Guys there's a malicious link going around, here it is but do not open it

Guys there's a malicious link going around, here it is but do not open it.

DO NOT OPEN IT

Just recognize it and remember it:

emotionaltrader (DOT) tumblr.com/what-happened-to-the-linkfags

DO NOT OPEN IT

It opens your etherdelta and robs from your wallet, which is supposed to be as secure as a real wallet.

Just lost 20k LINK.
I'm feeling sick. This was all I had.

Other urls found in this thread:

etherscan.io/token/0x949bEd886c739f1A3273629b3320db0C5024c719?a=0x4daa00c6944ef98cd7529121a0bbca353fd23d72
etherscan.io/address/0x4daa00c6944ef98cd7529121a0bbca353fd23d72#tokentxns
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

proof?

Post your address.

This cannot be happening.

I've been researching this project and posting many threads and posts with genuine info.

I was the OP for these threads for instance:
And now this is what I got.

I am heartbroken. christ

I'm not sure how to check for a withdrawal history.
Here's the thread where the link was posted.

DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK

I posted this in that thread:

You mean the etherdelta address that was hacked?

I found a section in etherdelta that says "my transactions"
Is any withdrawal supposed to show up here? Because it doesn't.
There's nothing in that section.

I can prove I sent 20k LINK to that etherdelta address from my MEW, if you want.

Yes.

0xE02Ad40faC82845A94618423386842E49ff0ea8f

I'm finished, aren't I?

wtf is an AMIS token?

etherscan.io/token/0x949bEd886c739f1A3273629b3320db0C5024c719?a=0x4daa00c6944ef98cd7529121a0bbca353fd23d72

He got a few others
etherscan.io/address/0x4daa00c6944ef98cd7529121a0bbca353fd23d72#tokentxns

This is where the tokens ended up: etherscan.io/address/0x4daa00c6944ef98cd7529121a0bbca353fd23d72#tokentxns

Looks like he got a few people. Including 6 billion dollars worth of AMIS tokens.

I'm fucking sick.

All I ever did was be constructive and inform people about what I researched.

WHY DID YOU KEEP YOUR TOKENS ON ETHERDELTA FFS? Sorry for your loss OP, but why wouldn't you just withdraw to your MEW? Holy fuck.

what a smart

the fuck is this for real? How the fuck does it open etherdelta if you're not logged in, or were you? And how the fuck does it withdraw it?

thank you for warning others
did it steal from your Etherdelta balance or from your associated wallet?

a lot of people keep etherdelta logged in, it just transferred the tokens to his wallet using the script. ez gains

I'd be in for setting up a discord finding this guy
Alternatively we could do it in this thread, but I think it might be against the rules

so if I'm not logged in any wallet I should be safe if I ever dun goof like OP right? This shit is 2 spoopy 4 me

It was supposed to be as secure as a wallet.
But now that I think of it, the LINK was in the "balance" section.

I think it took everything from the balance, but not from the actual account.
There's still some ETH dust in there.

Apparently the tokens don't fit in the Etherdelta "wallet".

Havent invested in link, how much in btc did you lose bro?

He'll make a mistake and we'll find him when he tries cashing out. I'm already betting on his first mistake.

It was pretty much exactly 4,000 dollars. 20k LINK at 0.2 cents.

Sorry man, but the site looks and functions like Pajeet cancer. You should have been very cautious.

wasn't finding where the tokens went his first mistake?
forgot to give condolences OP

lol you can't find him guys, just give it up. ahahahaha. you're all wealthly anyways from crypto

Damn homie user that's rough, if I hit jackpot with link, I'll donate some btc to you to get you back on your feet.

There's a sucker born everyday

very shit thing to have happened but as long as you don't let it put you off crypto altogether you'll bounce back before you know it m8, i'm sure of it

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this is a fresh exploit, link looked innocent and instantly redirected to a legit etherdelta URL but with a script injected in

not much OP could have done, never seen any sort of warning against keeping a balance on ED, obviously this will change now

I sold off my BTC and XMR for this user.

Lost a bunch in the January 5 crash, so I only invested 500 dollars.
I grew that a little, and threw all of it into the Chainlink ICO because I researched it and believed in it.

All I had otherwise was some TNT.

LITERALLY ALL MY ETHER, ETH TOKENS, AND EVEN UNRELATED COINS LIKE NEO ARE FUCKING GONE. AND MY BANK JUST CALLED AND SAID THERE HAVE BEEN SUSPICIOUS WITHDRAWALS OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

fuckin hell this exploit is genius and simple- nefarious as fuck though and will have me thinking twice about clicking links here.

Veeky Forums isn't a secret club anymore and there are faggots out to scam us.

This.

DON'T OPEN ANY LINKS BEFORE TESTING

This blew a fucking hole in my soul.

1. Buy Monero. (Hacker will convert when done)

2. Buy a hardware wallet if you have loads of money in crypto. NanoS is great.

Also prepare for more FUD from the media. My condolences to everybody who last a large sum of his wealth.

Is there a dev. dude that can explain how this works for a brainlet? I get that the link could redirect me anywhere but how the fuck do they auto transfer link from my etherdelta?

>never seen any sort of warning against keeping a balance on ED
I think you can only keep tokens in the balance.

So NEVER keep any tokens on etherdelta.

>etherdelta once proving itself to be shit at everything

Code injection. They have JavaScript commands in the url that you execute when you open the url.

