Did Jesus exist? I dont mean was he divine, just if the stories in the bible are based off a real person. Also...

Did Jesus exist? I dont mean was he divine, just if the stories in the bible are based off a real person. Also, what would he have looked like?

Other urls found in this thread:

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/202895/sponsors/new?token=FaHZBL5uY3X3MYqoKvYU
petition.parliament.uk/petitions/202895/moderation-info
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A Middle Eastern carpenter named Yeshua who was crucified around 2000 years ago?

Yeah I think a guy like that is very likely to have existed.

Absolutely. Who do you think wrote the
Gospels, tax collectors and fishermen?

Jesus the Author and Finisher

You're a Pioneer now. Haha

Rationalists type skepticism too far, and point out that there's no direct evidence of Jesus, like a tomb or body, then start to speculate that he didn't exist.However, this hyper-skepticism is only applied to Christianity since it's such an important religion. There's countless figures as obscure as Jesus in the historical record that have as much evidence, and we don't doubt their existence.

The basic story about Jesus without miracles is entirely plausible and seems to match, largely, with the historical record. It seems more unlikely that they would just make up some dude, rather than there being a real cult, whose leader is killed, and they then change their theology rather than admit it was made up.

>Also, what would he have looked like?

Olive medeterainian. He'd look more like a tan "foreigner" than your image.

Absolutely. Who do you think wrote the
Gospels, physicians and missionaries?

The Holy Ghostwriter

About 4500 of them

>There's countless figures as obscure as Jesus in the historical record that have as much evidence, and we don't doubt their existence.
Maybe we should though.

It took 18 years moving Ark of the
Testimony (all Mishkan relics) to
Stonehenge (I like rocks) burying
them 1.2m (4ft) below Heelstone;
And now the Queen (unwidowed
money whore) blocks its digging.
Well I say fuck House of Windsor,
fuck Revelation 18 Queen whore;

Git Diggin!

LOL

Git Diggin!

LOL

Git Diggin!

Lucifer, the Devil, and Satan!
Iblis the Shaitan of Jinn!
the Ancient Serpent!

Rationalists take skepticism too far, and point out that there's no direct evidence of Jesus, like a tomb or body, then start to speculate that he didn't exist. However, this hyper-skepticism is only applied to Christianity since it's such an important religion. There's countless figures as obscure as Jesus in the historical record that have as much evidence, and we don't doubt their existence.

The basic story about Jesus without miracles is entirely plausible and seems to match, largely, with the historical record. It seems more unlikely that they would just make up some dude, rather than there being a real cult, whose leader is killed, and they then change their theology rather than admit it was made up.

>Also, what would he have looked like?

Olive Mediterranean. He'd look more like a tan "foreigner" than your image. **

--

Sadly no physical evidence has surfaced.

** Opps, forgot that, sorry.

That's one account of blasphemy and one count of treason.

** Oops!... I did it again

I would go as far to say that there probably was a guy named jesus, but without all the bullshit that was started after his crusifixion.
I recall names of ancient historians like josephus (or something like that) quoting somebody, or the otherway, who had written about jesus having being crusified for his beliefs and having existed, but written decades or centuries later. Still, better source than the bible for credible sources.

>It seems more unlikely that they would just make up some dude
This was actually very common and constantly done. Christianity is the only religion with a pretense to actually existing mythical figures.

Sadly my ass. Only a myth.

>Lucifer, the Devil, and Satan!
>Iblis the Shaitan of Jinn!
>the Ancient Serpent!

Beelzebub

The historical Jesus is regarded by the majority of historians to have existed. It is believed that he lived in the region of Galilee, preached a ministry and was crucified by the Romans, but there is no evidence as to the miracles attributed to him being true.

He probably looked something like this:

Yes he did. There is plenty of documentation on Rome, and some cult leader getting real popular in Judea has been documented.

And not a source was found that day

Save the Ark being Injured by National Trust
of the United Kingdom. (SAINT of UK petition)

The seven Spirits of YHWH Allah located below the original Altar Stone pit No. 96 at Stonehenge are packed inside the brass Altar of Burnt Offering having 4 horns. YHWH Allah's 1st Spirit - gold Mercy seat, 2nd Spirit - gold Ark of the Testimony, 3rd Spirit - gold Table for the Shewbread, 4th Spirit - gold Candlestick, 5th Spirit - gold Ephod-Girdle, 6th Spirit - gold Breastplate, and 7th Spirit - gold Altar of Incense having 4 horns, together with Moses the Egyptian's skeleton and Torah scroll having 2 horns are inside YHWH Allah's said brass Altar of Burnt Offering. The seven Spirits of YHWH Allah are cemented in a Pozzolanic concrete block inside eastern Scroll Trench and are capped by Heel Stone, a 35 ton Sarsen type rock. The concrete of YHWH Allah once protecting them has weathered and is now crumbling.

National Trust, custodian of the land, and English Heritage, custodian of the stones, of Stonehenge World Heritage Site, are fully aware Heel Stone is causing irreparable damage to YHWH Allah's seven Spirits in breach of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention. This Petition to UK Parliament to "Save the Ark being Injured by National Trust of the United Kingdom" is for UK Parliament to cause, or to force as the case may be, National Trust to exhume YHWH Allah's brass Altar of Burnt Offering containing such historic Relics from its shallow depth of 1.2m (4ft) below the Heel Stone base. Or to cause, or to force as the case may be, retraction of National Trust's claim(s) in being an historic conservation organisation. For more background link to Stonehenge WHS & UNESCO, ICOMOS, and ICOMOS UK.

(SAINT of UK petition) ← Sign

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/202895/sponsors/new?token=FaHZBL5uY3X3MYqoKvYU
petition.parliament.uk/petitions/202895/moderation-info

Be a SAINT today!

>implying the fact that religion exists doesn't itself imply that a founder existed

Other than that, we have Roman graffiti mocking people praying to a crucified god, and the accounts of Josephus.

Go figure? I'm a saint.

>the accounts of Josephus
That forgery again.

>religion exists, so there must be a founder
Yup.
Christianity was founded by Jesus.
Gnosticism was also founded by Jesus.
He was founding religions all over the place.

Yeah nah, it was a character devised by the gnostics and given life by other mythicists that got out of hand, this is why it is all so contradicting and strange and no account is like the other one.

This is how he would have looked like.

What is Islam and buddhism?