"protestant revolution was justified"

"protestant revolution was justified"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfiIhCYYeu8
youtube.com/watch?v=P_4a1kKJFlY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americanism_(heresy)
youtube.com/channel/UCW39zufHfsuGgpLviKh297Q/videos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irenaeus#Irenaeus.27_Mariology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_virginity_of_Mary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>selling people salvation

>anyone who reads the bible aside from the clergy are heretics and need to be burned at the stake

If you support liberty and capitalism, you're culturally Protestant

>By reading the Bible the germans will become better Christians
youtube.com/watch?v=mfiIhCYYeu8
youtube.com/watch?v=P_4a1kKJFlY

is there any other economic system that is not capitalism? I mean, even if you want to redistribute you need a profit margin to make it less risky for the workers

tfw

>normal citizens get their hands in the Bible
>instantly start editing the scripture

That is why only clergy should have access to the holiest text on earth

>Clergy is the only one able to read the holy Bible
>PRAY TO MARY! SPRINKLE WATER ON BABIES!!!

This is why everyone should be able to read and interperet the holy scripture

>be Protestant
>follow Sola Scriptura
>ignore the passages that verbatim form the Hail Mary
>ignore the passages where Jesus acknowledges Mary as having a special role
>ignore the OT passages that prefigure Mary
>reduce thousands of years of consensus dogma on Mary to hurrdurr papists pray to Mary!!!!!1

these threads are awesome, it's just a bunch of us protestants larping as catholics, who can't read or write

Where does thw Holy Bible tell us to pray to mary/saints?

>I HATE having to justify myself with reason >:((((
>So much smarter then the average bear :)

germans abandoned their faith, padre

We don't pray to them like they're God.
We pray for their intercessions on our behalf to God, as clearly stated in James.

What verse

do you pray to your axe to make it chop? Then why do you pray to a tool that your god uses?

the bible as we know it didn't exist before the 5th century though

god knows your heart, what can another person say that will change his omniscient understanding of every individual? I'm not even Christian but none of that makes sense and is catholic fanfiction like most of your little ceremony

>muh fairy tale

I thought God needed no middleman to get prayers?

>t. brainlet

chapter and verse

>it's just a bunch of us protestants larping as catholics, who can't read or write
I'd sooner believe most of you are Catholics than Protestants. Basically the only requirement to be Catholic is having been baptized and confirmed. Not a one of you subscribes to any historic Protestant confession or belongs to a confessional Protestant church. And none of you is a snake-flinging Baptist retard, because you wouldn't be here if you were.

>Doesn't believe in himself

Don't project your shortcomings on the rest of humanity

Empower the people. Not some corrupt clergy filled with flawed nonces themselves

Cucks

>"""Sola Scriptura"""
>needs to be spoon-fed one of the most critical verses in a non-Pauline epistle
lol

>"Catholics just invent tradition out of non-biblical pagan cults!"
>'well you see, here's a verse from Scripture itself that was evidently held in high enough esteem in the Apostolic Age to be part of the NT canon'
>"LOL THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE YOUR TRADITION IS DUMB"
okay then

People on Veeky Forums like larping as Catholics because it's fashionable to be a Trad Cath since that means not liking Pope Francis and wanting to Deus Vult™ outside of Paradox games
If they are actually Catholic, then like most lapsed Catholics of the younger generation, they were poorly catechized, if at all

>J-jesus wanted me to get raped up the ass, shut up, Father McBoyfondley loves me

>adult men arguing about how to interpret a fairy tale so they can base their entire perception of reality around it

Pretending said verse exists is no argument, no matter how much condescension you pour on.

>fairy tale
You don't actually know what those are, do you?

I'll bet you also use the word "epic" to describe things that have nothing to do with the genre. But go ahead: please continue to show your complete lack of education.

These retarded wojaks just keep getting worse and worse.

>Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much.

The Catholic Church, just like our Apostolic brethren the Eastern Orthodox, affirm and profess that all who have died in faith and have been received by the Lord our God in His eternal embrace are saints, and therefore "just men," and we ask for their intercessions on our behalf to the only mediator, Christ Jesus.

AM+DG

Yes, because the catholic church wasn't a church anymore

>Gnostics are heretics
>me I follow the inerrant word of Roman Emperor Constantine
>a man of the spirit like all roman emperors

>SPRINKLE WATER ON BABIES
>for 1500 years everyone baptized babies using water
>Suddenly some european who can't even read latim or greek thinks babies shouldn't get baptized because he had a vision
That's exactly why things like pic are the standard since 1517
Protestantism = americanism

>SPRINKLE WATER ON BABIES
>Suddenly some european who can't even read latin or greek thinks babies shouldn't get baptized because he had a vision
That's exactly why things like pic are the standard since 1517
Protestantism = americanism

Actually baptism must be made out of your own volition as per the bible.

