If you could live forever, would you?

Hard mode: you cannot kill yourself or change your mind.

What happens if I'm completely annihilated somehow?
Because the answer is probably yes, but depends on what happens if somehow I'm just obliterated. Do I become a ghost or something?

Yes.

>Do you want to be a literal god, capable of witnessing history unfold for eternity?

Fucking obviously, if we're granting wishes here can I go back in time to about 200,000 B.C. ?

Okay how about no immortality, just the ability to not age. You stay young(or your preffered age) but human. You still have to figure out how to survive while not aging.

nope. not really about being around when the heat death of the universe happens and i experience endless eternity of nothingness.

+and you'd have to figure out how to fit into the rest of human society also.

>literal god
At some point you are going to find yourself forgotten in the rubble of a ruined building or under a ship that has sunk to the bottom of the ocean at which point you will begin the process of gaining firsthand experience of how plate tectonics works.

Why does OP always forget Veeky Forums is filled with nitpicking faggots?

what if i end up like Tithonus?

Potentially, but likely I'd keep a somewhat low profile to avoid this, and if I get to start in 200,000 B.C. I'll be able to dictate how history takes place and how man evolves.

Gib milkys

How? You're just some dude. You can possibly have an impact in specific events but generally you'll be too small to do anything, unless you're some inspirational leader of men.

If starting in 200,000 B.C. In a spot indesignate I can introduce the concepts of farming, and of the written language, among countless other things that if humanity had back then, would have so drastically changed the course of history.

HAHA TIME TO PUSH A BOULDER UP A HILL

yes to this, no to OP

I always loved the book Glory Road by Robert Heinlein which was exactly this scenario. The main character dates an ageless princess who becomes depressed when she realizes that taking the throne guarantees that she's going to one day die to an assassin.

>I'd keep a somewhat low profile to avoid this
A high profile wouldn't make it any more likely that an accident happens and you get buried in a landslide, crushed by tornado debris or trapped inside a sunken ship for the rest of eternity..

And considering you have essentially infinite time this is bound to happen eventually.

without hesitation, I'd get used to any pain and with an eternity to spend I could probably accomplish a lot

What would you do after the heat death? Or the extinction of life in the universe? Or the extinction of human species? Or the death of Earth?

What if love must die?

Nah. Maybe it is more reasonable to live forever but honestly I don't care about that shit at all. I'll do what I can as any other human being and then die. That's how things are, I don't have a desire to change them.

Yes, I would.

If I was a cute girl. As I am, no. Even then it would suck when the planet eventually blew up and I’d still just be a cute girl floating through space

The fact that the human lifespan is so temporary is the main reasoned I haven't KMS desu.

I have news for all of you.

You are all going to live forever.

God is Love, and God never dies.

Trips speak the truth

I wouldn't because as says, human life has meaning because of our inherent limitations. If we were unlimited in some way the human experience would be gone.

God no

Your dubs confirm m8 we’re all literally here forever