gnosis.org/library/praisejesus.htm
gnosis.org/library/livgosp.htm
gnosis.org/library/praisegreater.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cao'an
sites.fas.harvard.edu/~iranian/Manicheism/Manicheism_II_Texts.pdf
science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2016/07/13/science.aaf7943.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4904778/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd like to have a look at their scriptures, I'm a convinced gnostic.

A historical Mani actually existed unlike Jesus.

Jesus didn't exist because the early epistles and Paul treat him as a celestial being that people know through divine revelation, and the Gospels were altered a lot in the beginning by early Christian rival sects to give the impression of Jesus being a historical figure (ie "Euhemerism").

Tacitus, Jospehus, and Tallus are not reliable evidence too for obvious reasons.

Also, there are way too many parallels to the death and resurrection savior gods to take the Jesus myth seriously.

Humorously, Mani didn't believe in a historical Jesus either. Regardless, Mani's life story is far more interesting than Jesus, and it has the addition of actually being true.

Jesus almost certainly existed because of the amount of embarrassing contradictory assertions in the Gospels.

Jesus didn't exist.

youtube.com/watch?v=WUYRoYl7i6U

youtube.com/watch?v=LTllC7TbM8M

The contradictory assertions are due to alterations by early Christian rival sects.

>The contradictory assertions are due to
Due to the confrontations of gnostics vs demiurge worshippers.

A lot of Gnostics were docetists and didn't believe in a historical Jesus either. They believed Jesus was a "celestial spirit", as I explained.

It's actually not very important wether Jesus was myth, spirit or real person, the persona of Jesus is irrelevant for salvation. Only for demiurge worshippers, whom must believe in his death and resurrection, is this important.

We're in a history board.

&humanities :^)

>muh gee boos existed
Doesn't matter. Still a kike.

Richard Carrier was paid to write that book by fedoras. It's also pretty obvious he knows it's kind of bullshit if you watch any discussion/debate between him and an actual biblical scholar; he always backpedals hard on his assertions and ends up claiming something like "I'm not saying Jesus definitely didn't exist, I'm just saying you can make the argument."

His arguments are solid and obvious to anyone who wasn't raised by pathetic Christcucks or surrounded by them. He gave good arguments on how you can't rely on Tacitus, Jospehus, and Tallus for Jesus' existence. Jesus didn't exist for the reasons given here:

It's all about "muh Jesus"

>Come, my Savior Jesus, do not forsake me.
>Jesus, thee have I loved, I have given my soul
>. . . . . . armor (?);
>I have not given it rather to the foul (?) lusts
>of the, world. Jesus, do not forsake me.
>Lo, the glorious armor wherein thou hast girded thy
>. . . holy commandment, I have put it upon my Iimbs,
>I have fought against my enemies. Jesus, do not forsake me.
gnosis.org/library/psaj1.htm

That's not what Manichaeism is about. Jesus is actually not central to Manichaeism. I talk about Manichaean beliefs here:

desuarchive.org/his/thread/3215053/

>desuarchive.org/his/thread/3215053/
>the Elect basically live relaxed lives. meditating, belching, and eating watermelon

That's very specific.

Jew bus was a kike.

>That's not what Manichaeism is about
Except it is
These texts are actual Manichean hymns

>Praise of Jesus the Life-giver
>Hymn ascribed to Mani.
... all in one mind.
And we would stretch out our hands in invocation.
And we would lift up our eyes to your beautiful figure,
And we would open our mouths to call upon you,
And we would prepare our tongues to praise you;
We would call upon you, Jesus the Splendor, the New Dispensation.
You, even you are the just God, the noble physician,
The dearest son, the most blessed soul.
gnosis.org/library/praisejesus.htm

>The Opening Words of the Living Gospel
>A fragment of a writing ascribed to Mani, in Sogdian and Persian.
The most Beloved Son, the Savior Jesus, the head of all these gifts,
Who is a refuge for the holy and a blessing for the wise, is exalted.
May he be praised!
gnosis.org/library/livgosp.htm

>Praise of the Great Ones
>Hymn ascribed to Mani.
Praised, living, vigilant and immortal are you, oh beautiful form,
Lord Jesus the Splendor, best loved of all the kings of Light,
Ruler, Messiah!
gnosis.org/library/praisegreater.htm

Mani didn't even believe in a physical Jesus.

Manichaeism had more influence from Buddhism and Zoroastrianism. Unlike you, I've read more Manichaeist texts and so forth. I didn't just google for few scriptures here and there.

I can't fucking believe so few texts survived from a religion practiced across half the ecumene.

How historical is the idea about the Manicheans -> Paulicians -> Bogomils -> Cathars succession chain?
Did each one actually influenced the next, or is it just Christian authors assuming all dualists are the same, exactly like Augustine described them?

