REEEEE and secede because your presidential pick didn’t win

>REEEEE and secede because your presidential pick didn’t win
>REEEEE and attack a more powerful country when they stop by to manage their property
>Lose the war
>Pass laws to fuck with the newly established citizens of the unified country because butthurt
>Wave around the flag of your failed state because butthurt
>Build monuments “honoring(actually just to fuck with blacks)” soldiers of your failed state because butthurt
>Lie and brainwash future generations about why your country failed because butthurt

Name a more autistic country.

Other urls found in this thread:

differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/politics/difference-between-confederate-and-union-constitution/
bartleby.com/124/pres31.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Sumter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

USA

>still butthurt
Seek help, user.

Filand Khanate

Nothing about this is autistic, seems like a typical response from area that is being forced into unwanted policies by a centralized power.

>still butthurt
>thread literally starts with butthurt
USA has embraces CSA autism, nobody else in the world gives as much shit about old civil wars.

>Lie to generations
You mean tell the perspective of the war that doesn't come from progressive revisionists trying to claim that the war was over slavery alone?
>Inb4 cherrypicking the declarations of secession
Plz don't, too many yankeeboos are hopelessly brainlet like this

B-b-but muh slavery
DO IT AGAIN SHERMAN

>Yankees caring about forcing other people into things they don't want
That's where you're wrong , kiddo

> Impose Fugitive Slave Act upon the Free States through control of the Federal Government
> REE when the shoe is on the other foot.

>”WAAAAHHH WHY CANT WE CONTINUE TO CONTINUE OUR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY AND GOD!?”

>trying to claim that the war was over slavery alone?

Oh I’m sorry, it was over States Rights correct?

t. brainlet

>States rights
>Slavery
>Economic squabbles
>Southern independence
Stop trying to ignore the rest of the civil war plz

t.pseud

>forced into unwanted policies
hmm sorta sounds like
S L A V E R Y
fucking reptilian southern gentile GTFO

>implying economics, politics, and culture aren't different aspects of collective human behavior

Fuckin dixienigger wannabee aristocrats couldn't pick their own damn cotton so they start a war over it then some LARPer faggot pops Ol' Abe (who wasn't above reproach himself) before he can kick off Reconstruction and deport some dark ones. Fucking Dixeniggers sure have a lot of nerve.

>Fugitive slave act meme
>AGAIN
Fuck I should just create a meme for it. It was an extraterrestrial jurisdictional agreement meant to support the right of states to maintain their property to promote unity among them.

It didn't force non-slave states to endorse slavery, it forced non-slave states to recognize that slave states still existed within the same nation as they did

>states rights
...to own slaves

>slavery
Only correct thing cause of the civil war.

>Economic squabbles
...about the consequences of basing your entire economy on slave labor

>Southern independence
...independence to own slaves

Why can't Dixiefags just admit it was about slavery? Why do they deny the crimes of their ancestors? It's not like you owned slaves, so why does it bother you so much.

I want to hear you say it.

Which one of you re-textured my OC without my permission?

>everyone gets what they want
Except the, uh, you know.

>WAAAAAH WHY CANT WE CONTINUE TO CENTRALIZE POWER TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BECAUSE PEOPLE I AGREE WITH ARE DOING THINGS I DONT LIKE
>WAAAAAAAAAH EVEN THOUGH IM SUPPOSED TO CO-EXIST WITH THESE OTHER PEOPLE I HATE THEM AND DONT HAVE TO RESPECT THEIR SELF RULE
>FUCKING TRAITORS, YOU ABUSED OUR RIGHT TO SELF RULE BY NOT CO-EXISTING WITH US

>that comic

Literally none of that happened.

And you can't secede because you'd become a banana republic and we'd inevitably have to invade again and straighten you fucks out. I mean you already suck at our teat by taking way more federal dollars than you contriubute.
And you think you can survive on your own?

Nah, we're stuck with each other forever. I just wish you'd make the most of it and try to not be corrupt and uneducated and lazy. It doesn't have to be adversarial.

>States rights
>to own slaves
>Southern Independence
*sigh*

Everytime.
differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/politics/difference-between-confederate-and-union-constitution/

>Doesn't invade middle East to end slavery
>Doesn't invade Africa to end slavery
>Doesn't invade South America to end slavery
But why?

Also
>The only way to end slavery in the South is to destroy our republic by centralizing power into the federal government and forcing it to end slavery
Or
>A civil war that kills 600,000 people

Yankee logic lmao

>Reddit spacing
>Fuck you lazy corrupt pigs
Way to prove the comic right lmao

I hate when normalfags call the Confederates traitors.

I mean it is technically correct, but--
Everyone is forgetting that people back then were more loyal to their states than to the whole US of A.

>Southern Democrats shitting up national politics
>When the first Republican Lincoln is elected they completely chimp out (similar to how Dems reacted to Trump's election) and secede
>Ræææ when they get utterly BTFO and their economy is ruined for the next two decades
Cry more Dixiefag

Go back to /pol/, this board is to discuss history, not for angry samefag shitposting

Centralization was more of a result of the civil war than it was a cause of it - it strenghned the executive branch and gave much more power over the states to the central government.

