Dont buy link

please stop buying.. i dont want to see every one loose their money when the scam is shown.

sell you're chainlink coins now or u will be get dumped on and be sorry

Other urls found in this thread:

link.smartcontract.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck you, you're not taking my links!

This is the most popular scam out there. Too bad it's just that... a scam.

wtf just sold 100k

thanks user, sold all my holding. how did you find out it was a scam?

yeah, sold 100k, SCAM

What do you mean?

He means he wants ur bags buddy

>be scared when others are greedy
>be greedy when others are scared

This shit is getting hyped way too hard on here right now. So yeah I agree. Much safer bet is to put money into something in the red right now that is undervalued. Link is a 2 man team and they could easily lose focus of token value and it could easily drop to at or below ico price on ED. And it's on fucking ED right now so if it starts tanking good luck trying to sell at a small loss with the low volume and bad UI.

Buying now is complete fomo.

w-what if it's a scam

no working product
solved "problem" exist only after it was created.. for 32 million... lol

it's a ponzi scam... sell now if you have still

what exchange is this on?

It's getting hyped on Veeky Forums and biz alone. No other forums are talking about it yet. I'm screenshotting your post and I'll dedicate a thread in your honor in a few weeks.

I dont even understand why we would need this. Why do we need this for eth?

Banks need it for eth

please guys im begging you to sell, I just did research on link and i want in

Veeky Forums is turning into one of the dumbest boards on this site.

Why?
Also, this assumes banks want to use eth.

It's literally on the site man, and I was simplifying when I said eth, it's a way for financial institutions to get into blockchain shit in general

link.smartcontract.com/

how do I buy link? I'm only using bittrex rn, what exchange do I need to be on?

To be fair, Veeky Forums attracts any poor sap with memes of riches and lambos.
Doesn't help the richfags show off.

I dont care what the site tells me, that is biased.
If its because of ownership, you could simply create erc-20 tokens which represent an real life asset.

I repeat, why do we need chain link?
What value does it bring.

I have no idea. Apparently it's backed by Facebook so you can buy things on Facebook with LINKS in theory.

Are you the same clown that keeps going into LINK threads demanding people to explain things to you and then getting pissed off and dismissive when they answer your questions?

What problem?!
It implies you cant use api's with smart contracts.
But you can.
Everything (information based) thats connected to the internet can be used in smart contracts.

This is a meme coin.
Prove me wrong

No this is the first thread and am genuinely interested.
I simply dont see its value.

/thread
These peons will make arguments with zero substance to defend this scamcoin, because they are too emotionally invested in it

You'll never get me lucky links!

hes the clown for sure, he wont admit to it ofcourse

>Everything (information based) thats connected to the internet can be used in smart contracts.
You have to get the information into the blockchain somehow, and you have to do it in a way that everyone using the contract trusts. Chainlink focuses on solving that problem in a decentralized way.

Ok I think I get your point.
Still needs adoption to be successful though.

That's what the presentation at SIBOS is for you dingaling.

If banks would run their information on ethereum/plasma they wouldnt need something like chainlink. Since the information cant be manipulated.

>run their information on ethereum
that's literally what chainlink is attempting to do

This will not end well. Too much rich dreams who doesn't even understand the concept.
And the devs are looking for a way to get adopted in the real world. That means no Instant X5 gains and therefore all the poor Veeky Forums fags will dump very soon.

What I mean is why do you need an extra layer, if plasma is all you need.

>Too much rich dreams who doesn't even understand the concept
>And the devs are looking for a way to get adopted in the real world

That's literally every coin out there including Bitcoin at one point.

90% of all startups fail.
I have yet to find out what value chainlink will bring what besides what will be solved by ethereum in the near future.

>in the near future
Why wait when LINK can already do it?

Why banks adopt it when they try to stay far away from crypto atm?
Also if they do decide to adopt it, why will they add an extra unnecessary layer?

There is no problem for chainlink to solve atm.

And when there will be a problem, it can be solved in Ethereum itself or even a better Blockchain in the Future.

And where do you make gains today? In Tokens which are buildijg solely on delivering and Future use case? Or more like on coins which are built solely in hype and marketing, like omg neo and Kyber?
I don't see the big picture adding Up, but i guess i am not blinded like 99% of biz right now.
Guess we are all waiting for SIBOS to take Profits anyway, then this project will be dead for several months

when is it happening?

kek at the people here who arenet already in on this

imagine the pink wojak scenes in 6 months from now from now when we're at 100x

O C T O B E R

we will see about that when the time comes

No, that's me. Which none of you have explained so far, besides "read the whitepaper". I have, this is an unnecessary top layer to sling templates of smart contracts using ETH.

