Japan has outdone China in every way since 700 AD, why are they not respected more by Veeky Forumstorians?

Japan has outdone China in every way since 700 AD, why are they not respected more by Veeky Forumstorians?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/adelsteinjake/2017/11/06/memo-to-donald-trump-japanese-automakers-already-build-cars-in-the-u-s/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck off you weeb

because japanese history is boring as shit outside of the the sengoku era and the empire era(1860s-1945)

Has Japan ever done anything of note outside of getting nuked? No? Guess that you now know why nobody cares about that shithole.

Because Yankees are still butthurt over Pearl Harbor and won't admit they have a secret loli fetish

Japan only surpassed China as a result of the Meiji Restoration.

Hi /int/

Pretty nice accomplishments in terms of art/architecture etc...

In what ways did Japan surpass China from 700 AD to 1860 AD?

All inferior copies of Chinese art and architecture.

So what? Britain is the exact fucking same.

In terms of aesthetics, Japan seems to garner more favour from atleast the Sengoku Jidai.

Sengoku Japan doesn't hold a candle to Ming China at its peak.

>I can not see past my nationalistic agenda

>t. Bing Bong Lo Wang

Another chink thread

Edo era Japanese art, even though it might have its roots in Chinese art, is very singular and in no way a downgrade of it. Paintings in silk or the extremely refined woodblock prints are examples of it and have no real equivalent in Chinese art (I'm not saying they are superior but that they are very different and should not be judged inferior to something it can't be compared to)

Ming is meme, they deserved their fall.

I will never look upon this and think it looks good. I mean the dresses are nicely done I guess but everything else just looks dead. Where's the background? Why do they all look as if they have just gotten shitfaced? No depth at all, albeit that could make it more historically appealing I guess.

#respect from historians

Why are you weebs always living in your bubble? I think you post same shit in /int/ as well.

It sounds like you are either trying to find bad arguments (no background ? With only little knowledge of Katsushika Hokusai's works you know background is far from being a problem for him and the lack of it is most likely a stylistic choice) or just whining about purely subjective feelings you have while seeing this : I myself and I think many others would find this nowhere near dead-looking.

Japanese art evolved from Chinese art, it did not just copy it. Edo-era art is for a great part far from being a copy of Chinese standards, Japanese culture evolved in a specific way and so did the art. Ukiyo-e is nothing like Chinese art.

>hah! japanese nationalism clearly superior to someone holding up a dynasty that nobody, even the modern Chinese government, cares about

Stop being this much of a faggot.

No, it's by that white proxyfag from /int/.

>Chinese didn't know how to paint in silk

But that's wrong.

But user I never said Chinese did not paint on silk. I'm just saying Japanese silk paintings like the one I posted have no equivalent in Chinese art, meaning their style and composition are not comparable to those from China.

It's an /int/ shitposter, retard.

>I'm just saying subjectivity

Okay then. Just as long as you accept you never made a real claim.

Some of the Ming stuff is kinda tacky/gaudy, Nips on the other hand went pretty minimalist in some ways.

It's not subjective : Japanese style from the Edo era is not the same as Chinese style. They are different. Not comparable. No judgement or hierarchy there. And by trying to deny it you're only making you sound like a blind person or an idiot.

>hah! japanese nationalism clearly superior

I assume by your hostile nature that you responded quite seriously. Are you so petty that you have act indecent to others simply because of their subjective tastes? I have not once made any demeaning comments about Chinese art; Far from it.

>someone holding up a dynasty that nobody, even the modern Chinese government, cares about

Don’t kid yourself. The PRC cares a great deal about history. Well, enough to justify spending billions of yuan to support anarchronistic claim based on reactionary politics.

Japan technically birthed Veeky Forums.

>Brits
>respected by Veeky Forums

>Paintings in silk or the extremely refined woodblock prints are examples of it and have no real equivalent in Chinese art
How ignorant are you? Silk painting and woodblock prints were till widely used in China during the 18-19th century. For crying out loud the Forbidden Palace is filled with Silk tapestry.
But I do agree, Ukiyo-e is unique and there is no real equivalent in Chinese art.

>Japan has outdone China in every way since 700 AD
In what ways?

>Japan has outdone China in every way since 700 AD
do you have a single fact to back that up?

For the second time in this thread : I am fully aware that Chinese made silk paintings and I'm pretty sure they were the first to do it. When I'm citing silk paintings it is just to point out a precise kind of art that is different in term of style (and I illustrated it with a painting by Hokusai that has a singular ukiyo-e style, not found in china).
Same goes for the woodblock printing that was in the first place a technique imported from China and used for religious texts and images. But there again the Japanese mokuhanga developed singular techniques that made it unique, and the designs for the prints themselves drifted from religious to more mundane subjects in the ukiyo-e style for the most part.

Japan spent the first 1500 years of its existence as an island backwater

Japanese were hillbillies compared to China until recently.

Well it's said that if you want to see Tang dynasty architecture that survives to this day, you go to Japan and not China

Meta threads don't go here you worthless Nip.

Samefag?

Created state capitalism which was copy pasted by every other Asian state trying to industrialize

>Japan outshone high Tang China
Absolutely not, the Japanese had nothing comparable to the Tang or Song capitals. Japan never created a massive public works project like the grand canal.

