Califorina Thread

Time for California to shine.

Other urls found in this thread:

hubpages.com/education/The-Colonization-of-California-France-Prussia-Russia-and-England
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_in_the_United_States_by_state
thesun.co.uk/news/4864917/inside-the-terrifying-nxivm-slave-cult-where-women-including-a-hollywood-actress-are-forced-to-hand-over-naked-pics-get-branded-with-the-founders-initials-and-are-beaten-with-paddles/
newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies
hollywoodreporter.com/news/bryan-singer-sex-abuse-case-699828
redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/10/24/next-big-hollywood-sex-scandal-already-breaking...at-nickelodeon/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5062721/Charlie-Sheen-sodomized-Corey-Haim-13-set-Lucas.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zW704NwL8iU
youtube.com/watch?v=df0TQJBkPP4
youtube.com/watch?v=uCv7xqr8oWE
tracking-board.com/weekend-box-office-update-the-dark-tower-is-bombing-very-badly/
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-tower-tv-show-sequel-details-1026568
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Point_disaster
csun.edu/~jsides/compton.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not much to say about it since the only really interesting bits are the colonial days and the water wars. Other than that; first it's natives, then Spaniards who ranged from nice to misguided to cunty, then anglo-americans who exceeded the highest echelons of cuntyness, savagery, and pettiness making theocratic Spaniards look reasonable, then Hollywood and the water wars, then hippies and Reagan, then the tech boom sucked out our soul and cursed us with absurd property values.

What actually is interesting though is that the natives in Owens valley may have independently developed agriculture. We found that they had developed a rudimentary system much like other tribes but they were using none of the crops that any other tribes used such as the three sisters (corn, beans, squash) nor any European crops at any point. They were using local area plants indicating that it was an entirely independent development.

>Water Wars

you mean the Great Supersoaker War of 2003?

When is the Big One™ gonna fuck their shit up.

That's pretty fascinating. You know what three plants they might've used

Reminder that Baja California is rightful burger clay.

It's what we use to refer to the gigantic shitstorm surrounding the securing of water and water rights throughout the state. Especially when LA started buying up land and water rights to the Owens river to feed the growing city which pushed most of the farming jobs in the area and got people really pissed off. They actually got a militial and started trying to sabotage the aqueduct by seizing a portion of it and blasting it with dynamite at one point. You can probably tell how that ended.

Today Owens Valley still doesn't really trust LAs administration because of this but they are at least trying to cooperate and patch things up as long as LA doesn't cock up again.

Funny little tidbit. When the aqueduct was completed in 1913 William Mullholand (the guy behind the project) let the water flow into LA and announced "There it is... take it!" saying LA can have as much water as it wants*. Later around 2008 LA started easing off on water pumping,as part of an initiative to let water return to the Owens River and hopefully undo some of the shittiness (after a bunch of missed deadlines) so the president of the L.A. Water and Power Board, announced "There it is ... take it back.". I don't know why, but that tickles me.

*Mulholland would later say that this was a mistake and that LA should never have gotten as big as it has, but the die was cast and LA was "doomed to success" as he said, constantly growing out of control and having to be fed. Kinda prophetic, in that every Californian today knows that we should never have gotten as big as we have and that the LA aqueduct and other water projects were shitty mistakes but we are well past the point of no return.

I have it in a book but it would take a while to dig up the relevant passage. I will try if this thread is still up in the morning. If not then the book is called "The Great Thirst" for those interested.

>tfw it's not independent

Shine in a nucelar fire maybe.

There's no way this thread won't devolve into /pol/bait but regardless:

CA has spent the past ten years building itself out of the hole it created in the 1950s by ripping out it's mass transit networks. This began in LA with Measure R (funding streetcar reconstruction) and statewide via Prop 1A which funded a 200 mph SF-LA train and norcal rail unification. Both are still under construction and largely won't be done until 2027 at the earliest, demonstrating the size and scope infrastructure costs. Hopefully by then Trump will allow states to toll Interstates and highway demand will drop as mass transit use rises.

