How do you avoid becoming misantrophic/nihilistic when you deal with evil people every day?

And pls don't meme me with things like "get a different job". Im not a prison guard or anything, but every day(even outside of work) I interact with people who clearly want to just exploit you for their own gain and have no regard for your well-being. Hateful speech, spreading rumors, financial scams, stealing from my business, lies, the list goes on.

Im an atheist currently, and I try to think of Christ's teachings whenever I have murderous thoughts but it isn't helping. Im just boiling with rage. If there are any philosophers or religious people here, I could your help.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AOJX-MoVWEM
youtube.com/watch?v=ntxMF2zqcoY
conspiracyofdoves.blogspot.com/2006/02/our-genes-might-be-selfish-but-we-dont.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wTFLC_81dM4&t=2773s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Im an atheist currently, and I try to think of Christ's teachings whenever I have murderous thoughts but it isn't helping. Im just boiling with rage. If there are any philosophers or religious people here, I could your help.

God is actually real. God is a misanthrope.

youtube.com/watch?v=AOJX-MoVWEM

Read some Machiavelli and do it back to them.

Replace your Christian plebbery with based Heraclitos and Taoist teachings so you will learn not to be bothered by anything ever.

What number?

Do art instead. Music or painting or whatever, just really dig in and obsess over it. You can communicate your feelings through the medium without being the town idiot ranting about the jews or the capitalists.

what makes you such a beacon of light in comparison to these morally corrupt beings? You run a business, you said. Now what service or good to supply that doesn't require you to charm or deceive your clients/customers into believing that they need your service/good. Do you charge far less than competitors or do you strive for profits? Why do you even run a business?

Ask yourself these questions and reflect on whether or not you're just as 'evil' as everyone else around you.

An unfortunate fact of life is that people are fundamentally self-interested, no matter what spooks they've built around this fact. If you put yourself in a position to be taken advantage of, you will be taken advantage of. The exception is when it is clearly in the other person's interest to deal fairly, usually due to your prior demonstration of both the benefit of working together and the cost of crossing you. If you take a look at game theory, you'll see that one of the single most successful strategies is one of the most basic: tit-for-tat, if you do right by me I do right by you, but if you do me wrong I do you wrong. First offer cooperation, and then offer exactly what was last offered to you - cooperation or cheating. Now life is a little more complex than that but the principle still holds: reputation matters, and if you have a reputation as a tough but fair businessman thanks to your prior dealings, you will be treated with respect.

Im competitive but that doesn't make me evil. I dont spread rumors about the other businesses, I am actually quite friendly with the other owners, there's no hate between us.
I dont deceive my customers, my father's philosophy has always been that if you offer top quality product AND with a friendly service, people will return and your shit will sell.

And btw i dont claim to be a beacon of light, Im obviously not perfect. But If i found a wallet on the street I would try and return it, however I believe more and more every day that literally no one would try and do the same for me.

Stop getting buttblasted about shit you can't change like most well adjusted adults do by the time they're 21.

Ill give examples just to illustrate my point a bit better. I live in an eastern european shithole, and there's a new scandal every month about tax money misteriously disappearing and politicians running a scam or shady offshore accounts. Regular people complain about corruption and jews yet they dodge taxes, pirate movies and hire workers off the record whenever they can. Our taxi drivers are notorious for scamming tourists.

My parents were leasing(i think thats the right word?) an apartment to this guy about a decade ago. He racked up a TWELVE month electrical bill before completely disappearing. First of all this guy is clearly a piece of shit but we still don't understand why the company would not shut off the power for that long. Still to this day we receive letters and we are worried that one day we will be forced to pay it and more. This is simply one of many MANY examples, if you own a business or businesses in eastern europe, people feel morally justified in stealing from you, whether it's not paying rent and trashing the place or stealing from the cashier, it happens all the time, on a regular basis. Everyone just casually breaks the law, scams/steals from the others, you can't trust ANYONE.

I feel like either leaving all this shit behind and moving or killing myself. Sorry for the rant, but I try to be a good person and I feel like it makes ZERO difference, I dont feel the effects of karma or anything, and it is driving me insane.

Eat healthy and make sport read good books from ethical people and try to find nice persons. It can be hard but if you have bad friends then leave them and find new ones, but before you become friends with others check if they are good persons. A smiling person is mostly the best choice, because smiling people are happy and happy people are mostly morally good, because the bad torture themselves and others. I wish you luck.

You just have to accept that not everyone is a good person user.
They will get what's getting to them in this or the other life.

>They will get what's getting to them in this or the other life.

Can you give a real-life example of something like this actually happening? I hear this a lot but I just don't see it.

>Can you give a real-life example of something like this actually happening? I hear this a lot but I just don't see it.

