/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

JUST edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

this week's earnings for your degenerate gambling pleasure

Who here amd

nmm, swn, tnp, long term holds:)

Last chance to get on the MU train to $40

Don't buy if you enjoy being poor

Our friend Mr. VIX is back in the 9's. Usually this means a spike is imminent, but Trump is going to talk tax cuts today so I see no reason why this shit is going to spike. I'm staying short until we get some more saber rattling. Could take a week or two, volatility is going to spike again, but I reiterate my point it could take a week or two. It might be smart to just hold cash through the weekend though. If a spike does occur you can make a decision Monday which direction you want to go at that time while protecting your capital in case shit hits the fan.

might be if it dips some more. I think their earnings report will be tasty. BTW for all GNCA holders and those watching, big conference at 10:20

Did it actually drop 70% of value?

Lol google it real quick. Not being a dick, I'm serious, take a look. It was fucking brutal. Tickets to the moon have never been so cheap

Why is it going to the moon?

GEN 3 has not been trashed. Yah its risky, its fucking pharma, but its a solid drug. They don't have the cash flow to distribute drug on their own so the 12-20 dollar projection is shot, but if they partner its going 5+ if not up to 10

and if you like playing long, they already have GEN-009 in the works, and if they get the cash from a partnership they can pursue it full force. Plus rumors of a buyout. I will do laps around my neighborhood if a buyout goes down

I know it's a newfag question, but how does a buy out effect stock? Wouldn't it go down to 0 since the company no longer exists?

ALL IN VERITONE!! Been saying it since it was 18 dollars at the beginning of this month!

Tfw only had $100 in MU last night. If I'd taken my money out of SIRI I would be up so much more reeeeeee. I'm trying to make my money back on SIRI before I sell though

Currently holding 1500 shares of GNCA with an average price of $1.58

I have buy orders in for 1k shares @ $1.25 and $1.00, I wonder what it's gonna do today.

nah senpai. Remember a share is a part of the company. Lets say a company has 10 shares each at a 1 dollar. Company B wants to buy said company. They offer 2 dollars for the 10 shares as opposed to one so everyone says "fuck loyalty give me that money" and therefor they own all 10 shares (or at least a majority) and therefor own the company.

nah senpai, that shit was an oversell. Normally news like that would drop pharma stock 30-40 percent. 70? They just killed the short float and shook retailers. Might drop some through the week, but its a good bet overall

>tfw put in a limit buy of 5k shares of ITUS at 4.21 and robincuck didnt fill.

im done.

Anybody else going to try to grab something off this ITUS shit?

Be a bro and buy more to help push the price up

Can still get to 40

im in it. wanted a better entry but i think its going to go up after lunch.

If you have that much money, why are you using Robinhood?

If I somehow break even with SIRI, I will.

If you didn't jump on lpx after the hurricanes bool'd the gulf your a fucking cuck

i said id stop using RH once i obtained day trader status (25k)

>0.65%
Will gains-lets ever learn

so trump tax plan is finally moving forward

what is the best stock to take advantage of corporate tax cuts

X?

Is this worth following? Are they usually good predictions ?

Hey user want 100 dollars? "Nah its not 1000". Autism

no
its just useful as a calendar

I'm trying to get in @4.61 where are you?

$TOPS right now, but unironically $TOPS

Haha implying that shit will pass hahaha faggot

UVXY my nigga

Who here GNCA? Will it make it to $2 this week?

not today dynashill

Go to r/investing if you want that lil 5% a year return

We go big or go home here

Gl getting gassed

also sold out of veri too soon. had a sub 60 entry tho so no complaints.

Anyone hear what happened with NAK? I thought there was news of a coming buyout but I haven't heard shit.

This, be careful, I've gotta feeling bulls on the indices are just waiting to pounce on anything Trump says. They want prices to drop. This will send mixed signals to UVXY.

what

Does anybody else ever buy penny stocks here and there with left over buying power?

I've been buying CHFS i think its getting ready to blow

tfw bought TSLA ATH

will it ever recover bros

why is GILEAD so undervalued?