>>ignore the passages where Jesus acknowledges Mary as having a special role
I don't remember this lol, what I remember is him saying that his mother and brothers are insignificant
praying to saints is heresy, objectively

FOR THERE IS ONE GOD

AND ONE MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MEN

THE MAN JESUS CHRIST

Huh, no mention of Mary, nor venerated saints. Just brothers in Christ. How interesting.

>Can't read Latin or Greek

I hope you aren't talking about Luther.

youtube.com/channel/UCW39zufHfsuGgpLviKh297Q/videos

DW on Youtube made 3 videos on reformation today.

>believing in the trinity

>Christianity is necessary for civilization
>oh Rome, Greece, Persia, Egypt, Sumeria, Babylon, Indus Valley, Chine and others don't count

>These retarded wojaks just keep getting worse and worse.

where does this end?

>where does this end?

Rome, Greece, Egypt, Babylon, Sumerian all became majority Christian brainlet, and China and Persia both have a Christian minority

From a humanitarian point of view did you like >tfw to smart wojack or brainlet wojack more?

>everyone should be able to misinterpret the holy scripture
>goddamn I love eating literal shit
*schisms*

Never happened

Also never happened, common people were illiterate and there was nothing preventing literate people from read the the bible

Normal citizens couldn't afford books and couldn't read them anyway.

>the bible is the entirety of christianity rather than part of a wider tradition as has always been taught

Also the Catholic Church doesn't sprinkle water to baptize, baptisms are either done by pouring or immersion.

>Catholics unironically think argumentum ad populum is an argument

26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

>protestants
>reading comprehension
pick one and only one

>28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
>38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
>41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: 42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

this triggers the protestant

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irenaeus#Irenaeus.27_Mariology

>early christians practice infant baptism
>everybody including early church fathers who personally knew the apostles or knew people who knew the apostles teach x thing
>protestants (and even then a minority of protestants) 1500 years later think that they finally got it right and teach y thing

Really makes you think

cool, where does Jesus say to pray to her? All I see is telling somebody to take care of his mother because he was dying
and yes Mary was a blessed woman and a wonderful servant of the Lord. When does Jesus tell us how and why to pray to her? I'm excited to find out.

is it near the verses where Jesus mentions he has brothers and Mary isn't a lifelong virgin? Or is it hidden in the same place as the verses which recount Mary's ascension?

>cool, where does Jesus say to pray to her? All I see is telling somebody to take care of his mother because he was dying

You're right if you ignore the historical context of the verses and what early Christians thought about them.

>he has brothers

The word doesn't mean literal biological brothers.

>Mary isn't a lifelong virgin

Nowhere does it say that

>Mary isn't a lifelong virgin
lol, retarded Calvinist detected. You're in sparse company.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_virginity_of_Mary

>By the fourth century, the doctrine was widely supported by the Church Fathers, and by the seventh century it had been affirmed in a number of ecumenical councils.[7][8][9] The doctrine is part of the teaching of Catholicism and Anglo-Catholics, as well as Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy, as expressed in their liturgies, in which they repeatedly refer to Mary as "ever virgin" (Greek: ἀειπάρθενος aeiparthenos).[10][11][12] The Assyrian Church of the East, which is derived from Church of the East, also accept the perpetual virginity of Mary by titling her the "Ever Virgin", after the "Second Heaven".[13][14][15]

>Some early Protestant reformers such as Martin Luther supported the doctrine, and founding figures of Anglicanism such as Hugh Latimer and Thomas Cranmer "followed the tradition that they had inherited by accepting Mary as 'ever virgin'".[16] Reformed teaching, however, largely abandoned it.[17][18] The doctrine of perpetual virginity is currently maintained by some Anglican and Lutheran theologians.[10][19][20][21] In addition, John Wesley, the founder of the Methodism, affirmed the perpetual virginity of Mary.[22]

>Martin Luther believed that Mary did not have other children and did not have any marital relations with Joseph. The Latin text of the 1537 Smalcald Articles, written by Martin Luther, used the term "Ever Virgin" to refer to Mary.[79]

again, some protestant claims that almost everyone before them down to the Church Fathers were wrong but they're right. They are promptly denounced by another protestant splinter group who also claims a monopoly on correct interpretation. Later, both groups deliberately mistranslate the bible so they can independently patent and thereby profit off their own super special translation.

>where does Jesus say to pray to her
veneration =/= worship

>The word doesn't mean literal biological brothers.
I lol'd
>by the seventh century it had been affirmed in a number of ecumenical councils
is this supposed to be evidence on your side?
>a bunch of people agree on something that makes no sense
>lol they're right!!!

>I know better than the martyrs.
classic prod

literally not an argument.

The word in Greek does not necessarily mean biological brothers and up until the Reformation nobody thought it did.

