Why isn't this the flag of Ireland

Why isn't this the flag of Ireland

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tricolour_(flag)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because potatoniggers are stupid; they don't know what is good for them

tricolours are the patrician choice. the present flag is optimal

>tricolours are the patrician choice
tricolors are plebeian, check the French revolution for reference.

The currently flag was considered very progressive and accommodating to Protestants at the time it was adopted.

Now that unionists are dead-set against reunification and routinely burn a flag that is supposed to partially represent them I do think we should adopt a new one.

Tricolours are boring as fuck too.

wtf, tricolors are anti patrician by definition.

Having the arms on the flag of a country is pleb tier.

The arms should be on a separate flag to the Tri colour in order to represent the monarch/leader.

Protties, protties ruin everything

tri color flags are republican you dumb fuck, there is no monarch.

Yes, the united kingdom is republican. Fucking moron.

Because the Irish are useless, we should've just genocided them all and replaced them with hard working english protestants

they got the union jack, a combination of crosses you dumb fuck. learn what a tricolore first en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tricolour_(flag)

Trolled

t. France

(You)

But user, Ireland has a higher GDP per capita than """""Great""""" Britain!

Highest GDP in Europe, still a shitty country with major economic problems

Because it's a republic not a monarchy
Same reason Lithuania is Africa tier

>be tax haven for corporations operating in the EU
>whoa guys look out our GDP per capita
Ireland should be nuked. That being said, so should the UK.

>green
But the National colour of Ireland is blue.

>nuke the nation which is in top 3 for inventions
>fascism is the Fitzgerald cross
Woah

I think you're mixing Ireland up with Scotland. Only gay writers come from Ireland.

The matter of whether England was a force for ruin or a force for prosperity in Ireland is an objective one, not a subjective one.
England routinely destroyed any attempts by Ireland to prosper, even during periods when the Irish were loyal and even happy to be under the English crown.
Even when the idea of a "protestant ireland" existed, in which a tiny minority of the population which was protestant was given pretty much all the land/jobs/power by right and janky inheritance laws, the English routinely limited the level to which the protestant irish could prosper; Dublin at a time almost rivalled London in terms of trade, renown and beauty when it came to how people across Europe saw it, but heavy restrictions on for example the Wool and Linen trade and manufactory fucked that over too.
The native Irish had their own set of laws and culture which worked pretty well and effectively, providing an un-ironically relatively equal society where one's value was based on what one contributed to his household or tribe.
One of the original reasons for the invasion of Ireland was to bring them in line with the Pope, who was angry with Ireland for their wacky new Celto-Christian set of beliefs.

tl;dr- all the people who believe Ireland is rightfully English/British or that the English "modernised" Ireland or "taught them how not to be savages" are retarded. Then again, the average anglo's grasp on history has never been particularly strong.

So what is supposed to be on a reactionary flag, something like a national icon?

Why does Veeky Forums honestly become so autistic in threads about my country

>Dublin at a time almost rivalled London in terms of trade,

At which point? Surely this would have been fare before English Conquest.

>tricolours are the patrician choice
Literally 10 random other countries have tricolor flags

Dublin is shit and Connemara is full of inbred sheep. Hardly a country.

>dublin is shit
you literally won't find any argument about this from any decent irishman
jackeens please fuck off

Let me refrase:
>Dublin is shit
>Galway is nice but barely a city
>Cork is meh
>Belfast isn't yours
The only nice places I've seen in Ireland were some small towns here and there, places like Navan, Connemara is pretty but again full of inbred sheep.

Dublin post-tudor invasion was well set to hit a level of prosperity that could propel it to-despite how crude a term it is-"be just about as desirable a place to live in or trade with as london."
The city was renowned for its beauty, and generally for those who were part of regular society life wasn't too shabby at all. Of course this was a mask-a massive majority of the population were simply presumed not to exist, as it was decreed at some point by some dumbass king that "there are no catholic irish" and so anyone in Ireland "choosing" to be Catholic was essentially fucked out of all their possessions; Catholic men had their land forcefully divded up between their sons however if one of their sons was protestant he inherited ALL the land.

It's a simple case of Ireland having an utterly ridiculous potential which was heavily and repeatedly restricted by English laws to prevent them becoming successful beyond a point that benefited the English.
When I say "almost rivalled" I mean "almost." They weren't on a natural track to surpass London, they simply could have for sure were such retarded laws not forced on the catholics and such weird limitations on prosperity imposed on traders and manufactories.

Because English people like to ignore the fact Ireland exists because their handling of it will always be one of the most hilariously fumbled and retarded stains on their history.
Some americans also hate Ireland because US is so full of bogtrotter LARPers.

>nipples
Now you know why they don't use it anymore.

They used it for the Royal Irish Rifles.

>Navan
>Nice
t. navan native

>Dublin
>Scandinavian colony turned into an English one
>Irish

O I'm laffin

I think you're exaggerating your claims England historically had a higher population than the other states in the British isles yet only had one city which came close to London in terms of size and trade...Norwich

Not that London in this period was particularly amazing

The history of the city doesn't have anything to do with it's potential. What are your opinions based on? A lot of my knowledge on Ireland-especially the protestant and catholic divide-is from Robert Kee for example.
I'm not exaggerating whatsoever, a generally accepted consensus is that one of the reasons that Ireland ended up with such a weirdly convulsed and both pretty great but not particularly prosperous economies is that it was at its best used as a tool or source of income for England.
Much of the dissent against England in the higher ranks of Irish society came from the Protestants, not the Catholics.
Even during the famine, Ireland exported an incredible amount of food and continued to operate at a reasonable level of efficiency, the idea that the country-or at the very least dublin-had potential to come very close to the capital of England really wasn't that far-fetched.
Population wise, Dublin's surged far beyond 60,000 in the 18th century putting it at the second largest city in the British Empire.

I'd suggest reading some material on the changes to inheritance laws and the changes to Irish Parliament conducted by the Protestant Irish there, as well as comments on the idea of a "Protestant Ireland" while there was still a catholic majority, as it gives insight into the massive restrictions placed on Ireland's trade and manufactories as well as on their governmental institutions.

>Tricolours are boring as fuck too.

This, plus it looks like a faded mediterranean flag of some sort.

Italy, Italy is the word you're looking fir.

Dublin is worse. No matter how hard you make fun of the country folk. Dublin is fucking shit.

Are you honestly, genuinely replying to ME, a Palesman, as a lowly bogboy? Delete this post immediately.

The tricolor is kind of strange because it symbolises peace (white) between the Catholics (green) and the Protestants (orange).
But all the Irish Protestants are in the British occupied counties.

Daily reminder that Irish population used to be 2/3 of the British one in the early 1800s

Because it's bad flag design.

Hard to draw.

t. TED/reddit

Ireland's flag is indistinguishable from Ivory Coast's. This is the fate of all tricuckold "flags"

>Not the Uí Neíl flag

Flags are supposed to be easy to draw and memorize.

They should also be unique, meaningful and not easily confused with other flags.

still pretty sore about that tbqh

Which current Irish flag is.

>Ivory_Coast.jpg

>ivory coast

Kys.
I.C. is orange first green last you fucking idiots