My son is really interested in cryptocurrencies and watched me buying and selling them lots of times...

My son is really interested in cryptocurrencies and watched me buying and selling them lots of times. He's 12 y/o and asked me if I could make an account for him with 50 bucks to trade with.
What do you think Veeky Forums, should I let him trade and see if he makes me millions?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/8VyWZFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The little shit is gonna buy Paragon coin because the logo looks cool

>Buy 250 link
>wait
>Link is now 100

Its that easy - maybe your retard son can do it

only if he's acoustic

He learns how to play the guitar
But it's an electric one

Acoustic can be more than music.

Is he beaten at school?

teach him fundamentals first. I'm pretty sure he could outperform half of the biztards easily if you give him some basic knowledge.

No. Teach him in finance and trading instead.
Giving him money to “trade“ will only end up in a gambling addiction in a few years. Seriously man.

This. Supervise him at first, make it a Dad - Son thing. You never know where an interest like this may lead him in the future.

YESS motherfucker. Imagine that if he sticks to trading by the time he's 20 he's gonna have 8 years of experience. You're setting him up to become a millionaire

Gonna take that advise. A Dad - Son thing would actually be pretty neat, because we barely do something together. But i'm not giving him the account with 50 bucks directly. Teaching him in finance and trading is a good idea. I'll see where this is going to.

let's be honest, any of us would've loved that kind of opportunity when we were 12

I'd say teach him a bit and do it

>teaching your son that day trading (gambling) on shitcoins is ok

don't teach him only finance and trading.
I'll reveal my trick here: I have some experience in the startup scene. The way I judge cryptos is the same way an investor would judge a startup before he invests in it. I know all the shit I have to look at so it comes easy for me. Might be harder for someone else, but it's not rocket science either.

It's true I didn't make x50 or x100 gains because my strategy involves lower risk but if you do this for a long time, eventually you have spare money that you can invest in higher risk / higher reward coins.

I grew up without a Dad, and even though my Mum gave the world for me, I never had the experience of being involved in some cool project/adventure with my Dad.

Do it. If not for the crypto gains, if not to teach him trading, do it so he has the experience of being involved with his Dad. Trust me, it means the world.

Teach him about basic stuff such as:
- not going all in, spread it
- doing research before making trades
- being humble about it, instead of bragging to his friends about how much gains he's made
- let him work for the 50 bucks, let him do some chores, so he will learn that you'll have to put in work to make money
- supervise his transactions/trades
- saving money
- reinvesting money
- not spending money on shit he barely needs
- basic economics
- setting small and big goals

thats what warren buffet did, invest at age 12. Give me address I want to invest in him

Teach him, but when you give him the money it is his! Respect that. Or else make a deal about how its going down.

Do it user, but also tell him that u'll be taking a 40% tax on his profits. Then hell be prepared for the cruelty of the real world! kids are quick learners, teach him the basics and show him the sites where he can continue learning. Def not /biz

the sooner he learns the truth about keynesian economics the more successful he'll be

> Tfw little Billy from down the block starts telling your his top crypto picks of the week when you're out at the supermarket.

You're in a bubble user

These answers.
I’m a dad too, although they’re too young. At 12? of course you should! For the dad-son bonding and for him to develop his decision making skills and his confidence. He’ll probably lose it all, but so what, this is cheaper than a day in Disneyland and he’s in for a wild ride.

Who gives a shot about later on. Kid might make some killer crypto trades an get you a Lambo

my 3 year old son watches the charts with me. He likes stating the obvious though.
If he gets into it later I have an account set up for him on an exchange with 0.1 BTC waiting.

This. The younger he gets into it the sooner he'll be better.

My 3 year old watches me browse the catalog here and already notices when there's more "frogs" or more "monsters"

Shadilay

Honestly, if you stuck to a maxim of "If pink wojaks > pepes, buy. If pepes > wojaks, sell" you would probably do better than most who call themselves day traders.

Of course. Though, he will lose it all, then lose more and more.
But imagine what will become of him in 2 years. If he will lose 600$, he will gain some skills anyway. And it's the worst case scenario.

If he were smart he’d be trading on his own by now, not even joking. Unless you’re holding him back with your helicopter parenting. Let him do whatever the fuck he wants.

Might as well throw the $50 in the garbage bin.

Yeah user! Let him make his own mistakes and learn from them

>makes me millions

You would really give your son $50 to trade and take anything in return?

You're legitimately a terrible father.

He's the one paying for it retard. Let a 12 year old do whatever the fuck he wants. Aren't you a little edgelord spastic, eh. OP is enquiring about pitfalls

You're either a troll or retarded. And it would be better to be a retard as it doesn't get much more pathetic than Veeky Forums troll.

Tell him to participate in some pumps and trade with those profits. discord.gg/8VyWZFU

of course you should its awesome he showed interest at that age. you should take him out of school and make him trade crypto 20 hrs a day until he is a master trader

write a program that lets him trade and when he makes money give him real money

Not on the same computer you use unless youre a moron. Buy a shitty chromebook or thinkpad, teach him about how easy it is to have crypto stolen. Teach him how important it is to have his private keys locked down. Make sure none of his login credentials match yours in any way and then yes, let him try it. At most it will cost you $200 for bonding time with your most important investment. Honestly, if you don't do it for him you're sort of a shitty father.

Don't give him any real money. Help him trade paper cryptos on BitMex Testnet or the Whaleclub before anything. Also tell him to stay the fuck away from margins.

Dont you mean your wifes son/

this tbqwyf (to be quite honest with you, family)

Wow, thanks user.
0x10087244778bC34FC25f3533C57BDbeff9ACDaC1

If you let him do that there is two options:
-A: Soon enough he finds out about Veeky Forums, which is fine because he will make good money. But he will start to click away and will find out about /pol/, /gif/ and /b/. In that case your son will end up as a furfag nazi fingering his asshole on chatroulette.

-B: He starts trading and finds out about reddit and r/ethtrader. He becomes a HOLDfag and only swears by Money Skeleton and Ethereum. He will make ok money, nothing crazy but he will become homosexual and resent white people. He will forever be a redditfag.

Its up to you now, what kind of future do you want for your son?

Feels man, I'm in the same boat. Do it OP, seriously, growing up being envious of others' memories with their dad is a unique kind of pain

Yeah definitely do that. My mom gave me $500 in a tdameritrade account when I was 14 and I ended up majoring in Finance.

>unless its a biztard teaching him