Jews

QBAK

I dont get it

"GL getting gassed" because I dont think long UVXY is the right move today?

what is wrong with you dude

fucking /pol/posters
their minds are really broken from years of immersing themselves in that shit
feel bad for you buddy

Jew detected

you no pimple plz go.

Although this stock might be decent.

My fuggin dude

I’m all in LOGI right now, v. boring.

Don't buy UVXY it is mega scammer

Out @4.94 not a bad start to the day.

Think I am bailing on NOG.

Has the day of the rope come at last?

UVXY run by Pradeep scammed

MU my nigga MU

we hittin $40 end of day

You still have a chance to get in goys

not at all. gonna stay tho, have a good feeling its gonna blow up more after lunch.

Do not buy UVXY only buy XIV and SVXY very good invest sirs!!!

can you do this on stocktwits instead

Do not hav stocktwats my good sir!!

what will you do if kimmy or trumpy do a thing and it drops $30 in 2 minutes

Markets only go up sir!!!

$DRYS

Excellent time to get in and take a long position, fundamentals are strong,

Dont miss out!

I prefer secular investments.

(no I'm not gonna stop making these "jokes").

Anyone know what's going on at GNCA's conference? It started almost half an hour ago and their stock doesn't seem to really be going one way or the other.

Friday user.

Hit my limit sell at 1.35 so idgaf anymore.

GNCA is gona make me rich

Is it too late to hop on the VERI train? This shit just keeps going up but there could be a big dip soon maybe?

Keep dreaming boyo, jump on the NAK rocket f you want to go to the moon.

An almost sheer drop in the dow, little to no resistance to selling pressure. This is why I'm a little suspicious. I don't think this is some flash crash.

I'm going to try to get back on the bus @4.55

oit at 5.2 back in again at 4.3. This stock keeps on giving lol

Just sold the GNCA I bought yesterday for a 10% profit. Obviously there were special circumstances so this can't happen every day but the rest of you virgins can only dream of daily profits above 1%, so I'll take it. Stay poor.

I'll get back to you all with my next play, but I don't know why I bother. You're all betas who deserve to be poor.

I made a whole dollar today

how bout dat PRTO

Bought GNCA and it immediately dropped 3%.

Just bought 100k

I missed the bus D:

Post your year to date gains

Otherwise you're just a beta virgin roleplaying his fantasy on a vietnamese finger painting forum

its holding pretty steady through lunch too. Might be one more good entry point after 1pm.

Wish i bought more both times lol.

I know this feel...

if NAK doesnt get buyout or partnership news in coming days its gona drop

holy fuck veritone crashing. gonna be a great rebound play.

Not just drop, NAK will fall off a fucking cliff if the partnership fails

The grave will be the only stop loss

Bought CMG at 323 with the intention of going long, immediately drops a few % then today falling off a cliff for reasons unknown to me.

Hard to avoid making a kneejerk reaction.

My long position isnt based on anything intelligent anyway other than where they used to be and a beleif the fall is entirely based on the e coli stuff and the business will rebound in time.

There's no point to this post, I just wanted to vent while I watch my entire savings evaporate.

good job on the UVXY call though, you deserve credit for that

>GNCA

HAHA

Welp, the market just answered my question for me, because none of you fucks know whats going on lol

I told you guys On its way to OTC in a year :^)

At least I didn't buy VERI as well.

That's why the smart money, like me, trades on what you virgin lemmings do rather than on the value of the company.

yeah bro you bought at the top of weekly chart...I see no cliff

put in a gtc limit sell well above your buy in, then shut your computer off

If it continues to dip and you panic sell, you will kick yourself in a few weeks when it pops

Dont go in so big next time if you are long, its ok to spend 10$ on a smaller trade than to go in too soon and lose real $$

Chipotle isnt going anywhere

Tempted to just cash out everything and toss it all in BRKB so I can stop watching these charts all day and do something productive for once.

Of course the market will plummet the instant I do that.

Might be now, made some gains! I'm out now. It might crash

If you're long a stock, you should be ecstatic when it dips....if you are dismayed then you did something wrong.

>VERI

I like how a single tweet can crash a stock.