Lincoln didn't run on a platform of abolishing slavery. He just made it so that western expansion woulnd't include new slave-states. It was the slave-states that feared loosing power that started a war when the elections didn't go their way. The CSA Constitution actually enforced slavery in every member-state, so I wouldn't call confederates preponents of self-rule.

>150 years later
>still gives a shit

I swear, the US really needs a new war on their soil. No other country is so overdramatic about these things.

>Lincoln didn't run
But what did his party represent? Remember, this was the age when the executive branch didn't have as much power as it does now

The CSA started the war. The slave-owners lost the elections, which weren't even about ending or ensuring slavery - there simply would be more seats taken by non-slavers.

After reading this thread I now realize how much of a meme this board is
lmao I actually thought this was the most literate board but this is just a shitfest of american [insert]boos throwing shit at each others

His party was a mixed bag, much like the Democratic party, though it did have more abolition sympathisers (especially radical republicans, Lincoln was considered a moderate).

Even within the democratic party there were unionists, though. Both War Democrats and Peace Democrates.

The Republicans were anti-Slave Power Conspiracy first and foremost.

So slavery then?

>The CSA started the war
No they seceded after the election of Lincoln , they didn't start the war after the election of Lincoln.

The war started due to ft sumter being reinforced with troops and ammunition, after South Carolina warned the North that doing so would cause them to fire upon the fort.

Which is a massive slap in the face considering that the United States had a decades long fiasco with trying to get the British to leave their remaining forts in the US after the Revolutionary War

>Maintain their property
>Another human being

Yeah same
good threads only happen whether someone posts shit you can find history books

Yes, because this was the 1800's you pleb
>It's a Yankee projects modern views on to history episode
If the South wanted to end slavery, it needed to choose to end slavery as it would after it became outdated due to technological progress, but you're a yank so foresight isn't really your strength

Meanwhile people like you reee at NFL players for not standing for the flag.

Imagine jumping on a history board to rant about a country your Yank teachers have told you is evil and you're fully convinced there's no way you're wrong but you can't even post the right flag so everyone laughs at you.

I'm not American you dolt.
And if I were, I'd support the kneeling people and be left of the Democratic party.

>The war started due to ft sumter being reinforced with troops and ammunition, after South Carolina warned the North that doing so would cause them to fire upon the fort.

So you admit the CSA started the war.

>”Hey we’re just in the neighborhood to do some property management.”
>”REEEE GET OUT!”

> States rights
Specifically the right to keep slaves.

> Slavery
Agreed.

> Economic squabbles
Squabbles when the South thought that they might have to pay their slaves wages

> Southern independence
The independent spirit to keep slaves.

What else ya got?

>”M-Muh modern views argument!”

So people back then couldn’t understand the concept of basic human rights? They knew what they were doing and you’re a piece of shit for excusing it. This is why the rest of the country hates you people. You’re willingingy ignorant about obvious things.

I've seen this same thread on /pol/ and it's really fucking sad when /pol/ of ALL places knows more about history than Veeky Forums, the board dedicated to history. From the shit I see here I'm convinced that 95% of Veeky Forums posters are underaged Yanks. Autism of this magnitude can't be described any other way.

State rights to own slaves
/thread

DO IT AGAIN UNCLE BILLY

>Look at what I learned in debate class this semester

*sigh*
>Yankees
>Actually reading
I guess I shouldn't expect that much of you

>50 Posts
>20 posters

Looks like the dixiefag is mad that the rest of the country isn’t brainwashed. Slavery is bad and the South couldn’t get over it. Accept it.

>So you admit the CSA started the war
>Warn Yankees that reinforcing the fort would cause a war
>They intentionally disregard this
>It's the South's fault for the civil war starting

>He is actually defending his projection of modern views onto historical time periods outside of his viewpoint
Jesus Christ, defend yourselves yankeeboos

Yes it’s Dixie Virgin’s fault for preemptively attacking the peaceful Chad who just wanted to water his plants.

Don’t start fights you can’t win.

>>The war started due to ft sumter being reinforced with troops and ammunition, after South Carolina warned the North that doing so would cause them to fire upon the fort.

>So you admit the CSA started the war.

>>”Hey we’re just in the neighborhood to do some property management.”
>>”REEEE GET OUT!”

Not him but you have to be way too young to browse this board if that's what you got out of what he said. South Carolina warned the North that reinforcing the fort would lead to war. The North reinforced it anyways. The North willingly disregarded a warning knowing full well that it would lead to war. All South Carolina did was give the response the north KNEW was coming. The North's WILLING disregard of the South's warning started the war. Had the North heeded to the South's warning, the war wouldn't have started. The North is to blame.

>Inb4 "but the south shot first so they started the war"
Pic related, it's you if you're truly that dull.

And before you say it, I'm not even a Dixie. I'm a northerner.

Yes I defend it because no one except a memeing retard like you would defend slavery.

For fucks sake, Britain abolished slavery without a war.

