en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tichit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

le /pol/ face

isolation then colonialism.

we have this thread everyday

reminder that the Congo Wars are the dankest conflict in recent history

whys that user

>he hasn't gotten his Congo cherry popped
but anyway there was a thread recently with some good readin on it. here's the link

Africans, maybe?

niggers

I'm so sorry Veeky Forums for posting this /pol/ baitery, but I just couldn't help myself.

its not poor. its poorly managed.

Lack of Neanderthal genes.

Basically Balkanization coupled with outside elements fueling the fire.

if left to their own devices africa would erupt in war with an eventual winner who could, with a singular focus, improve the continent.

This.
>Caucasoids = some Neanderthal genes = intelligent
>Asians = a lot of Neanderthal genes = more intelligent
>Negroids = no Neanderthal genes = well...you know
Neanderthals were the master race, but only some humans are blessed with their glorious genetic remnants.

t. Xiao

Holy fuck how many times do i have to post this

I cant be fucked to type so heres the super abridged version, can give more detail if people want.

So colonialsm was a double edged sword, on the one hand colonizers stole a lot of the countries wealth, on the other hand they brought technology.

However the main thing they did was keave africa with a bunch of borders that make exactly zero sense and infrastructure designed for the sole purpose of resource extraction.
So here goes
60s: most of africa is actually more wealthy than most of asia but the newly inde0endent governments basically have to biild nation states from scratch and contend with the cold war going on around them while they try to develop

70s: african countries take out loans ti fuel indusdrialisation, but then the arab oil embargo happens and the spike in energy prices makes all african industry unprofitable overnight

80s : african economies stagnate as asian economies are now indusdrializing fast and enegy prices remain high. They have to take out more loans

90: ironically the end of the cold war spells disaster for africa, both soviet and western aid disappear overnight, governments default on loans, the imf and world bank force states to implement austerity, this essentially causes complete breakdowns in state control of vast swathes of africa and resultant civil wars, fuelled by cheap arms imported from the former eastern bloc

2000s: the west gets its shit together and forgives a lot of the african debt, stops trying to force austerity on them and assissts with civil wars

2010s: huge amounts if chinese money start arriving causing the continent to actually begin to improve for the first time in decades

I know its fun to meme about race and colonialism but actually learning can be fun too

good post

also important to keep in mind that africa is diverse across space and time- it's dumb to refer to it as a monolithic disaster

Although food production is stagnating, the country holds a large amount of available arable land that is not utilised yet: While the DR Congo has enormous agricultural potential with an estimated 75-80 million hectares of arable land and climatic conditions favourable for farming, only 10 million hectares are used for cultivation and pasture land.

no horses

what about former colonies that aren't disasters? Vietnam, Indonesia, India, etc.

Relied on US giving them money and guns for slaves, when slavery stopped they stopped getting money and guns

India is a disaster.

Because it lacks diversity.

The most diverse African countries are the richest.

I can't talk for Vietnam but Indonesia and India are disasters. The only reason Indonesia is even remotely livable is due to Islam, ironically.

Those borders also created countries which beats having 1000 small tribes.

Now maybe if Africans were not tribalistic savages who can't stop killing each other

>borders that make exactly zero sense
I thought ethnic diversity was a strength.

The main thing is that their borders actually make sense historically and culturally, the postcolonial governments already had the whole nation state buisness down

Other than that they faced roughly the same set of problems in trying to develop and obviously coped with them better

Also asian countries are and were much more populated than african ones which is the reason they were poorer initially but translated into an advantage when indusdrializing

>implying no states existed in Africa before post-colonial age
lol

>it could be worse
Look however the hell you want to look at it most of the rest of the world borders are based on obvious linguistic, cultural, historican and geographic boundries and divisions, and this demonstrably helps with the formation of nation states. Africas are not and this obviously puts african countries at a disadvantage compared with the rest if the world, the question was why is africa so messed up, remember?

>killing each other = savages
So basically every culture ever is savages

You thought wrong dipshit

You missed my point retard. Many countries were formed through colonization.