But there's one outlier who isn't involved with this: San Francisco. The city is only doing a very small handful of projects, it's current one being the central subway whose purpose is questionable. Their future HSR terminal doesn't have a railroad connection or a metro connection, and they don't seem interested in funding it. Meanwhile they are on their 11th year of attempting to install bus lanes on Van Ness Avenue, which is being stopped per a local petition again. Meanwhile the (largely misplaced) hype for self-driving cars prevents the city from wanting to expand streetcar service. This also says nothing of the local BART metro, which is having problems just staying powered on.

This is bemusing as in ten years both Los Angeles and San Jose will have better transit networks than San Francisco.

Alright just pulled it up. It was the Paiute and they used "yellow nutgrass for protein and Rich tubers and wild hyacinth for the nutritious bulb-like corms".

Another interesting fact that corroborates independent agricultural development is the fact is that Paiute words regarding agriculture are not derived at all to the languages of any other tribe nor Spanish. Words like tuvaiju (head irrigator), tuva dut (to irrigate) and pavado (irrigators pole).

Granted it was mostly to supplement their hunting and gathering but it's a start.

Actually while we're on the topic of native tribes, after the Chemehuevi tribe was given a sizable tract of land for their reservation, the US government apparently "lost" the treaty and said that the tribe gets pretty much jack shit. This is probably because they had prime real estate along the Colorado River. It took them decades of legal battles and searching for the deed until it finally turned up and the US was forced to give them their full reservation lands. They still keep the document framed in their tribal government building so that nobody "loses" it again.

They have also had a major problem with people coming over from Arizona and Nevada and vandalizing their centuries old tribal petroglyphs (rock art) and tearing out chunks of it to take back home and use it as front lawn ornaments. They found chunks of petroglyph as far as Las Vegas and Phoenix. Really it just proves that Americans outside of California are garbage people.

Are Californians genetically predisposed to fucking up neighboring states by bringing their liberal bullshit with them when they leave?

>tfw we had every chance to take it in 1848 but didn't
What the hell were they thinking

sooooooooo this, along with every city above 10,000 people in north america

>Are Californians genetically predisposed to fucking up neighboring states by bringing their liberal bullshit with them when they leave?

Don't know, are you saying your people are such worthless worms that a couple of geriatrics and hipsters are able to completely co-opt your government and society?

Polk had already added so much territory, he didn't want to seem gluttonous.

>Really it just proves that Americans are garbage people.
FTFY

>tfw there used be good gun laws here
>tfw there used to be little to no leftists
>tfw there used to a time where the coastal cities didn't run everything

Blame Jew York and other state transplants that came and invaded.

>>tfw there used be good gun laws here
Funny enough, you can blame conservatives for that. Heavy gun control in California started because Regan convinced conservatives that it would stop the "scary black man". Even today it's not only liberals supporting it, it's a mix of bleeding heart liberals and Regan conservatives.

>tfw there used to be little to no leftists
Contrary to what people believe. We're largely moderates who vote Democrat because the state GOP is retarded.

>there used to be good gun laws here
There still are if you just don't compy

>We're largely moderates
prove it.

>texas
>the former confederate states minus texas
>casacadia
>california
>vermont
these places need to be released
why wont the US let us have cool nation states

Well our last incumbent governor was a republican for one thing. Also I distinctly remember after the riots in Berkeley pretty much everybody and every major radio station was talking shit about antifa and the black Bloc. Yes there is an undercurrent of extreme liberalism in some places but the populace as a whole is not going for it. Honestly probably the only reason there aren't more Republicans in California is because they decided to do some liberal policies which completely alienated the more conservative groups while at the same time jumping on the alt-right bandwagon so moderates can't like them.

While an independent California has potential to be the comfiest thing ever we can't understate the benefits of Empire. Really I would just rather find a good way for us to foster our own identities without abandoning the most prosperous Empire in human history.

Are non-Californians genetically predisposed to leech gibs from California while producing nothing of value themselves?

>prosperous Empire

Vile Empire

fxtfy.

California and Texas are the only self-sufficient states in the nation. The Confederacy, even if alien space magic made the USA let it secede again (and if they wanted to), would rapidly become sub-Mexico-tier as gibs from the west and northeast stop and their lack of economic utility (especially without a common state market) is revealed. Also, a theoretical independent southern state of the southern states minus Texas would be pretty much entirely dominated by Virginia and would have higher homicide and suicide rates than most of Latin America even (VERY) generously assuming separating from the USA brought no ill-effects.

where are you getting these sources from?