My understanding is that large LINK holders act as nodes (oracles) who provide a decentralized, secure, and competitive source of information for the execution of smart contracts.

Is this right? Can anyone simplify or correct me? Are there any plans for Ethereum to make this redundant with coming updates?

This is literally what ETH already does.

Ethereum does not have access to Legacy Data (Information outside the blockchain). Chainlink provides that info.

tbf its not yet scaled for high speed data transfers.
plasma will change that though.

>Still needs adoption to be successful though.
I'm sure none of these entities will help with that...

Are we starting the fud campaign again? But I'm done accumulating

This is what smart contracts can already do?

please elaborate on this "legacy data" that you speak of.

I would say this data if put on the internet can be used by ethereum already.

Another user stated >You have to get the information into the blockchain somehow, and you have to do it in a way that everyone using the contract trusts. Chainlink focuses on solving that problem in a decentralized way.

This is a decent argument but imo this will be instantly solved when plasma is available, thus making chainlink obsolete.

Maybe its just me but I never heard of those names.

If the banks wanted to start using the blockchain they are presented with two options:

>upgrade their existing infrastructure and trust that all banks will upgrade quickly so that they can continue communicating effectively
or
>use chainlink to connect their existing structure with the blockchain
Put yourself in the shoes of banks, will you spend resources on finding solutions for many tech problems or use something that already has the thumbs up from SWIFT?

Can ETH smart contracts tell you who won the super bowl? No they can't. They can only tell you the value of another shitcoin so you can trade your shitcoin for that shitcoin. LINK tries to get information from the real world to the blockchain so that real business can take place.

Yes, but what about existing data and legacy systems?

How do I get data from the US gov, they aren't putting it on the block chain for me. Stock data, health data, all the fucking data in the world.

99.999999% of it is off chain, and currently only accessible by a centralized oracle, which is a point of failure and unacceptable for corporations. Decentralization is necessary

By packaging? What are the strengths, as a fellow bagholder

I understand plasma to be all about scale and the ability to process transactions quicker. Where does it indicate that it intends to create an decentralized oracle that can handle trustful transacts?

>Maybe its just me but I never heard of those names.
Simply epic.

Definitely just you

Smart contracts cannot make API calls to anything outside of other contracts on the same blockchain. You are either a complete idiot or a lazy FUDder

You mean trustless user, ETH is already a validated database..

Listen Buddy, me and my buddies watched how you and your crew moved the price up and down on exchanges. The bidding price was 1154 sat range, and asking price was 1284 range, but you or members of your crew placed orders many times at 2220 range in attempt to pull up the price. We were laughing at the price manipulations. We are MBA students in one of the top universities in the UK. If the blockchain business is not regulated yet does not mean you will get away with crime. Fintech is our thing and we want efficient use of it and not lies. We have 16 firms in our list but Link was too absurd. If I were you I will be silenced to avoid drawing more attention to yourself.

Plasma has absolutely nothing to do with oracles. This person is trying to sound educated and instead sounds like they have fetal alcohol syndrome

>tfw your shitty pajeet larp fud thread turns into actual discussion

>he did nervously for the fifteenth time since the release

>What is Oraclize?

My father is the CEO of Nintendo and he will have you banned

Listen pal, I was lying so that silly biztards buy some link bags. Think of the hilarious threads after that

Yep....I certainly did.

Good job bringing out the real pajeets, OP.

Dumb mother fucker.

Oraclize = Centralized Oracles
ChainLink = Decentralized Oracles

Guess which one is better motherfucker?

A way to build systems off chain that make transactions on chain. Contracts can be READ from by oraclize but the contracts cannot request data from oracalize during a transaction or even a read.

If you actually think about how smart contracts and Ethereum works this will become immediately obvious since not every node may have access to their API, or the API may return different values at different times so nodes would calculate things differently. Its simply not possible.

Did we just turn a FUD thread into a Shill thread using technically sound information on why this thing is going to go right past the moon and enter orbit around Jupiter?

Maybe chainlink will be used anons.
I will agree I didnt research the coin properly.
Thanks for the discussion.

I will say that the amount of shilling it gets on biz makes me very suspicious.