>a bunch of people agree on something that makes no sense

It does make sense, and unlike the Reformers the ecumenical councils could actually arrive at a single conclusion consistent with past teaching.

EPIC post XD

>"Catholics worship Mary because part of Constantine's Great Roman Apostasy™!"
>'but user, the Canticle of Simeon and the Magnificat are both in the Gospel and decisively point to her special role in human history and the economy of salvation. . .'
>"Those words in the Bible aren't what you think they mean! I D O L A T R Y!"
>'but user, we have the writings of the Church Fathers that attests to how the early Christian community practiced and professed their beliefs. . .'
>"THAT'S NOT AN ARGUMENT"
>'but user, Protestant denominations are generally guided by a desire to 'restore' Christianity to early apostolic roots, you can't just discard the evidence that suggests you're wrong. . .'
>"FILTHY PAPIST WHORE OF BABYLON"

every time.

>a bunch of people agree that the apostolic churches somehow didn't "truly" understand the bible, which makes no sense
>lol they're right!!!

So indulgences are A OK with you?

>argumentum ad populum again

>a remission before God of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven

Not him, but what is the problem here? You don't think the Church has the ability to assign penance?

Of course it does not. Nor can it forgive sin. Nor can it make crackers into divine flesh. Nor can it make juice into divine blood. Nor can it assign penalties to sin. Nor can it justify its own existence. Nor can it defend itself against charges of being Nicolaitan. Nor can it withstand historical scrutiny and the murder of tens of millions of innocents. Nor can it prevent its end by fire from heaven, and its utter destruction in one hour.

>>'but user, we have the writings of the Church Fathers that attests to how the early Christian community practiced and professed their beliefs. . .'
lol no you don't
show me pre-constantinian veneration of Mary or praying to saints. you literally can't

Early christian sect also practiced adult baptism, so there's a precedent for both

It's worse than that. Most of what these people think about Mary is 19th century heresy.

Jesus practiced exclusively adult baptism, and so did his disciples, so there's only precedent for that

And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.
Acts 16:33

So... Sainthood is essentially a theory?

>I’m fed up with the world, and it is fed up with me. I’m quite content with that. The world thinks that if it is only rid of me everything will be fine, and it will accomplish this. After all, it’s as I’ve often said: I’m like a ripe stool and the world’s like a gigantic anus, and so we’re about to let go of each other.
— Martin Luther

And 500 years later people still follow this shitposter.

>veneration of Mary
irenaeus and hippolytus both wrote about mariology
catacombs of priscilla demonstrate early popular devotion
sub tuum praesidium antedates the council of nicaea
the text to the hail mary is literally in the bible
>praying to saints
intercessory prayers are literally in the bible

it's just a ridiculous exercise every time
violent rejection of sacred Tradition relies on painting a target around the arrow

Oh yeah i forgot this retard logged the characteristics of all his shits

>the teachings of the apostles themselves are not necessarily true

Rome fell after Christianity, Greece was invaded by Rome and then the Ottomans after Christianity, Egypt, Babylon, and Sumeria all became irrelevant until Islam, and China and Persia were never controlled by Christians.

>"sola scriptura"
>*removes books*

>implying protestant priests aren't paedoing with the best of them

what a fucking retard

>intercessory prayers are literally in the bible
literally they are not. the dead do not pray, they are already with God. Communion with the dead is witchcraft

wojack posters need to kill themselves.

revelation 5:8

that's called the sin of simony and the catholic church condemns it

>Rome was Christian for over half of it's existence
>Rome fell because of Christianity

they are holding the prayers of God's people in bowls. look at the entire passage; in what sense does it look like they are communicating with God on the living's behalf? You're literally committing pagan sin when you address anyone other than God in your prayers

6 Then I saw a Lamb that looked as if it had been slaughtered, but it was now standing between the throne and the four living beings and among the twenty-four elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which represent the sevenfold Spirit[c] of God that is sent out into every part of the earth. 7 He stepped forward and took the scroll from the right hand of the one sitting on the throne. 8 And when he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they held gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God’s people. 9 And they sang a new song with these words:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
and break its seals and open it.
For you were slaughtered, and your blood has ransomed people for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 And you have caused them to become
a Kingdom of priests for our God.
And they will reign[d] on the earth.”

HOW THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH INTERCESSIONARY PRAYERS TO SAINTS

LITERALLY HOW

They don't know what saints are.

They think saints are only dead people that the pope deems worthy of being saints.

They think carrying the censer is the same as hearing the prayer. They're lost pagans.

neither of those have anything to do with being christians.

the first one is ridiculous but the situation probably didn't happen as described in the title anyway.

the second one was meant to help integrating arriving refugees into society and give them pertinent information about life in germany. relating it in any way to the paris attacks is malicious and deliberately misleading. you're also ignoring the fact that many arabic speakers are christians.

>Sola Christus

now wait a minute