>prove it.
The last time my county (San Diego, also California's second largest city) voted for a Democrat pre-2016 was during the Great Depression.

Fun fact: The French, British, and Prussians all considered taking over California

hubpages.com/education/The-Colonization-of-California-France-Prussia-Russia-and-England

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_in_the_United_States_by_state

Note the murder rates for the core southern states (Mississippi, Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tenesse, Oklahomah, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, and Florida). Together these states had 259 + 481 + 502 + 399 + 348 + 406 + 181 + 615 + 234 + 517 + 1041 + 383 = 5,366 murders in 2015. For a population of 4,668,960 + 2,989,390 + 6,076,204 + 4,894,834 + 4,853,875 + 6,595,056 + 2,977,853 + 10,199,398 + 3,907,414 + 10,035,186 + 20,244,914 + 8,367,587 = ~85,000,000 people.

That's a murder rate of 6.3 per 100k people. The most comparable country are Argentina and Sudan.

Every Empire is vile

thesun.co.uk/news/4864917/inside-the-terrifying-nxivm-slave-cult-where-women-including-a-hollywood-actress-are-forced-to-hand-over-naked-pics-get-branded-with-the-founders-initials-and-are-beaten-with-paddles/

newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

hollywoodreporter.com/news/bryan-singer-sex-abuse-case-699828

redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/10/24/next-big-hollywood-sex-scandal-already-breaking...at-nickelodeon/

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5062721/Charlie-Sheen-sodomized-Corey-Haim-13-set-Lucas.html

youtube.com/watch?v=zW704NwL8iU

Why isn't Desert Xpress connected with the rest?

Probably

Here in Baja we're getting a shit ton of gay propaganda from commiefornia

And we're not even part of the US

What is "gay propoganda" even supposed to be?

Is that your photo? Did you take it riding on an Amtrak train North of San Bernardino by any chance?

Getting rid of the Coast Daylight and Pacific Electric Railway was a mistake.

YOU KILLED THIS AMTRAK, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

It's separately funded, also the people running 90% of high speed rail projects are being run by braindead retards.

youtube.com/watch?v=df0TQJBkPP4

Nah I just got it on Google.

I wonder if there is anything to the idea of implementing rail and better transportation to the far North to stimulate it's economy?

I am in greater LA and I have never heard of this movie. And why are you seeking out gay English language movies as a Mexican and then claiming that it's being forced on you?

The only reason anyone has even heard of LA is because of the entertainment industry which is crawling with homos in case you didn't know and are you really gonna pretend that media hasn't played a big part in normalizing flamboyancy?

>propanganda targeted towards a Baja California audience is in English

>What is "gay propoganda" even supposed to be?

Anything a Pozzifornian says

I'm not the Baja poster, I'm just pointing out that flaming Hollywood Jews are brainwashing America.

>prop 187

You need to know that above all else, Hollywood is a business and making money is their biggest concern. If they have positive depictions of homosexuality, then it is what Americans want and would pay for. We change for America, not the other way around.

Also, I think the idea of “Californian brainwashing” comes from a place of not wanting to accept that there are in fact people who disagree with you. Liberals come from everywhere and didn’t spring from two cities. Pretending they are either from California or are brainwashed by California is a lot easier than having to address the opposition because who could possibly disagree with you?

Faggots trying to teach us that being gay is ok, non-binary bullshit

You name it, they are ruining my catholic, right-wing state

>I disagree with it and that makes it propoganda

>making money is their biggest concern.
Oh honey if that were true why are we getting a Dark Tower cinematic universe even though it was a huge flop? Why did they even cast Idris in this role I wonder?

>Hollywood is a business and making money is their biggest concern
From how absolutely retarded some of their executives are, I sometimes doubt that.
You know, like that Pascal lady who was in charge of Sony Studios for half a decade despite being unfit to run a lemonade stand.

>making money is their biggest concern.
Oh and another thing, if money is their main concern why did Abrams cast John Boyega as a lead in Star Wars when valuable oversees markets like China try to remove him from the poster?

*overseas

youtube.com/watch?v=uCv7xqr8oWE

>Oh yeah? If they were only out for money, why would some of their projects and decisions not pan out as planned and they sometimes have poor judgement!?!