Hell South Africa is one of them and it turned out great. But i guess you would perfer 100's of tiny tribes killing each other instead?

Rhodesia used to be wealthy too as was Angola

>south africa turned out great
You know smoking meth is bad for you rite?

i think you missed my point, which was that all of africa was not 1,000 tribes in constant warfare before the arrival of europeans

Compared to African colonies? lol no. I don't buy the race shit, but you must admit that Africa is the worst disaster. Hell the whole American continent is an ex colony, and I'd rather live in Bogota or Quito than anywhere in Africa.

to be fair, Bogota and Quito are both relatively safer than most of India and Vietnam, let alone africa
I could make a case of Venezuela being worse off than a few Subsaharian countries

It cam be if the colonial state didn't use it to fuck over people just like how taxation van be used as a way to force people into semi slavery.

>they were poorer initially

They weren't poorer.

The people that inhabit it

Lack of cognitive consciousness and community in those societies probably due to climate and isolation

Ideas came about around the mediterranian and then spread around the region. Sahara prevented shit from spreading south of that shit and then colonialism

It’ll dig itself out of its mess for the first time however in the 21st century because never before did it have access to knowledge and ideas like it does now. It was just too isolated and then colonists

Gonna have to cut up a lot of jungles. Also large cost of agriculture in those places and prices.

>as was Angola
Yeah it couldn't have possibly had anything to do with the 35 years of civil war kept going by the involvement of two superpowers, much of the Eastern Bloc, and its two most powerful neighbors directly invading at various points.

>on the other hand they brought technology.

That they have no access or ability to obtain on top of being barred from any modern institutions and finances.

There's a massive reason why Indians did so well in Kenya and Eastern Africa while blacks could no computer.

Capitalism

Imagine if you you has a large colony of people who basically are in a time bubble of stagnantion then suddenly...pop.

Now you are part of a massive global system (which you were completely cut off from previously), you have to compete with nations across the world who either are much better off then you or have way better bade of human capital. you are basically 50+ years behind and the magic and horror of modern economics and finance is revealed before your ignorant ass and you have to grapple with that shit alongside a bunch of other issues.

We all know the reason why...

Then colonialism again

This is where leftypol starts stuttering

Surely Aboriginal Australians and Melanesians would be smarter than Sub-Saharan Africans (many of which do have Neanderthal blood mind you)...right?

NEandertha;s are compelte idiots

It literally was, the presence of a few large kingdoms does not negate the many fractured tribes. Fuck off revisionist scum

After reading the Congo thread, I'm convinced it's far less of a disaster than people seem to think.

You know hose maps are total memes. IT TELLS NOTHING ABOUT THEIR RELATIONSHIPS WITH EACH OTHER FAGGOT

I mean it's got some serious problems, but it seems like whenever actual money is coming in the countries do relatively fine.

>but it seems like whenever actual money is coming in the countries do relatively fine.

Who knew investment helps with growth?

Tsetse fly, resource curse, malthusian trap, lack of legalism and unifying forces, relative isolation, low literacy, and post-colonial disasters including gigantic wars that ruined basically the whole continent but no one talks about because who gives a shit, it's just Africa.

>malthusian trap,

They have the food supply but not the transportation or storage but it's improving.

Because of the J'ba Fofi

Yes, but I don't think it's improving fast enough. The next few decades will be telling. There has been a population explosion and in 20 years or so these children will be adults, who are able to do things like riot, rebel, and have children of their own. The tipping point, if it will ever come, is on its way.

It had the most blacks in it

but it literally does negate your claim
we have no historical evidence that africa was (generally) 1,000 tribes in constant warfare before euro colonialism
we do have evidence for some large kingdoms like Mali, Ghana, Takrur, etc
we do have evidence for wealthy city states along the swahili coast that played a big role in the indian ocean trade
yes there were many tribal societies, but your statement is reuctionist and goes beyond the evidence of what we know about their interactions
why is it that the historically uninformed always take recourse to accusing the oppponent of revisionism when confronted with actual history?

good post
just realized i never see people bring up the issue of high disease environement affecting the development of pastoralism in these meme threads

Considering obesity is a growing problem id say many parts are getting better at food distribution.

