Can one person be both the Pope as well as the United States President at the same exact time?

Can one person be both the Pope as well as the United States President at the same exact time?

No,the President has to be elect

No

Can’t the President simultaneously be a Cardinal and then for some reason the other Cardinals vote for him?

I don't think you understand who the elect are

Yes, as long the president is Catholic. It technically isn't required to be a cardinal. Though I imagine it would be difficult to govern the United States from Rome

I’m confused. (not American)

Kek, catholic can't be controlled by the pope if he's the pope

Trump is not even catholic.

Not speaking about Trump personally, just any US President and he happened to be the first one that popped up

Hypothetically yes, realistically no.

A high ranking American bishop might be in a position to fulfill either role, but it would be difficult to do both simultaneously.

Scaling the question down, can one person be both the Mayor and Archbishop of New York City?

>Holy
>States
>of America

It will happen in your lifetimes.

Judges would claim incompatiblity

>Western Europe will adopt Islamic Democracy and the Americas will adopt Hispanic Integralism within our lifetimes

Crazy timeline

sounds pretty neat, tbqh

Not sure if something stops clergymen to take a political office.

Also, can someone be the president (Head of government, not some bullshit like the Queen is to half of the world) of two or more countries?

The Queen is the head of state of a dozen countries

No the POTUS can't hold a government position in a foreign country. Since the pope is sovereign of the Vatican the POTUS can't also be pope.

I believe most countries require the president(or equivalent) to be a natural born citizen or at least both a citizen and not a citizen in another country. Even if you did find two nations that don't have such requirements, the relevant laws would probably get changed pretty quickly if it ever became a realistic possibility.

That's real sad for the POTUS. Can the POTUS be the commander of a foreign army? Or is it forbidden for the POTUS? I think since the POTUS is POTUS He Can very well be a real POTUS

>you will never live in a world where /ourguy/ was president and Pope at the same time

Not the case in the Netherlands, though I'm pretty sure there are provisions against being employed by another government.

This would make a lot of evangelical Protestants really, really mad.

No
>Canon 285 §3. Clerics are forbidden to assume public offices which entail a participation in the exercise of civil power.

And she's head of the Church of England.

bump