Given the fluctuation of its value, isn't absolutely retarded to use BTC or any other crypto to buy something IRL?

Given the fluctuation of its value, isn't absolutely retarded to use BTC or any other crypto to buy something IRL?

I mean, you could buy a coffee for $3 worth of some coin and then by the time you get home you realize that coffee is actually worth $6 before it's even cooled off, then you spill it on your carpet and when you look at the stain a year later you remember how you paid 0.0042 FAG coins for that coffee which are now valued at $300. Yeah, you paid $300 for that coffee and spilled it and since you didn't clean it up we can also safely assume you still have no gf.

So what is the goddamn point? And don't even give me some bullshit about inflation of national currencies you pseudointellectual dork.

Yeah pretty much.

Anyone who bought drugs with BTC knows this feel too well.

HOLD

BTC transaction fee is 10 dollars now
it's totally useless

And the point is to make money off a system that will destroy centralized banking fag

You can buy japanese sex toys on Otonajp with Bitcoins, I brought over $1k worth of them

Yeah, it's retarded to spend it right now, in the speculative bubble phase. The price is too volatile. Theoretically the bubble should pop at some point and it should collapse back to a mean price, but wouldn't a deflationary currency just rise again because of the capped supply?

This is basically asking "why would you spend money when you could invest it?". The $3 USD you spent on coffee could have been invested in a shitcoin that would moon, making you effectively spend $300 on coffee in opportunity cost.

tl;dr you're wasting a potentially huge amount of money any time you buy something that isn't an investment, regardless of what you pay with.

10usd for every 4200usd spent
I think that's better than any bank m8

10usd for every 10usd spent?
no thanks

I'm pretty sure it's more of a percentage than a fix rate, but you're free to prove me wrong

This. OP and everybody else in this thread is a dumb fuck. it is opportunity cost.

dumb fuckin neets

This will literally never happen lol. If you think banks, governments, tax agencies, and jews are ever going to go away in your lifetime then you are retarded.

This is why you need to use saltlending

Thats why crypto is never going mainstream.

unfortunately it's not
that's why exchanges set a minimum amount of deposit like 0.01 BTC
otherwise the deposit cannot even pay for the tx fee

I've thought exactly the same thing myself. No one ITT has put forward any decent arguments again OP's position

the point is you save up and stop consuming so much un-needed shit

that's the difference with an inflationary currency where you money is always worth less so you spend it as soon as you have it on your hand

Ops situation requires the market cap to fall by 50% in a few hours. When btc has a market of equivalent to dozens of trillions of usd that simply wouldn't happen, besides at that point where wkuld the money even run off to? BtC would have more confidence than fiat

yep. crypto does not replace fiat. it simply cuts extraneous bullshit that will streamline our economy

couldn't happen because you also need an inflationary exchange to regulate economies. they can exist in harmony one as a financial instrument by people with half a brain and the other for rudimentary spending