That first one is the explanation I always see, but it's wrong - there are plenty of civilizations with highly developed architecture and agricultural technologies in harsh tropical environments, such as those in the Yucatan and - funnily enough - in Southeast Asia, which is often cited as a "difficult" region alongside Africa, which gave rise to the Khmer, Burmese, etc.

So "the environment sucked lel" isn't a solid answer. I'm not saying it's not a factor, but implying it's the only factor (as popularized by people like Jared Diamond) is disingenuous and requires you to willfully ignore the presence of complex tropical civilizations outside Africa.

Anons there's a lot of other factors that you fail to notice which are pretty fucking obvious.

Tropical environments vary heavily based on where they are in the world and their location.

Genetics and culture do play a role but as underlined before there are many other factors.

Such as?

I completely fail to see your point, are you saying the conizers didnt have access to technology? Or that the africans didnt? Because the first one is obviously wrong and the second one is just fucking obvious

Africa was not cut off from world trade my any means, the east african city states were huge players in indian ocean trade bringing goods from inland kingdoms and trading with the middle east india indonesia and even china

West africa actually traded with europe and the middle east loads, where do you think all the fucking slaves in the new world came from

Ironocally it was actually europe that was the most isolated from world trade, excepting the americas that basically never traded with the rest of the world before being colonised

#rekt

this brings me to the point that the Kikuyus continually BTFOd the arabs whenever they came inland from Mombasa when Mombasa was an arab trading port

2nd one. Bringing in the tech that you bar natives from using or privately owning has a massive negative effect on development.

Ahhh i see, well on the one hand yes bringing in technology from elsewhere is a great way to prevent people from developing it locally but ultimately europeans did bring stuff like modern medicine and railways to africa, the way that they brought might not have been the best, it might actually have been pretty terrible, but the fact remains that they brought it

>Africa was not cut off from world trade my any means, the east african city states were huge players in indian ocean trade bringing goods from inland kingdoms and trading with the middle east india indonesia and even china

That post you replied to is about colonial Africa and the independence period

Oh i see, reading it again i realize its basically completely correct

This ^

I think Guns, Germs & Steel stuff attempts to explain why before analyzing what.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_city#Sub-Saharan_Africa
>One of the oldest sites documented thus far, Jenné-Jeno in what is today Mali, has been dated to the third century BC
If you accept this then the Mediterranean had a 3000 years head start over subsaharan Africa. Much of subsaharan Africa's backwardness makes a lot of sense with that and there is not a lot of need for other explanatory factors.

blacks live there

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tichit ?

>Holy fuck how many times do i have to post
don't stop plz
ihaveascended.mp4

>hurr guns

That has an easy solution. Mix them up.

T.Lin Xiao

Based thread. I saved the main screencap.

Here's the main greentext condensed into a single post

And here's the paratrooper greentext referenced in the post

Africa YES

A lot of people here see it as "throwing money at the problem" and saying it never works

Not when the different ethnicities are led and represented by Ethnic Racists and demagogues.

There's a massive disparity in the railroads (and railroad engineering) in Africa compared to the ones in India that still exists to this day. Same could be applied to Healthcare and education.

isolation
lack of trade besides slaves
very low literacy historically even among more developed kingdoms
only contender for early westernization was isolated by islam entirely
tsetse's over half the continent
no real need for advancement due to climate
made up nations and peoples after colonialism
dependancy on foreign aid for even food
constant civil wars and infighting

None of your points are valid.

>le 56% face
dumb fucking burger

t. neil diamond

Gg&s is notorious pseduoscience hackery

Ethiopia was united for one thing, and for another thing, this image also has a really odd idea of what an ethnic group is.

lol you're so fucking retarded what
you claim his points are invalid but put zero effort into explaining why

t.nigger

Source on that image?

It's more valid than IQ though.

Lack of natural obstacles for early man to overcome. Also something to do with Omega 3.

niggers