I can - but most people don't want to hear it:

youtube.com/watch?v=ntxMF2zqcoY

I was the same as you during my quasi-communist phase. I quit school and started working when I was like 16-17 but then around the time I reconnected with the Russian part of my family and was slowly molded into a cossack of the soul, is also when I rose to become more nationalistic. After my conversion to Eastern Orthodoxy I prayed in the morning, before bed, before and after work and if that wasn't enough everytime I experienced Divine Liturgy or even put foot in a authentic Orthodox Church I was overcome with joy and energy, I started to view these people that I hated as poor lost creatures, God's creation led astray by the dull, grey and corrupt soul of modern times. I no longer felt intense hatred but almost felt bad for them (Not saying it's right, but this might get you to feel better). Now when I felt spiritually better I did as many have said so far, eat good and work out. I started eating way more rice vegetables, rice and chicken with a lot of other things of course! Worked out when I found the time and quickly saw results which made me feel even better, I stopped drinking so much soda, energy drink and beer and only after drinking water for 99% of ONE month I already felt better. Cold showers in the morning, warm at night, eat right, get fit and strong.

A Cossack of the Soul is strong in both body and spirit my friend. Don't give up, weak men give up.

Communism makes people not trust anyone except from close relatives.

See. China, any East Yuropoor Count, China, and China.

Thanks user, I tried going to church and while it's a great experience and people are nice, I just cant get myself to believe in God.

That's alright, not everyone believe in God. Might be because a lot of the time people approach religion with questions and a mindset that simply does not want him to be real. God is nothing that you can "see on a paper", faith is something you feel. I hope you will find home one day and that you might even find the joy I experience today. Keep on trying to find a way to pull yourself up and hope hatred release it's grip of your heart.

Lexapro

Best way to do is to avoid personal and think impersonally.

I know, that's somewhat misanthropic, but it helps you protect your mental growth from ill wills of the world.

Pretty much this
Coming to terms with the world as it is is an important step in maturity

ah, a fellow Romanian in suffering.
Just move to the West, people aren't any less selfish or hypocritical but the state institutions run as they should and their high living standards make them less cunty so at least they smile at you in the street.

>. I live in an eastern european shithole, and there's a new scandal every month about tax money misteriously disappearing and politicians running a scam or shady offshore accounts. Regular people complain about corruption and jews yet they dodge taxes, pirate movies and hire workers off the record whenever they can. Our taxi drivers are notorious for scamming tourists.
It's just the third world user, just look for what you consider fine people and stick to them and try to not equate crass disregard to the rule of law (if theres even an effective enforced one standing in your country) with "evilness" so much, that particular hypocrisy will not go anywhere anytime soon
t. spic

Well letting happiness and love shine might be the way to counter it since evil forces try to smother it.
>But if thine eye be evil (bad), thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is the darkness!

Kill them all Johny, kill them all.

Haha Hungarian actually, but that just goes to show that Soviet bloc countries are all the same.
Ill give more examples about eastern european "morality"

1. My family owns a house at the lake that we visit for vacation during the summer. One time there was a 200 dollar bill(if you live in the West just adjust it to 600 or something) on the water. The water valve(which we shut off every year and there was no leak) is in the garden under a big bush, so that means it was either one of the neighbours who knew where it was, or someone who scanned our huge as fuck garden carefully specifically looking for it just to fucking STEAL WATER. Who the fuck steals water?
Oh, and they also love to steal the fruit off of our trees. Keep in mind this is a very quiet, crime-free area. Nothing violent ever happens.

2. My mom was hospitalized recently. We brought some food and snacks for her and put it in the public shared fridge that is set up for patients. Someone stole it all. Who the fuck steals food from hospital patients for fucks sake? Eastern eurofucks,thats who

3. Family was renting an apartment for years. Paid on time, no problems, eventually left. Left behind a 3 month internet bill, which we had to pay so the next renter could have internet. The place also looked like it hasn't been cleaned for years and we had to spend a week just cleaning a small commie apartment, it was the most disgusting shit Ive ever done in my life.

Just a few examples. My family dealt with this shit all our lives. If you own a business in eastern europe,even if its just a small cornerstore, people start treating you differently. I stopped telling new people I meet that I own a business because then they see you as the top 1%.and then it's somehow morally OK to steal from you. Its difficult, Im constantly watching my back because I expect to be backstabbed for money. Whether its friends, extended family or employees, they all do it. Crab mentality is widespread.

char limit and I wanted to add that Ive gone through a bit of a nationalistic phase lately but Im losing faith in my own countrymen. Im becoming bitter, hateful and convinced that we are not worth saving. We are somewhat poor and corrupt for a reason. Im sick and tired of smiling and shaking someone's hand only for them to steal from me the next week.
Its all just one big game with no morality involved.
My father told me that If an employee steals from the cashier I should just get used to it and think of it as another "bill" when counting my finances. I cannot do this but I secretly wonder if his approach is what makes the most sense, but in that case I cannot treat people as individual humans anymore.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” - Mr. Rogers

Seek out people who live by the principle of mutual benefit and work with them in whatever context is suitable, a "conspiracy of doves." conspiracyofdoves.blogspot.com/2006/02/our-genes-might-be-selfish-but-we-dont.html

Make cooperation socially infectious by living by it.