Veeky Forums has never been a secret club. It's kinda an open house party that lets strangers in 24/7. We got some regulars but you can tell by how people talk (e.g. random shillers who appear to be into the crypto scene yet can't recognize any of the memes) that we're constantly getting newfriends here.

If you didn't want this to happen disable javascript

I'm not getting back up from this. This was simply too much money for me.

if you disable javascript etherdelta will stop from functioning.

how much did you lose?

damn.. I mean this rly fucking sucks for everyone who lost money with this but at the same time whoever did this is a clever fucker.

Damn OP I feel so sorry for you, you got more link stolen than my entire portfolio. Is it time to liquidate LINK until the fire settles?

one would think any modern browser would drop all urls with "script" on them.

So where should i keep my LINK?

SO did anyone try the address just cause fuck you? I'l curious, why would the OP give the full address?

yeah no, this is untraceable
only way to find this guy is to somehow hack into the transaction data, which is what cryptocurrency is heavily armed against...

I wonder who could be making this post!

why isn't this way more common? like why aren't thousands of scripts being listed every day? or why aren't thousands of hackers attempting to hack into thousands of reputable sites and upload malicious scripts every day?

4,000 dollars in LINK and one ETH in TNT.
Literally everything I had outside of my bare necessities.

Nothing wrong with LINK at all, just move your shit out of etherdelta.

MEW
Open the "ethplorer.io" somewhere to the right to view your tokens

The guy will convert it all to ether via etherdelta (chance to buy cheap) and then convert it to Monero to make untraceable.

Screencap this.

If I understand how this worked correctly it would only work if:

- You are keeping balances on ED
- You are using ED as a wallet (letting them manage your private key

NO ONE should be doing either of these things

I didn't have anything on ED. Am I safe?

Did it put a keylogger on? I don't get howt his works

Should I log on my ED? and transfer my stuff?

Does etherdelta not use a 2FA or passphrase system?

You manage your own private keys on ED.

want to know this aswel

the script looks for .pks (private key) and sends it to his website.

he does the rest. RIP to everyone who lost their shit.

If you don't have anything on ED what exactly are you planning on transferring?

Sorry, my meant should I log on My Ether Wallet and tranfser my stuff to a new wallet?

doesn't really take brains, it's more a case of it being insane that etherdelta wouldn't have that shit sanitized

i'm not a fucking begging man, but oh my god am i desperate right now

Did you use metamask or what?

Well you can trace the person who posted the link on Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums has his IP address so maybe you have a chance. Thought I don't think what he is doing is illegal so tough luck

no

I just checked it out in a VM. It's a javascript injection attack in the URL after it redirects from the fake tumblr URL. There is no keylogger from this exploit.

ok. I didn't have anything on ED and didn't associate anything to my MetaMask (dont know if that matters?)

So I'm bascially safe right

if i clicked the link, should I clear cookies and stuff? what do

Is etherdelta not open source? How the fuck does this shit happen.

What did you typically use to authorize transactions? If the answer is just ED then your private key is managed by them or stored in browser data, both of which are bad and should never be done.

send ur etherdelta stuff away and make new private key and account

i was just trying to withdraw my link to my mew, opened my mew and copied my address

and then i went to etherdelta and suddenly the 20000 just turned to 0

You just gotta love Java for that...
I could´ve be fucked if i weren´t lazy as fuck.

If you had nothing on ED, you should be fine.

Not necessary. The script only executes when the URL is loaded.

They only have their minified source on their github IIRC.

>lta stuff away and make new private key and

yeah already did that, even though i quickly closed the link even before anything could happen

it's a scam because some clever boy was able to execute JS when you click the link he sniff the pw and sends to some php server

to send a message to the hacker do this:
requestb.in/19nxov41?1= "insert your message here"

Javascript, not java. But this was a very amateur error on ED's part.

You know Veeky Forums is usually filled with autism and cancer, but sometimes you guys are alright.

is there a whale here who would like to save a life?

Please die of an horrible death.

>what-happened-to-the-linkfags
LINKies absolutely demolished hahahaha

I tried. I posted a bunch of threads and posts with legit info about LINK. I think I swayed a lot of minds.

I posted these, and they got linked a bunch of times:
(You) (Cross-thread)
(You) (Cross-thread)

I'm pretty sure I helped a lot of people make money on LINK.

how a company moving millions has an xss vulnerability

these are the retards you are making rich, Veeky Forums

>If the answer is just ED then your private key is managed by them or stored in browser data, both of which are bad and should never be done.
so wat do? please help poor brainlets out, we need to make crypto theft prevention generals for this shit now

wtf is that?

someone read the script and find out where it's sending the private keys to

Am I safe if I clear all cache, passwords, cookies, everything stored in my browser then click on that link?

Anyone that has clicked the link should at this point remove any association with your private key and your coins. The script injection searches for your private key(s) and forwards them to the attacker. At this point he can technically continue to steal coins as long as you're still using the same private key.

only the etherdelta one though, right?

Rotate metamask keys. Don't keep anything of value on any web-connected exchange or interface, period.

It is going to some server he owns.

Rotate metamask keys.

Jokes on the scammer, those tokens are worthless hahahaha

Any private keys saved on Etherdelta are compromised.

HOLY SHIT! my shit just got hacked too! All my shit went to that same fuking ED address

Nothing else though, right?