Motivation / stop procrastinating

How do you guys stay motivated? I know this is a retarded question but goddammit I have a serious problem. When I was younger, I could literally spend 3 days without sleep working on a single goal. I would grind like a motherfucker.

Now, I’m older and can’t seem to fucking focus on anything. Even when I begin to see success in something, I’ll take a day off and then watch as it slowly diminishes. I find it hard to jump back in once I’ve broken the chain, so to speak. I know I’ll need to get some shit done and I’ll begin procrastinating like s motherfucker. I’ll watch a video on YouTube and then that turns into 20 videos on YouTube while checking social media, etc...

I’ve been successful in the past and been fucked over multiple times, so maybe that had something to do with it subconsciously? I’m admittely lazy as fuck now. Maybe I’m just burnt out?

How do you stay motivated / stop procrastinating?

I have exactly the same problem

I'm the same. Just ordered some piracetam, maybe it will help

Exactly the same problem. Is it social engineering to make us failures?

Same user.
Bring in the user wojack hug .jpg

I know this feel. Ever since I've turned 23 I don't feel young and invincible anymore. I think I need antidepressants

I don’t know, man. I honestly hate all the shit that’s fed to us on a daily basis. I do t know about you guys, but I’m so sick of politics that I can’t stand it. It’s ALWAYS negative shit all over the place. I’m going to look into those plugins that block political shit from Facebook.

I’ve been doing a little bit of research and it does look like this shit may be related to depression.

I'm on them. It's a real rub.
I used to be able to obsess of small things and learn lots, and was definitely mentally ill. I kept just trying to find my footing to get out there, talk with people, be the human that everybody else seemed to be able to do easily. Just felt broken.

After about 8 years of taking Zoloft, I now have a great social life. I moved cities. My job is basically promotion, booking, and events for bars. I'm really good at what I do, meet great people, and do fairly well by wagecuck standards. I have two gfs, my apartment is great, and I could go out and likely run into friends anytime.

It comes with a void. What made me want to learn shit was that I was broken and if only I did some great shit, life would fall into place. I just can't seem to retain and do anything anymore. I'm becoming less and less social, rather spend time at home, and end up posting on a Mongolian Shadow Puppet board at 2am now. I care less and less about meeting new people. I get why people want to end their lives when they have been taking this shit for so long. You are never happy. You are never sad. You are just there.

2 gf? Do they know?

Yup. Sometimes we have threesomes. To be honest, my sex life is insane. I owned a small BDSM dungeon, managed a swinger's club, things are nuts.
They date other people as well. I have zero jealously issues. Likely because of the anti-depressants.

I get MOTIVATED from people in the +3100 member bitpam Veeky Forums cryptocurrency trading/mining/coding discord server

discord.gg/VpPrGmF

Your life seems pretty good but if you're not there to enjoy it what's the point right

In my experience it means one of two things
>1. You don't want "it" bad enough
>2. You don't actually know what you need to achieve to get "it"

Up until a little over a month ago I was really fucking scared about a lack of motivation. I thought I was "broken" that I was incapable of ever working hard again or not being a NEET

Well a few weeks ago I was spending 14 hours+ a day religiously working on a project. Sequentially knocking off tasks I had set myself. No monetary reward (but there was a lot of social expectation riding on it - 40 fucking people were there to see it finished, I was expecting maybe 10).

I was amazed, I've been waking up at like 2pm sometimes... but during the last week, I'd be working till 4am... wake up at 9:30am sleep in like a fucking pussy, but still be working by at least 11am.

I mean obviously the fear of embarrassment, public failure really kicked me in the ass, but the fact was I had internalized a desire to do it.

I've gone back to the kind of thing you've spoken about now that it's finished - the 1 Youtube video becomes 20, constantly refreshing Bloomberg or Veeky Forums for something "interesting" that never comes. But I'm not as worried about it now because I know that I can reverse this shit.

Which means you got to fucking pick something you really want and go full steam or put your reputation on the line for something. I dunno user.
Do you want it? Do you know what you need to get it?

Yeah. That's truth.

Nice.

A lot of the time people say it's not a matter of motivation, rather than self-discipline. The things you procrastinate on are the things you "should" do, but instead of doing them whether you like it or not, you wait until you "want" to do them. And so the time passes.

I'm in the same cart btw.

thanks

>The things you procrastinate on are the things you "should" do, but instead of doing them whether you like it or not, you wait until you "want" to do them. And so the time passe
Once upon a time I thought that.

But what I've realized, and this might be unique to me, is that when I procrastinate on something it's usually because I'm under-prepared to do a good job of it.

I always find there's a bunch of shit I didn't consider or I didn't have the right tools, or that there was a succession of preliminary tasks I didn't realize needed completing.

An analogy would be thinking "fuck I need to draw a Gant chart" and realizing you need to install Microsoft Excel, and then after that you realize you need to use the company templates so you need to find and install them... all this fucking BULLSHIT between me and the Gant chart.

Arguably sub-consciously I know that, which I think is why I procrastinate, but it's fucking frustrating that I don't consciously identify it so I can fucking clear the path, be ready to finish the thing originally I'd be procrastinating on.

motivation is a false god

diciplen is becoming a man

Holy fuck, and I thought I can do lines properly...

>is it social engineering to make us failures?

no

most of us are fucking stingy
so social media / online services can't charge for what they offer us

so instead, they turn to advertising for their revenue

therefore every online company is incentivised to make their sites/apps addictive,
because as time spent on the site goes up, so does ad revenue

Have you tried using some kind of coworking space user? I also had procrasti issues while working at home, it all vanished after moving to coworking space - not as comfy as home, but somehow i felt more comfortable doing actual work than procrastinating there. Good luck.

Even if it is, i would try and avoid thinking like that. Don't handball the blame elsewhere. Acknowledge your motivation or wherewithal problem and devise a solution.

I use to do this. Would recommend.

Even if you can't afford it, try this: Robert Caro, the famous author puts on a suite and tie before he starts writing.

Space. Routine. Mindset.