>I'm defending slavery
Where? Literally where did I say
>We should bring back slavery, slavery is fine

what a dumb post. the north didn't "reinforce" Ft. Sumter, they were sending supplies and explicitly told the south no additional soldiers were being stationed there.

The CSA attacked a peaceful country for wanting to manage its property. They’re the aggressors. I don’t care how many mental hoops you jump through to pretend your faggot failed state was in the right.

Read Lincoln's
bartleby.com/124/pres31.html
>Resolved,That the maintenance inviolate of the rights of the States, and especially the right of each State to order and control its own domestic institutions according to its own judgment exclusively, is essential to that balance of power on which the perfection and endurance of our political fabric depend; and we denounce the lawless invasion by armed force of the soil of any State or Territory, no matter what pretext, as among the gravest of crimes.

4I now reiterate these sentiments, and in doing so I only press upon the public attention the most conclusive evidence of which the case is susceptible that the property, peace, and security of no section are to be in any wise endangered by the now incoming Administration. I add, too, that all the protection which, consistently with the Constitution and the laws, can be given will be cheerfully given to all the States when lawfully demanded, for whatever cause—as cheerfully to one section as to another.

>Hey south
>Yeah
>I won't take away slavery
>*Secedes*

The south could've won the election btw,they split their vote between Breckenridge and Douglas. The south also controlled the government from at least 1852 to 1860.

>Reinforcing with supplies isn't the same as reinforcing with men
They're both forms of reinforcement, try harder yank

>All we did was willingly disregard a warning knowing it would start a war
>We wuz peaceful
Fuck off you brainwashed cuck

Except they did actually send soldiers
>The ships assigned were the steam sloop-of-war USS Pawnee, steam sloop-of-war USS Powhatan, transporting motorized launches and about 300 sailors (secretly removed from the Charleston fleet to join in the forced reinforcement of Fort Pickens, Pensacola, FL), armed screw steamer USS Pocahontas, Revenue Cutter USRC Harriet Lane, steamer Baltic transporting about 200 troops, composed of companies C and D of the 2nd U.S. Artillery, and three hired tugboats with added protection against small arms fire to be used to tow troop and supply barges directly to Fort Sumter.[13][14] By April 6, 1861, the first ships began to set sail for their rendezvous off the Charleston Bar. The first to arrive was Harriet Lane, the evening of April 11, 1861.[15]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Sumter

>Doesn't invade middle East to end slavery
>Doesn't invade Africa to end slavery
>Doesn't invade South America to end slavery

It's not the Union that invaded because slavery, it's the Confederacy that seceded because slavery.

>Lincoln is dictator of the US
What is the uh legislative branch?

>It's the Confederacy that seceded because of slavery
Then it was the Union that invaded because of slavery - oh wait I'm not a retard and the civil war was fought over more than just slavery and the South seceded over more than just slavery

>All we did was declare war on a country for wanting to maintain control their sovereign land

Are you retarded?
>No they seceded after the election of Lincoln
That's why I cited his address you sperg. To prove that the South was irrational because Lincoln himself said he wasn't going to touch slavery.

Except Lincoln belonged to what party... That had a lot of power in uh... What branch of government?

>He actually thinks like a Dixiecrat

You people can’t be saved.

That's not the point. The point is that you said the South seceded because Lincoln was elected. I gave actual evidence that Lincoln said himself to the entire nation that he had no intention of doing away with slavery at all. You haven't provided any evidence that Republicans hostile to the South's belief in slavery were in power,had enough power to do away with slavery,or had the intention of doing away with it at all.

>The point is that you said the South seceded because Lincoln was elected
See
If you read through the declarations if secession , more than just slavery comes up desu

>He actually thinks like an old school republican
You people can't be saved

>You haven't provided any evidence that Republicans hostile to the South's belief in slavery were in power
That would be all of the Republicans hence the creation of the Mason Dixon line? Ffs the entire Republican party was founded by abolitionists of former Whigs and Democrats

>A different perspective
>The view of the vast majority of Confederate soldiers was that the civil war was primarily about slavery, as evidenced by their journals, personal correspondence, and post war statements
>call others revisionists

Either own the south or don't, but don't make shit up.

>Name a more autistic country.
The Boer republics
>Brits come along and outlaw slavery, declare blacks equal to whites under law
>Boers are so buttblasted that they uproot their lives and trek hundreds of miles into uncharted wilderness just to continue owning slaves

The Constitution of the US gives the federal government the power to put down any armed insurrection in the US.

There's no other reason the Union needed to go to war than that. The South went into open insurrection against the federal government, attacked the Union, and then proceeded to get put down.

The Union invaded our territory yank fort Sumter belonged to us

>Repeatedly missing the point
You're too young to be here, go do your homework

>Fort sumter belonged to us

No it didn't it was sold to the federal government legally. No backsies.

Everybody thinks basic human rights shouldn’t be infringed on, you memeing faggot.

>Everybody thinks the way I do you idiot
Not the guy you're replying to but are you retarded? Making such a generalization makes you sound like a mentally stunted boomer.

The Union forever! Hurrah, boys, hurrah!
Down with the traitors, up with the stars;
While we rally round the flag, boys, we rally once again,
Shouting the battle cry of freedom!