling. must've been the highlight of your day to make a thread about it

>gambling

fucking lol

>too risky, little reward unless you shove a full bitcoin in there, but why would anyone sane do that

try reading the post before you comment on it, asshat

>invest 0.1 btc
>price goes up 1%
>double your money

How? 1% x100 leverage is 100% right

i did read it, you insecure little faggot. it's not little reward. you put in 40 bucks, and get 40 buck back on a 1% positive price movement. how the fuck is that little reward?

jesus christ, kill yourself you faggot

hit yourself with something very heavy

How does it work then?

what is 100% of something that you didn't lose?

100% gains on 0.1 means you end up with 0.2 btc stupid fuck

I know the math is hard man, it's okay. Take a break, get some fresh air. Come back, and try again.

It's slightly above gambling. You're making educated guesses just like everyone else. That's what daytrading is. It makes it more similar to gambling when you don't hedge your risk, which isn't something you can really do with crypto anyway.
Going all in at one price point is not a smart way to utilize 100x because of . But, if you can catch a falling knife without getting cut or follow the trend without a down-spike, an initial 20x leverage entry would do well, then add to your position until 100x once you've confirmed your trend.

Is that what I'm seeing with all the x's?

100x is 1000% dummies

can anyone explain to retard what is margin trading?

the way i see it is that most traders are basing their entry and exit points on TA, mostly stoch, rsi, and macd

paired with the orderbook, you can see if buy or sell walls are growing. using a cautious approach and buying based on these indicators are for the most part accurate, although unexpected movements can occur.

i've been doing well so far, only making a maximum of 2 trades a day to minimize falling into a trap where the indicators give a buy signal but have other unexpected action going on that could cause liquidation

also, i'm not risking anything i'm not willing to lose. i would never put more than ~100 on a 100x

that's parabolic SAR mate, it's good as a short-term trend indicator for scalping on 1 minute charts

You have $5,000.
Right now you can buy $5,000 worth of BTC without margin trading.

You have $5,000. Your account allows 100x leverage.
You can buy $500,000 worth of BTC by borrowing from your broker, but you must return the $495,000 to the broker plus interest after the trade.

If you use the full allowed margin and make 10% on your trade, You've profited $45k.

you borrow money from the exchange, so if you have 1 bitcoin and go long with 100x leverage, you will be trading 100 bitcoins per se

so if bitcoin goes up 1%, you would have doubled your money, leaving you with 2 bitcoins if you decide to close it there, or wait and see if it goes up to 10%, leaving you with a comfy 10 bitcoin profit

however, if bitcoin decides to dip lower than 0.4% and you dont have enough money in your wallet to sustain the dip, the exchange will liquidate your position and take your bitcoin so they dont lose money.

Sounds like a lot of fun.
>minimize falling into a trap where the indicators give a buy signal but have other
maintaining the right frame of reference is hard sometimes for sure. If you try to hard it becomes easy to make a misstep.
I do what you're doing with pennystocks - and with no margin, using the orderbook (called "level 2" in stocks) is a great way to read the next action.

replying to

>100x margin
>butterfly farts in nepal in the middle of a total market rally/crash
>instantly liquidated
no thanks

No 100x is 10,000% you fucking cuck