Lol, my bad neighbour, yeah it's like all our politicians are spawned from the same garbage pile.

Treat them as you would any other challenged posed by your environment, it makes no difference to you whether damage to your house is due to a hurriance or a random person with a sledgehammer, their evil will is an irrelevance. If reinforcing your house costs $5000 or convincing them of the errors of their ways costs $5000 the solution is almost the same also.

>Im just boiling with rage.

Meditation
Marijuana
magic mushrooms

I'm not joking about any of these. Don't abuse any of them, but soft drugs can be quite useful for rage issues or stress.

>If there are any philosophers or religious people here, I could your help.

Look into Stoicism.

Hate the sin, not the sinner. People are all the same at their core, you could be on the other side with just a tiny bit of bad luck.

>Marijuana
>magic mushrooms
DUDE

Ah yes, people are cunts, so is their god.
I'll explain OP.

We live in a situation akin to the matrix, where we are trapped in this reality by a dark power and its denizens.
The people of earth are as evil as this dark power, they hate you and do not hide it, even your mum secretly hates you.
They are very ignorant spiritually, which is how you became atheist, they want to make atheism appealing because you see, they know their enemy is some god, they just aren't pretty aware of which god. This is also why you see so many retards attacking christians with scripture, gotta fish for sins, man.
In any case, the map is something like this.
Heaven, whith a god of light.
Earth, ruled by dark powers, a dark god inclusive, whom wants to be worshipped and hides behind world religions.
Hell.
To escape, you must meditate until you find your true spiritual self, which will be revealed in your mind as an image of a person. Then you will experience God within.
People will be even more cuntish to you after this, though.
Don't love them, don't try to understand them, exploit them and play dumb, hit back when they hit and curse them, learn black magic and don't be a stranger to using it against those that plot against you.

>Have nothing you are not prepared to lose
Surely there must be exceptions to that otherwise it's saying that those afraid of death should kill themselves.

You don't have to be religious to meditate.

Here is the reasoning: you still care about them, that's why you still get angry. You still expect human level behaviour from them. So just fuck off to the other realm of consciousness so you are completely over it.

"Fairness? Decency? How can you expect fairness or decency on a planet of sleeping people?"

Get shrewder. Remember that the majority of people don't give a rat's fuck about anything outside themselves or morality,or twist it in such a way that they'll always look good and you'll be in the wrong matter what.

You're dealing with unconscious robots. Consider them as such internally. Externally, be pleasant, but shrewd, not naive.

If anger is too much, do meditation or the heart chakra exercise (type in Youtube Robert Anton Wilson Heart Chakra). I did it. It works.

>posts angry shite
>Laments about 'hateful speech'
Now 400lbs tumblrina we are not your therapist. Really euthanasia is your only option.
>'Murderous thoughts'
>Is Atheist but laments about "Christ's teaching's"
Now its clear you're a vacuous cunt but please do continue this blog post.

Carefull with that edge kiddo

By getting closer to God.

By "hateful speech" I mean stuff like deliberately going out of your way to throw angry insults at someone to start a fight or to just vent your frustrations. For example I saw a drunk blonde little twink get into a fight with an older black dude after calling him a "disgusting nigger". The black guy, despite being twice his size, broke off the fight and walked away from it while the aryan demigod kept screaming "GO HOME YOU FUCKING NIGGER" as he was being dragged away by his friend like a crazy homeless person. it was just sad. Anyway Its the least of my worries so I guess I shouldnt have mentioned it at all.

>murderous thoughts
It was an exaggeration. Do you have aspergers or something?
>vacuous cunt
What the fuck does that even mean?

I am shrewd but it gets tiresome. Im tired of watching my back and scanning people for lies all the time. Its a continous game I seem to be playing with everyone around me.I watch my words carefully because eastern europoors love using information against you. Friends, family,lovers,employees, they all fucked me over before for personal and monetary gain and I can no longer trust anyone.

I dont want to treat them as robots or as part of the environment, this is exactly what Im afraid of becoming. If i start dehumanizing people and treat them as NPCs where do you draw the line?

I forgot to add that I grew up and watched my parents get betrayed by quite literally everyone. Those they considered "friends" abandoned them when they were needed the most. Other friends and even fucking relatives attempted to scam them out of their money. It made them extremely paranoid and I guess it contributed to my cynicism. They actually dont have friends or a social life anymore.
Thanks anons Ill look into this. I dont have access to drugs though, most people I know are raging alcoholics and shy away from drugs.

Nelson Mandela said reading Marcus Aurelius meditations helped him keep his hope up while he was in prison.

>Surely there must be exceptions to that otherwise it's saying that those afraid of death should kill themselves.

Stoics argue you should not fear death. You must live in harmony with nature, and death is a part of nature.

youtube.com/watch?v=wTFLC_81dM4&t=2773s

Alan watts is pretty great for that

How? It's quite negative.