> Stole their writing system from the chinese
> Got agriculture from the koreans
> Heian culture was bastardized chinese culture
> China is the interesting antitheses of europe
> Japan is what happens if psycopaths keep inbreeding on the same island

they are pretty compareable desu, edo japan had some amazing construction works

Nigger art is always subjective
>find bad arguments for not liking (subjective reasoning)
sounds like you're in dire need of an argument
It's a shit, argue that

The Japanese are the born masters of Asia, Chinese are the born slaves

>created state capitalism

Sorry but if you can't grasp the concept that is art history I suggest you go back to your shithole wherever the fuck that is.
I hope one day you'll understand that you tastes don't mean shit here because we're on a history board and by spewing your ignorant hate around you only manage to embarass yourself in the eyes of those who are really interested in history.

>knows nothing of asian history except for Meiji era

>Because history is factual, and I post on a history board, all posts I make must be factual?
Now that's a fucking phony philosophy you have there my man.
I don't like your drawings, I think they're oblique pieces of shit. If that isn't subjective, and I am not entitled to my subjective opinion, fucking neck yourself.

Veeky Forums is butthurt they are on a weeaboo site so go out of there way to prove they are not weeaboo by shitting on everything Japanese specifically and everything Asian generally.

The amount of white nationalists on the board does not help this

Okay so I'll put it again in other words so maybe you'll understand this time : your subjective and hateful comments do not bring anything to this thread but high levels of idiocy and you only make yourself sound like an angry kid who spits on anything he fails to understand or lacks interest for.

Why did you even respond to my post if you're going to start crying over a few 'bad words'
Art is subjective, deal with it.
Art styles are objective, but that's not what we were arguing. We were arguing about whether or not my discontentment for your preferred piece of art was valid or not. [Spoiler]And apparently that makes me the idiot. Good sport

Because they copied Tang shit.

Such as?

A lot of white nationalists are weebs.

How come chinks get so butthurt at japanese history? Every thread about Japan has a sino sperg whining about muh copies. Is it because people have a favorable bias towards Japan and see China as the backwards shithole? Funny how it used to be the opposite back in the day.

Bitch, try saying anything negative about Rome and people will shank you.

Kinda ironic considering Japan have done nothing for the huwhite race and infact even sabotaged the German War effor.

They like them because they are “honorary Aryans”.

the whole city of tokio? btw the yuan dynasty built bejing

It's the opposite though. It's always butthurt weebs who make threads about Japan not being respected or some stupid shit. Naturally it leads to people calling out OP for being a retard.

>japanese """""""art"""""""

Far from being anything close to Chang'an or Kaifeng
>Beijing
Destroyed by barbarians then rebuilt by Ming

We were talking about the Tang and Song, that has nothing to do with Beijing.

Are we browsing the same site?

>a single city
>comparable to massive engineering projects like the Grand Canal

>a single /int/ fag makes shitpost treads
>Chinks subconsciously replies with aggravated comments.

>Muh copy
>shithole of East Asia
>My subjective feelings are better then yours.

>weeb gets destroyed repeatedly
>b-but muh chinks!

japan will be revered in the future, check these dubs.

>the whole city of tokio
>a fucking city
so like every other civilization that has ever existed? Tokyo was nothing special in terms of cities until after the industrial revolution.

ROLL EM

Mizuki only brings happiness

>art is subjective
not this again
you're really implying that everyone who has ever claimed to understand art did so only to look cool, as one cannot do that

They're so respected that they're perceived as being TOO respected, and now anyone who acknowledges them is accused of being a weeb. Basically they're so great that it's become cliche to say so.

>boring as shit outside of the the sengoku era and the empire era(1860s-1945)

take that back, heian best period

Yes, Japan is overrated as fuck. SEA is more interesting.

LOL

Veeky Forumstorians don't respect ANY country.

Chinese art and architecture degenerated massively over time, Japanese art and architecture has been improving since the Jomon.

Fuck off, Jomon art was great and unique.

You need to go back.

"no"

"yes"

Japanese art and architecture was better before it turned into Chinese knockoffs. Just like how Chinese art and architecture was better before it turned into Japanese knockoffs.

Jomon art >>> Anime

That's true, I havent seen a country cuck better than japan
forbes.com/sites/adelsteinjake/2017/11/06/memo-to-donald-trump-japanese-automakers-already-build-cars-in-the-u-s/

Here you go again. Your personal taste doesn't match a style of art so you have to question its artistic nature. But user if your only argument is a close up of a face that might look weird to you (most likely because you're not used to an art style that differs from your narrow standards), you don't prove anything but that you still don't know shit about art history.

>Japanese history
>Genpei, Kenmu, Sengoku, Imjin, Meiji

Everyone ignores the Kofun period but you’d expect a country to get its shit together and actual fight against the Continents more then twice in its two millenia of history.

This website exist because of Japan.

>Disrespecting Edo
KISAMA

Japan exists because of China

The very first Asian country to defeat a Western power

Went from swords to industrialized superpower in the span of 50 years

Created the site you're on

Am I the only one who likes late edo

>The very first country to defeat the western power

Xiongnu? St*ppe Niggers?

>The very first Asian country to defeat a Western power
The Ming general Koxinga successfully ousted the Dutch from Taiwan in the 17th century.

Those don't count because of various reasons I'm too tired and unmotivated to list.
In summation Russo-Japanese war Russo-Japanese war Russo-Japanese war Russo-Japanese war Russo-Japanese war Russo-Japanese war

It is easy being right when you do not count the times you are wrong.

>moe cockroach