ETHERDELTA BACKDOOR - YOUR FUNDS ARE NOT SAFE!!!

medium.com/@decktonic/how-one-hacker-stole-thousands-of-dollars-worth-of-cryptocurrency-with-a-classic-code-injection-a3aba5d2bff0

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS???

If you've ever imported your private key in EtherDelta, get your shit outta that address RIGHT NOW and into something else. user in my Discord just got wiped clean clicking on a custom token URL on ED.

but muh adblock

>The attack detailed in this post has already been fixed by the EtherDelta team. I share this as a cautionary tale for Dapp developers and cryptocurrency users.

> it was patched within a few hours.

triptamine got owned

>The attacker gained the trust of users through cryptocurrency chat rooms on Discord and Slack
also your friend's retarded

heh, social engineering at work.

Point is that there could be other vulnerabilities like this.

>there could be other vulnerabilities like this
Yes, you are right. There will always be dumbasses that provide their private keys to someone. It's hard to patch against dumbasses.

its not a backdoor, more like a spear phishing vuln since in order to lose your keys you have to click on a specific link. Im surprised they didn't forsee this.

I use MetaMask, everyone else should as well.

>backdoor

You have no idea what you're saying or what these words mean. Kill yourself.

btfo

fuuuuuuuuggg

>triptamine got owned

What do you mean by this?

He's in the +3100 member bitpam Veeky Forums cryptocurrency trading/mining/coding discord server so I don't see what you're talking about

discord.gg/VpPrGmF

even if u use metamask u still have to deposit the money onto ed homie

We are Veterans that have been victimized by Coinbase's unethical swindling of our Wallets. That money is our families. My daughters saving. Remember, we have income taxes being withheld. Not tax free Bitcoin you everyone as Coinbase employees as you so eloquently accentuated. You are able to sleep a night in peace. Enjoy the illusion of a tranquil future because those of us that have not been maimed or killed are continuing to fight this perpetual war in multitude domains. We are more aware of the inevitable implementation of blockchain technology than we can elaborate. Consequently, several of us via our USSA portals initially aggregated of FAMILY accounts. We without hesitation surrendered our most personal information. You cannot imagine the emotions of betrayal our team feels toward Coinbase at this time. When I was given a go to notify Coinbase of FRAUD as DOD accessibility to sensitive portals had been compromised I was flabbergasted that NO ONE ever returned my calls, emails and outreach. I find it ironic that Coinbase FRAUD Department have committed fraud. Here lies the dilemma. This time it is personal as those funds beind held are my daughters! If we would die for to protect each other imagine the ramifications (edited)

What was the contract address?

He's the guy who runs the Sanity discord that tried to swindle people on Veeky Forums by posting a chainlink pre-sale link with a smart contract that charged 10%

So if I used metamask am I still fucked.

I'm still fucked aren't I?

why the fuck would anyone expose their private key?

Have you considered not just clicking on random links in discord

How did this happen?

What should my gas be set to on EtherDelta?

I had it set to 4 and everything was fine for a week. Today I still have 2 transactions 4+ hours old that have not confirmed.

What gas price is everyone using?

As shitty as Etherdelta is, it's always the first place trading occurs for Ethereum tokens.

is this pasta?

wow that's messed up

how did he get rekt though

the only way for it to work was through a custom link made by the attacker. if you are retarded enough to use tempered links to a site you have money in you deserve to lose it

DELET, We will find you.

underrated post