You act like being a fuck up at thing (a) somehow precludes having thing (a) as the original intention.

It's called pattern recognition user.

So the're pandering.... For money....

Pushing it trought Tv Shows, news and movements do it propaganda

Except it isn't profitable.

tracking-board.com/weekend-box-office-update-the-dark-tower-is-bombing-very-badly/

Not really disproving the point. And maybe if you didn't want Hollywood values in media then you should stop being a cultural parasite and watch your own media. Nobody is forcing you to watch anything.

>Completely dodging the topic at hand.

>The Dark Tower movie bombed and since the MC was black it was part of a jew plot to destroy whites by corrupting their image of a fantasy Stephen King character. A movie which they decided would be propaganda when they knew nobody would watch it.

That one user was right though this seems more up the alley of /tv/ rather than /pol/. This isn't even about history anymore, we should all just sage and call it a thread.

I'd like to move back to California.

>Nah I just got it on Google.

Damn, I could've sworn I've seen that valley from riding the Coast Starlight

Don't.
t. person trying to escape. Fuckers raised the price of diesel again and can't even get their shit clear with the new gun laws

The topic at hand is that Hollywood is obviously willing to sacrifice profits to promote their agenda. The Dark Tower example is a good one because it's recent and so blatant; they have already greenlit sequels despite its abysmal box office performance: hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-tower-tv-show-sequel-details-1026568

If you want a different example, pic related is another instance of casting a black actor to play a character that was originally a white action hero that was not financially profitable.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that the entertainment industry is used for social conditioning?

right? not that user but I used to take than train all the time south from Salinas. Most of the country just looks that way I guess.

Speaking of, what is with all the trainlets ITT? this is a his thread, let's get back to interesting/california related nuggets of knowledge

anyone ever read about that time the US navy lost a destroyer squadron to some fog?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Point_disaster

>interesting/california related nuggets of knowledge
Did you know that the Bohemian Club performs a ritual called "The Cremation of Care" in front of a giant owl statue out in Monte Rio?

Autistic racecucks didn't want any provinces that contained more than a few thousand brown people

>mockingly burns "care"

sounds like something from a reaction image caption desu

>The Dark Tower example is a good one because it's recent and so blatant; they have already greenlit sequels despite its abysmal box office performance:

Because they probably we're already tied to a contract. And what is the supposed end goal of this social conditioning? A black man is the main character of a movie I got that part, but then what?

>be right wing state
>tons of atlantic liberals move in
>tons of mexicans move in and get amnesty
>become a liberal shithole
>everyone blames you for it
fuck you guys i hope we drag you fuckers down with us

Ok I will try to give you a quick rundown but it's a big enchilada so bear with me:

>Hollywood bow to Synagogue of Satan
>In contact with aliens
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Control LA with an iron and gay fist
>Own media distribution & intellectual property rights globally
>Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>Will bankroll propaganda that emasculates white men
>Own 99% of the information on Earth
>First brainwashed babies will in all likelihood be transexual babies
>Synagogue said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Babylonian monasteries & Area 51
>Ancient Khazar scriptures tell of angels who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented shekels with them
>They own multi-million dollar brands around the world
>You likely have their brand inside you right now
>The Synagogue are in regular communication with the Archdevils Satan and Belial, forwarding the lies of the Devil to the American public. >Who do you think set up the meeting between the Corey Haim & Charlie Sheen and arranged Roman Polankski’s first trip to Europe?
>They learned fluent Hebrew in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with the Synagogue. There’s no gold in Ft. Knox, only Ft. Tel Aviv
>The Synagogue are about 666 millennia old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We know they are not benevolent beings

Was California mostly conservatives during 30s and 40s?

>muh gun laws n meme magics

Faggot, life isn't about one or two laws you don't like.

There'd be no reason to ever leave this place if housing prices weren't shit.

>be right wing state
>tons of atlantic liberals move in
>tons of mexicans move in and get amnesty
>become a liberal shithole
This part I'm going to have to disagree with because conservatives had just as much to do with Californians problems such as backing gun control legislation because of "scary blacks" and illegal immigration because they want to take advantage of cheap labor on farms. Yes our normal bullshit leans towards the liberal but the conservatives have been no slouch in fucking shit up.