Curious to see where it goes in the future.
Even if it is actually good tech, in this space it doesnt matter for the value of the coin.
Hype matters.

Thanks. One guy gets it. Logic will never bring you far in crypto. Marketing and Hype is what matters.

Yes.

Easy to beat the FUDers into the ground.

>mba student at top University in Engeland
>can't write english
>...

>the amount of shilling it gets on biz makes me very suspicious
>Hype matters.
Okay then.

Fuck this thread has actually provided sound arguments as to why I should buy. I assume there's going to be a ton of shilling pre-SIBOS so we can all take profits and be cumfy wumfy.

Is Veeky Forums actually smart money for once?

shilling on biz is not what i mean by hype bro
I thought that was self evident

I already said goodbye but you brought me back with your comment to say what we know that I didn't want to say before to avoid panic that will make people lose money.

I'm not new to crypto at all but I don't trade them because of dubious dealings. But I watch them with great interest and some are very efficient but many are not. Good luck

It depends entirely on what their team does in the coming months.

While everyone shits on them for being a 2 person dev team if you've ever worked as a programmer you'd know that is literally the ideal team size at their stage.

Once they have a working app and develop partnerships with banks that is the time to hire up.

If they can get some solid agreements with a couple institutions in a reasonable time frame and have no big snafus I can't think of a reason this won't reach XRP MCAP personally.

Whether XRP MCAP is reasonable is another matter entirely though.

See the thing about smart money is that you have to be smart enough to understand what it is you are investing in. Most of Veeky Forums has no fucking clue what an oracle is and no concept of how anything like Ethereum actually work. Most are here for those sweet gainz.

Shills to right of them,
Fuds to left of them,
Crypto in front of them
Worship'd & hype'd;
Fud'd at with fears and jeers,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of chain,
Into the wojack of Hell
Rode the Veeky Forumshundred.

Seriously both sides are screaming pretty hard, I don't know what to feel.

I'm still not understanding why this isn't already what's happening using Oraclize on Etherium (thru Orcalize proofs). Perhaps I am a brainlet.

Agreed on the two devs issue. People complaining about it aren't in IT and have no exposure to how actual coding gets done. You have two very smart people with fintech background working their asses off and bouncing ideas off each other. There is no marketing because they aren't marketing guys. Fuck marketing a working product will sell itself and there will be plenty of time to hire marketing later when this thing is trading around 20X. The marketing will take it to 100X or more.

In plain English, the goal of chainLink is make Solidity-like abilities for Ethereum?

That was just an explanation of why Oracalize is not an API provider to smart contracts. Neither Oracalize or ChainLink are that because it is not possible.

As another poster noted the biggest single distinction between Oracalize and Chainlink is that one is centralized and the other is a decentralized system based on tokens.

Centralized systems are unacceptable to banks and DAPP makers as they can go down or be compromised.

Solidity is a programming language for writing smart contracts on Ethereum so what you said makes no sense.

You've been extremely helpful. Is Etherium not already decentralized though?

Etherium isn't an oracle. A decentralized oracle is what chainlink does.

I can only handle such a high meme-to-thought ratio.

This is the worst fud thread for link to date. Shoulda got in on presale, you ain't taking my bags

oh yes

chainlink will enable very enabling applications for ethereum, oh yes indeed. Some say it will even enable things that some say it will.

this one time I got a noodle in my nostrils and I thought your post made sense for a split second but I was wrong

it is, but Vitalik stated that 3rd parties will build the best start ups off of his base layer. He isnt interested in oracles until he updates eth more

Ethereum is decentralized but as noted it can't do something like query a bank for data when executing a contract function.

Instead a bank would need their system to trigger a function call which may in turn make other function calls which all have a deterministic outcome based on function input.

An example use case for Chainlink might be something like a bank wanting to sell when X reaches price Y. Chainlink oracles would be responsible for tracking the price (through whatever means) and reporting on it, and when the programmed condition hits they would try to reach consensus. If consensus reached a node would trigger the contract.

Also this is fun answering questions. Being serious on Veeky Forums is weird.

Right, and why should he be? Foundations are important. Not to be a shill, but I'm personally for ARKVM combined with their DPoS. Its got a nice directon.

To be a little pedantic about it, on-chain oracles are a possibility, but for a limited subset of use cases and with the caveat of requiring significant time to reach consensus.

Also no one has ever made one. Augur is trying to currently and other companies have tried and given up saying they will use the oracles provided by other companies (So probably Chainlink and Augur)