United Nations

I want to hate the UN because it seems like a cool and edgy opinion to have. Can somebody give me some examples of actual bad things they've done though? No memes please thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pP9B-2Ce6Nk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

probably raped some kiddos or something

Couldn't stop Rwanda genocide even though they were supposed to.

The next time I see something stupid on Veeky Forums, I'm going to be glad it wasn't as retarded this.

>bad things they've done

The peacekeeping operation in the Congo was a joke, and it's disgusting how the peacekeepers were treated after the incident. Also they're an expense without any returns.

Didn't do shit during the disintegration of Yugoslavia- all meaningful state action is performed either unilaterally or in close conjunction with another state who possesses similar interests.

I have a worthwhile video about mercenaries in the Congo if you guys are interested. It does get a little brutal, but it's watchable.
youtube.com/watch?v=pP9B-2Ce6Nk

Wasn't the disintegration of Yugoslavia kind of a good thing because it was a frankenstein monster of ethnic groups that didn't like each other anyways?

They had no support.

In theory, but the ideal would have been a peaceful split (like Czechoslovakia) rather than the bloodiest European conflict since World War II.

Czechoslovakia split peacefully because both the Czechs and Slovaks wanted out.

Serbs were autistic about Greater Serbia, and refused to let any part go without a massacre or 2.

A primary reasons for the creation of the United Nations was to ensure that another holocaust would never happen again.

Now let's list just a few genocides that have happened since the UN was created:

- Rwandan Genocide
- Camodian Genocide
- Bangladesh Genocide
- Srebrenica Genocide

Yea, the UN did NOTHING to stop these. The UN is stupid fucking globalist circle jerk waste of money.

So long story short it wasn't the UN's fault at all?

fpbp

>Can somebody give me some examples of actual bad things they've done though?
That requires them to actually do things.

No the purpose of the creation of the UN was at first a victor's club for WW2, and then as a way to prevent direct conflict between superpowers via the Security Council.

Everything else is ancillary.

The un is just a waste of time. It is no worse than any other government.

Didn't they stop teh war in Bosnia?

The UN is a puppet organization for UNESCO

>- Srebrenica Genocide
Wasn't a genocide but a massacre. Ad-hoc executions of people localized to a certain area and without a broad plan to get rid of the ethnic group in question as a people is not a genocide, at beast its ethnic cleansing of that particular area but not of the entire ethnic group. It also "only" cost a few thousand lives compared to other genocides you listed so its really not in the same bracket.

inb4 serbshit

You don't need to say kill are x people for it to be a genocide. See the Cambodian genocide

>Yea, the UN did NOTHING to stop these. The UN is stupid fucking globalist circle jerk waste of money.

The member states did nothing. In is powerless if it's key members conflict with each other.