Historically Dixie conservatives managed to ruin Los Angeles. You see way back when; LA was populated largely by Californios, Atlantic liberals and blacks who largely got along relatively well partly because the whites came from abolitionist areas. The city was largely integrated, most blacks were full homeowners and were a major cog in the economy, and while things weren't egalitarian things were far more smooth than back in the east. Then came the flood of Dixiefags who saw a peaceful and happy city and thought to themselves "this certainly will not do", and started implementing the same shitty Jim Crow laws as back east. The blacks became marginalized and pushed out of the white areas and into, you guessed it, Compton. Conservative Dixie faggots literally created the godawful south central gangland we know today. It would be solidified in WW2 where we got even more Dixiefags and Oakies as well as blacks who were already poisoned by Dixie.

>>everyone blames you for it
>fuck you guys i hope we drag you fuckers down with us
This part I agree with. Anyone who complains about Californians "invading" other states has the memory of a goddamned goldfish because California had been getting invaded by everyone for goddamned forever.

Everyone I know who has had to move out of California for one reason or another has had to come back because the culture outside was godawful. Especially Texas and Virginia.

Also Nixon called em the biggest bunch of flaming faggots he ever knew.
Based Nixon

>hmm is the world a complex chaotic system of individuals influencing eachother nahg that can't be it it's all this one ethnic group's fault yeah okay

They think it'll make money. If it doesn't, they'll try something else.
They wanted to get the black demographic.

>Everyone I know who has had to move out of California for one reason or another has had to come back because the culture outside was godawful. Especially Texas and Virginia.

>make up less than 1% of the global population
>somehow always involved in the biggest controversies

We've already established that it didn't make money and that they aren't trying something else:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-tower-tv-show-sequel-details-1026568

Americans are predisposed to fuck up neighbors of any kind.
They constantly felt the need to migrate west so thay they never stoped having an indian eighbor to fuck up. When that ended they fucked up their southern neighbors. When that ended they started fucking up overseas "neighbors".
Its an american thing, much like "homeowners associations"

Hopefully I can make enough money to live in California again. 12 months of summer was glorious.

>tax the fuck out of everyone
>roads are absolute shit
>make some of the absolute worst gun laws in the entire country and don't even implement them clearly and effectively
>meme train
>no water up until recently
>every fucking person I know thinks california is the best damn thing in the world
>rampant homeless problem
Faggot, life is about much more than just the endless amount of gun laws they pass, there is also all the other bullshit taxes they pass. Not that other states are better, they've got flaws too. It's just that California stands out as worse because they pretend they're better than everyone else.

Compton was a majority white area in the 50's. It was fucking redlined to hell and back. South-central was a ghetto, so blacks were trying to get out of there and they did after redlining was made illegal. They paid high prices, but they eventually penetrated into the city. They were actually model citizens and kept their homes just as nice and organized as whites. Whites tried to keep them out, but they failed and moved away. I don't know why you're blaming the dixieniggers for making compton shit, they had nothing to do with it. It was when industry and business failed in the 70's that things actually started to get bad. Then nigger culture perpetuated a general shittiness that ended with modern compton and the mythos surrounding it.

Try actually reading about it. Compton wasn't always shit.
csun.edu/~jsides/compton.pdf

California sucks. A manufactured segregated shitheap

>Compton was a majority white area in the 50's. It was fucking redlined to hell and back
Sorry, you re right, I know they got pushed out to the periphery but my mind automatically defaulted to Compton for some reason. I would dig up where they went but my class notes are buried.

Though what I'm referring to was stuff in the late 1800's when the racial hierarchy of the east became imposed on LA and predated white flight. Prior to this migration it was a lot easier for blacks to make a middle class living, but afterwards we started seeing restrictions imposed. It didn't create Compton or ghetto culture directly (I was using a bit too much hyperbole) but the influx of people from Dixie did set the stage for the rise of anti-black sentiment and thus blacks as an underclass in the region and the implementation of redlining.

Also neat reading, Ill have to read it when I find time.

>Everyone I know who has had to move out of California for one reason or another has had to come back because the culture outside was godawful. Especially Texas and Virginia.
Yeah, because there's such a huge difference between spic culture with a southern influence and spic culture with a west coast influence.

Virginia is a bit of a shithole though