In Iranshahr/Sassanian Empire, Shapur I tolerated Mani's proselytizing and missionary activities. However, the Shah after him, Bahram I, at the behest of the Zoroastrian magus Kartir Hangirpe, decided to massacre all Manichaeans. Kartir Hangirpe was a bit of an extremist who sought to keep Zoroastrianism the predominant state religion, and Bahram I followed his advice, also ordering the execution of Mani.

In China, where Manichaeism had spread greatly for some time, during the Great Anti-Buddhist persecutions in China, Manichaean missionaries were purged in order to maintain the predominance of Daoism and Confucianism. This was done because Daoism and Confucianism were seen as having a more overt Chinese character. However, the Cao'an temple has a statue of Mani with a very small group of followers who still revere him:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cao'an

>Manichaeism had more influence from Buddhism and Zoroastrianism
>Machinean texts are all about Jesus
>Mani's Gospel start with a praise to jesus
Pick one, brainlet

>Unlike you, I've read more Manichaeist texts and so forth
Nice try brainlet but i'm only one that actually posted Manichean texts

The Cathars worshipped memory of Manes (Mani), but I don't think they had any scripture coming from Mani.

You are very annoying. I've spent countless hours studying Manichaeism, and I am in the position to talk about it more. Mani was raised in a Baptist sect, but he rebelled against them and developed his own belief system. The "Disincarnate Spirit of Jesus" is very important to Mani, but he never accepted the belief of a historical, physical Jesus. Also, one can argue this is more of a device to convey Mani's more dualist teaching about The Father vs. The Prince of Darkness. Note, Mani even called Krishna and Zarathustra as prophets. Granted, it's important to note the way Mani interpreted Jesus is entirely different from what European Christians considered him to be. Check Pslam 223: A Bema Psalm or Richard Valantasis' Religions of Late Antiquity in Practice.

>I've spent countless hours studying Manichaeism,

So you wuz a great sage ?
>Check Pslam 223

I did it and again it's all about Jesus, no trace of Buddha nor Zoroaster
>Psalm CCXXIIII
>of the Manichaean Bema Psalms
Let us worship the Spirit of the Paraclete.
Let us bless our Lord Jesus who has sent us
the Spirit of Truth. He came and separated us from the Error
of the world, he brought us a mirror, we looked, we saw the Universe in it.

In several of his Psalms, he does worship Zoroaster in Shabuhragan and more.

Also, knuckle-head, I explained how he didn't believe in a PHYSICAL Jesus. If you read all of the psalms, fragments of Cologne Mani Codex, and more, closely, you'd see he never believed in a historical, physical Jesus. Jesus was a disincarnate spirit to Mani, which is called docetism.

Also, tell me, why are you even interested in my nation's goddamn history?

He does worship Zoroaster in Shabuhragan and more.

Also, knuckle-head, I explained how he didn't believe in a PHYSICAL Jesus. If you read all of the psalms, fragments of Cologne Mani Codex, and more, closely, you'd see he never believed in a historical, physical Jesus. Jesus was a disincarnate spirit to Mani, which is called docetism.

Also, tell me, why are you even interested in my nation's goddamn history?

"The Lord Zarathustra came to Persia, to King Hystaspes; he revealed the law that is still really established in
Persia.
The Lord Buddha, the wise, the fortunate: he came to the land of India and to the Kushans; he revealed the law
that is still really established in all of India and among the Kushans."

sites.fas.harvard.edu/~iranian/Manicheism/Manicheism_II_Texts.pdf

Mani worships Buddha and Zarathustra frequently in this text and others.

>Also, tell me, why are you even interested in my nation's goddamn history?

Parthia is in Turkmenistan not in (F)ersia

Go away, T*rk. However, if it does interest you, the Turkic Uyghur had a Manichaeist empire for a short-lived time.

However, Mani did indeed worship Zarathustra, Buddha, and his interpretation of Jesus. I referenced that here:

Also, Parthians were Iranians. Different people migrate from different areas. Is it okay if you stop saying (F)ersia, T*rk? I'm tired of this unnecessary conflict.

You are Persian-speaking Arabs, (F)ersian

Turks are the true Persians

No, not really. Here is a genomic comparison of modern day Iranians to a genetic sample from Teppe Hasanlu dating to Sassanian era before there were any Turks in that area.

science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2016/07/13/science.aaf7943.full

Also, why do you have to make every goddamn topic tangentially related to Persia about ethnicity?

Here are some vases dating to Sassanian era depicting Persians also.

>T*r(d) not realizing the difference between people who live there now and people who lived there 2000 years ago

I don't expect any different from a "people" who actually believe they're Central Asian.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4904778/
>whereas at K = 4 the genetic ancestry of the Turks was 38% European (95% CI, 35–42), 35% Middle Eastern (95% CI, 33–38), 18% South Asian (95% CI, 16–19), and 9% Central Asian (95% CI, 7–11)

Here is a mosaic from Bishapur of Sassanian nobles.