Alright Veeky Forums tell me

Alright Veeky Forums tell me,

why the fuck are there so many obelisks everywhere in the world. Like for fucks sake in nearly every land there is at least one obelisk

Is this because of muh art? Because of muh romanians or because of muh illuminati bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rZSiLHDR4QU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the eternal romanian strikes again

Because it's an easy strcuture to build, along with pyramids.

The whole world became Egyptaboos in the decades after the discovery of the Rosetta stone.

>my greatness towers over all and reaches the heavens

so no actual answer? If no then it´s probably what said.

I don't get it. What do gypsies have to do with obelisks?

He doesn't know...

youtube.com/watch?v=rZSiLHDR4QU

Homo sapiens does that since immemorial times. It's a primal building.

Since the beginning of time we ve been building penis monuments

Egyptian revivalism

there is a supreme court justice buried near here. His family plot is marked by a prominent, simple obelisk, with about twenty individual flat stones marking the individuals. His personal stone is quite humble, having a few bits chipped off already. You have to really go looking for it.

that was great! thank you

> aliens_guy.jpg

It's because obelisks generate +1 culture per turn, so every civilization builds them automatically in order to establish a border culturally.

A big stick is simple enough that anyone with the resources can build one, but spectacular enough that it's still impressive that you could.

yea but the 1 gpt can really fuck you over

*1 gpt cost

>charging maints on a literal pile of stones

The Romans decide to put a fuckload of them in Rome to show their victory over Egypt, and every western nation have tried to copy Rome, thus making a fuckload of obelisks.

Pretty much this. Also the Romans mimicked them which is why you would find them in Rome

that's because the Greeks and Romans were bigger Egyptaboos than most people like to think

Post ones near you

>charging money to visit literal piles of stones

10/10