How would you take over Rome?

The year is 150BC. You are a member of the Roman Senate. How do you take over Rome? What positions do you go after? Do you try and implement your own Marian Reforms?

Well? Let’s hear it, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gracchi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How do you take over Rome?

Tell everyone that i will make Rome great again

>what positions do you go after
POTUS

>Do you try and implement your own Marian Reforms?

Yes

>150 BC
>Take over Rome

Too early. If I were a Senator I'd try to use my influence to try and pass some sort of compromise land reform as to ease the pressure on the small farmers without pissing off the aristocrats too much but that's a real far fetch. Basically do something to prevent what ended up happening with the Gracchi - that was the start of all the trouble.

>take over Rome
The only thing I would is make the senate stronger and give less power to the military.

Ian there anything even interesting going on in this time period? Who the fuck finds Rome interesting anyway? It’s all just gay ass Italians. The Egyptians would beat their ass any day of the week.

How exactly would you do that?

>The Egyptians would beat their ass any day of the week.
That is actually demonstrably wrong.

Ha, provenit bitch boy. The romans are overhyped shitheads who collapsed and changed around so many times, but the Egyptians were so stable hat nobody could ever beat then

Problem is, the Gracchi basically already tried a light version of the land reform and killed over it.
The Senate was blind and stupid at the time. They never thought in their wildest dreams, that not giving away land to the poor would solve all their problems.
Funny at that, the damn grain dole was also a senatorial idea and basically the equivalent to modern welfare. People like cato hated the grain dole and thought it would bring all the dregs of society from other parts of the empire to rome and overburden the state.
Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

so donald is the farce?

care to enlighten me on who the gracchi are?

I would repeat what Sulla did.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gracchi
>inb4 wiki
A very basic recap is they tried to reform how much land the aristocracy could own, and hand over some of it to the plebian population.
As you can imagine this didn't sit well with the senators, and major landowners, so they riled up a mob that practically tore the two brothers limb from limb.

Sorry, only the oldest brother was killed by a mob. The younger brother was killed ten years later.

Egypt was an Achaemenid satrapy, a hellenic successor kingdom, and a literal roman colony.

Sulla did nothing to weaken the military.

>romefag gets btfo
>W-Egypt was just a c-colony of Rome!

Just admit that Egypt’s better, fag.

>Sulla did nothing to weaken the military.

I don't care. I just do everything that happend back then. Augustus and the rest is too good of a story to retcon.

Retard. Sulla broke the republic with his use of the army.

he actually restored the republic

Make land reform then kms.

He did no such thing. He showed everyone how irrelevant the Senate was when you command the army and started the strongman cycle that tore the late republic apart.

if you step down from power you have restored the republic.

I remember this series about rome, there was this 1 woman that only talking saving the republic, you saved the republic, kill that man to save the republic, etc

thanks for sharing

Lots of spinning, opera watching, ironic stabbing and clone making will be involved in my campaign

If you leave it in shambles you've done nothing for it.

>make everyone an equal citizen, no plebs nor patricians
>same judicial and legislative bodies for everyone
>public schools
>free slaves
>move towards free enterprise after slave economy is done with, this creates a driver for innovation and microeconomic activity
>council of plebs becomes lower house of senate, which s the stepping stone for former plebs into high tier politics
>4 year terms for consuls, who are elected by general elections
>universal and secret ballots
>come up with a way to have free media
>die from an assassin's blade

You are retarted

>make everyone a--
>die from an assassin's blade

FTFY

>How do you take over Rome?
I use diplomatic friendships to stretch my influence over all of it and any considerable blockade or enemy will be discretely assassinated or subjugated through intriguing treaties, preferably though just silenced or turned on my side with good offers.

>What positions do you go after?
I desper to become a legate and conquer all of Spain in a few months. I will attempt to strengthen my position by conquering the Lusitanians and Carthaginians without killing or destroying people and buildings their, so I have an autonomous power base to become consul.

>Do you try and implement your own Marian Reforms?
Yes, I would even go much further than historically. Better weapons and discipline can all be assured,most important would be loyalty to me. I would introduce multiple fighting styles and planns to keep operations flexible and never give the enemy any advantage, I would integrate Barbarians into the legions, but more as a supportive unit.
Focus would lie on having many weapon types, perfected logistics,minimalism and micro-management, improved non-chain command,maximal mobility, tactical education and visualization for a new mass of officers and soldiers and more communication. Moral would be increased by luxury goods&entertainment, short motivitional courses and propaganda and more ranks which could easily be reached, with punishments only for internal rivalry and light-minded actions,except for officers.

>implying you wouldn't be murdered before you were even able to pass the first law.

Why didn't Egypt then beat the Assyrians,or Hittites or keep the Jews as slaves?

>take over
fuck that, I dont want to be knifed, Id bandwagon onto a political faction at the most and let them take the heat. plus Id want to keep a reformed republicanism
I cautiously push for or try to build support for land reform, further enfranchisement of the plebs, marian refr ms with the state and not the generals with the power of the purse, better sanitation like not using on fucking sponge per public toilet, more widespread eucation, etc.
Assuming that doesnt work out I go to plan B and buy a qt celtic/greek slave and drown in their boypussy on my landed rural estate most of the time while Rome devolves into infighting

Its 150 BC, cathage was already destroyed and spain was under roman control

So Carthage was destroyed before the Third Punic War? Then who did the Romans fightz?

>Spain
Wasn't fully conquerred until 19bc. The western half wasn't in Roman hands by 150bc.

IT wasn't in shambles. Every person of power save julius came from the Senate. Who was murdered by that very same senate. They even got to choose the ultimate emperor of Rome generations later.

Oh sorry, 3rd p war was 149-146
I got confused

I wouldn't take over Rome just have some slaves to do things for me and some female slaves to sleep with (as a sanate member I likely already have all of this). This is really the life I dream about.

>Implying I wouldn't be a dutiful servant of the res publica

This
Anybody here who thinks they can handle being the supreme ruler of the Roman res publica is just another Didius Julianus

I would go to Gaul and bring back huge amounts of auxiliaries of Gallic and Germanic stock tipping the balance in my favor against any other generals in Italy.

That would never work.

>he would seize rome with an army of barbarians
you absolute degenerate

>implying barbarians are more degenerate than romans
>implying romans aren’t filthy savages

>>he would seize rome with an army of barbarians
you absolute degenerate

not realizing that this is literally what Caesar did. He also added a couple hundred more senators most of which were from conquered tribes north of the Po

Pleb. He restored the republic and removed all communists.

caesar crossed the rubicon with only the 13th
furthermore he didn't overthrow the senate with a bunch of barbarians, he gave the conquered people representation in parliament which also served to create a bunch of new senators who were indebted to him

>parliament
fuck me, I meant the senate

I buy qt slave girls and debauch myself to death. Who cares what happens to Rome?

>he gave the conquered people representation in senate
I don't think you quite understand how Roman republic worked.

True, but Caesar definitely used Gauls and Germans in the civil war. Theres a well documented occasion in Greece where a German bodyguard killed three romans to save Caesar who had found himself in a pickle. Your not a true radical populist until you are willing to use barbarians on your own countrymen to further your cause.

>Taking over Rome in 150BC.
Why?

I would rather retire to sicily with 100 germanic/celtic slaves and live the life of pure hedonism while reading beautiful works of greek philosophers.

t. plelbian from /leftypol/