What historical topic do you find most interesting and are most knowledgeable about?

What historical topic do you find most interesting and are most knowledgeable about?
Which topic do you find most boring and are most ignorant about?

most interesting
>WW1
most boring
>anything American related

>Byzantine empire decline + crusades

>19th century Europe

Most interesting and knowledgeable for me is Napoleonic Wars while I know very little about early medieval/late Rome

Most interesting for me is the inception of the Soviet Union (not a commiefag tho).
Least interesting is probably WW2 or the American Civil War.

>Most interesting
Rome, all of it. Kingdom, Republic, Empire. I need it all. Also 19th century Africa
>Most boring
Definitely anything to do with China during the 19th century, or medieval Britain

>What historical topic do you find most interesting and are most knowledgeable about?
Everything Roman like >Which topic do you find most boring and are most ignorant about?
Central Asia and Indian subcontinent

Most knowledgeable
>Medieval Era + Both World Wars

Least knowledgeable
>Everything before Rome

most
>Post-Roman Britain, Late Antiquity
least
>19th Century Europe

>What historical topic do you find most interesting
At the moment, human migrations. Haplogroups and sheit. But I know nothing about it.
>and are most knowledgeable about?
My country's history in the XX Century.
t.u r gayan
>Which topic do you find most boring
Never cared too much about Canada
>and are most ignorant about?
So many...guess that Subsaharan Africa history pre Berlin Congress.

>What historical topic do you find most intresting and are most knowledgeable about?
Europe during the renaissance and up until WWI

>Which topic do you find the most boring?
Everything past WWI and everything that dose not happend in either a western or islamic country.

>most ignorant about?
Subsaharan Africa, tribes, everything past the Indus Valley.

Balkan ethnographics

>What historical topic do you find most interesting and are most knowledgeable about?
Everything that's Rome.
>Which topic do you find most boring and are most ignorant about?
Everything that's not Rome.

Industrial Revolution
Chinese history

Cold War
Chinese history (pre 19th century)

Persian history.
Japan. I seriously can not give a fuck about them.

Anything Civil or 'Independence' war.

I wish we had more sources on Thomas the Slav's rebellion

>Most interesting
Western europe during the late middle ages, specially Burgundy and Spain

>Most boring
American history

- Prehistory, Bronze Age, Antiquity.

- Americas.

Fucking based

Bump. Good thread.

most knowledgable about Russian history specifically 1905-1991 (got a useless Masters in this)

least knowledgable is like Indian and Chinese history probably

>most interesting and knowledgeable
Pre-modern China such as in the Qin and Han
>most boring
Amerisharts
>most ignorant
Probably something I never even heard about, an unknown unknown.

>least knowledgable is like Indian and Chinese history probably
I think that's the general consensus on Veeky Forums desu.

Rome and 19th to 20th Century Europe
India probably, I know jack shit about it except the information you get while studying Alexander, while for every other region of the world I can at least say I know the very basics of its history.

I want to fix that but honestly, I just can't be bothered.

Probably most knowledgable as in i could recite most of the big narrative: Rome (late republic/ empire) or prehistoric Scandinavia. Favourite is probably European Bronze age and 18th century Europe. Wish I knew more about East Asia before the 19th century, and I know next to nothing about SEA before Vietnam in the 50s.

Good taste man, fellow archaeologist?

>I want to fix that but honestly, I just can't be bothered.
India is pretty bad at exporting their culture enough for people to care. South America and Africa faces the same problem desu.

>most interesting
Early explorers, anything before iron age, africa and south america, age of sail
>least interesting
China especially dinasties
>most knowledge
Rome the antique world and modern (>1900)
>least knowledge
China. All of it.

Mesoamerica is the most interesting to me but I am most knowledgeable about Egypt.
Japan is incredibly overrated and the people who obsess over it also tend to be retards. Hell, I even found Oceania more interesting with its strange tribal customs.

Mesoamerica is the most interesting to me but I am most knowledgeable about Egypt.

Japan is incredibly overrated and the people who obsess over it also tend to be retards. Hell, I even found Oceania more interesting with its strange tribal customs. I guess I'm most ignorant about Central Asia.

How is Japan overrated? I'd say barring China and Persia they have the most interesting and rich history in the Asian continent.
They're also pretty Veeky Forums which is a plus.

>people don't know shit about two of the most ancient and influential civilizations
This is why Veeky Forums is for brainlets.

>no mention of mesopatamia or india
Hmm...

>interesting/knowledgable
Mesoamerican

>boring
American

Really hoping the user I had throw away emails exchanged with still hangs out on Veeky Forums so we can start to work on collecting resources again and scott/stuart gentling stuff

Jesus, is Indian history the most underrated of them all?

>interesting/knowledgable
>Mesoamerican

>boring
>American

This. So much.

Yes. Sadly.

Kek, I was gonna say this.

Are Mongols overrated or underrated?

To be clear I mean precolumbian america, and united states/colional north american history respectively

Anytime someone makes an Indian thread, it gets little to no response. I think I've even seen more shit about SEA (which was part of the Indosphere) than India. Only time India gets brought up is because Indo-European linguistics, Buddhism, or Greeks.

That's what I thought you were getting at. I agree completely.

user, they only started to get interesting when they wanted to modernize and started chimping out all across Asia.

To be fair, SEA is mostly mentioned because of the Vietnam War. The Veeky Forumsfags don't know about it either.

my country + europe in general
most of asia with exception of middle east
i also like colonization history but i dont like the history of post colonial nations like USA themselves

Overrated irl. Underrated on Veeky Forums.