What was the best Greek City State and why is every answer other than Plataea incorrect?

What was the best Greek City State and why is every answer other than Plataea incorrect?

yes

Have they ever actually done anything aside from having a massive battle occur in their vicinity?

Single handedly won the battle of Marathon whilst Athenians watched and humped boys

Theban master race checking in

This is the correct answer.

Sorry, there aren't any underage children for you to molest here.

Corinth

>Do literally nothing of worth
>Accumulate coins all the meantime

btfo'd by dirty slavs cosplaying from the anyways

*gets destroyed by fire machine in Peloponnesian war*

How convenient that your citation omits the presence of the Corinthians and other allies, who almost certainly created that device. It is inconceivable that a Boeotian could design and construct a flame-thrower.

i just searched fire machine on google because i remember plataea's walls getting incinerated by the flamethrower and i wanted to find a quote of it very quickly. can't judge as to the quality of the book i screenshoted there. why do you say that boeotians couldn't build such a device themselves though?

>filthy medizers
>master race
who /DelianLeague/ here?

Plataea is great. The Boeotians fought against every invasion of Greece. From Persians to Gauls (a massive invasion not well known to many people, that was also stopped in Thermopylae in 279 BC).

Macedon Reporting in

> What was the best Greek City State

Syracuse.

kek

Culturally: Athens
Militarily: Thebes, Athens or Sparta, depending on what point in time.

let me see, could it be that Boeotian is a byword for idiot?

Also, the flame-thrower was not built until after the Corinthians and others showed up on scene to assist the Boeotian mouth-breathers.

Boeotians were the cause of every misery that afflicted Hellas. Plataea is great, and in fact I have family who used to hire seasonal labour from Plataea, but they are in part great because of the extremely low expectation given their questionable extraction.

Phocaea!
Phocaeans built cities and colonies from Spain and France (like Massalia) to Anatolia (the city of Phocea, from which came the later Byzantine Emperor Nikephoros II Phokas).

My nigga

Thespia had the best hoplites

Carthage sacred band btfo'd twice

>nothing of worth
Corinth literally invented Greek art.

Athens, because their shield design (most popular one) was cool
also LOL @ sparta, your design is literally an "L"