Did 16th century europe have the most aestethic armor?

Did 16th century europe have the most aestethic armor?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Cilician_Gates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Amanus_Pass
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mount_Gindarus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Mongol_invasion_of_Hungary
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, late 15th century is where it's at.

I see way more aesthetics around here

clowns costume

I freaking love armor like this.

>hhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg

>hhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg

shhhhhhhhh

>Posts 15th century
But you're right. How can gothicfags even compete?

ahem

legitimately sexy

that is not 16th century, but yeah i agree that it has the best aesthetic

Europe is way more stylish.

*routes your nobles*

*sacks Rome*

Truly Veeky Forums as fuck

>The samurai never faced the knight.

History is so boring.

A challenger approaches

Doot

*tips bascinet* m'paesant

My ancestor :)

How can Western Europe even compete?

>

Russian reproduction? Do we even have surviving examples?
Pic related, only face mask I’ve seen that’s not Roman.

When I am dead and cut open, they will find Patay and Ravenna and Marignano and Ceresole inscribed on my heart.

>posts early 15th century armour

What did he mean by this?

I think it’s too advanced to be Milanese or some other schmuck armour from the early 15th century.

It's literally Toby Capwell's early 15th century jousting harness. It's even on the cover of his book.

Byzantine and Eastern European armour = top notch

> Do we even have surviving examples?

Of course we do.

The issue is that all the eastern European stuff in museums is barely online and when it is online it's in their native languages or even in cyrrilic script, meaning our engternet does not even search them.

It would be pretty boring to see some Japs get uttely anihilated. Hiroshima all over again

> scaled armor

There are no such thing as an "American" knight you fart.

Where exactly did i make that claim?

Smug and snug

Helmschimd best armourer

I'm sorry but you need to step aside

What a disgustingly ugly helmet

>and than he said "what if we turn a horse and a man into a tank"

>knights get annihilated from long range like the romans at Carrhae

*tips long bow* Teikoku, kirishitan romaji a shit

Imagine how hot and uncomfortable this shit must have been

How about nyet?

>knights get annihilated from long range

"...drawn up in front of the cavalry, stood firm as a wall, and every foot-soldier wore a vest of thick felt and a coat of mail so dense and strong that our arrows made no impression on them. I saw some with to ten arrows sticking in them, and still advancing at their ordinary pace without leaving the ranks." - Bahā'al-Dīn

...and those were footmen, the knights wore even superior stuff.
...and that is just mail armor.

> like the romans at Carrhae

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Cilician_Gates

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Amanus_Pass

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mount_Gindarus

>meanwhile at Agincourt

The longbows at Agincourt didn't really kill a lot of people as much as they caused disarray and routing in a non-disciplined army.

>mongols literally annihilate east german and hungarian armies and teutones with horse-archery
>"but muh arrows dindu nuffin the sword is a man's weapon"-t. charles albert
also the tactics utilized at Carrhae were not the same in those battles. The Parthians engaged in melee instead of vaporizing the Romans from long range.

>what is poitiers
>what is crecy

why wouldn't i know about those battles?

Sir Pawel, I'm Lord CIA.

>Mail and Lamellar
HNNNNNG

Gay

nice corset fag
I'm sure everyone in the melee will appreciate how curvy your hips are

Why are Persian armors so Veeky Forums?

aye siwmae

>no surcoat over armor

Fuck off.

Only the old ones.

Almost all of them.

Give me a good looking armour after them sassanids.

Its really hard to find images of those, man.

>tfw no Renaissance Byzantine Empire

But they didnt need any renaissance

The Renaissance wouldn't happen unless they fell.

>ywn be a millionaire and own multiple suits of cool medieval armor to display in your personal private collection.

End me.

>tfw frogmouth helms are for jousting only

WHY

there isn't a single record of a French knight getting killed by an arrow at Agincourt

Whichever era had the Mosquito helm

This.

Plate armor is for cannon fodder. The ruling class wears breathable armor with a cape.

bascinet is an acquired taste. it wasn't designed with modern aesthetic sensibilities in mind.

modern scholarship isn't 100% on that. The type that you posted was definitely tournament only but there are earlier examples of bascinets, armets, and great helms with frogmouth-style visors that appear in a lot of depictions of battles.

if you actually know of a record I REALLY want to see it so I can get it published.

Unless you were laughing about the fact that it doesn't matter that none of them got killed by arrows since they got horribly routed and captured anyway.

nice opinion

Why the beak?

to increase the chance of deflection

No, that would be earlier

You opinion is deflected by my perfectly shaped beek.

>tfwywn ride into battle with your sleepy looking pig knights whose battle cries are turned into high pitched ooOooOo oOOo ooOOo oOOOOoo whistles through the flute-like holes in their helmets

Stabs at the face would just slide off

We wuz Qingz n sheet.

The Italian barbute, basically a steel revival of the Corinthian aesthetics.

Why does Qing Brigandine have no “pose”? It leans downwards and not upright and proud.

No

>The Virgin Manchu.
>The Chad Han.

>Standing in front of their own men they faced the archers with their chests so solidly protected with plate and mail and leather shields, that the arrows were either fended off directly or broken in pieces by the hard objects or were diverted upwards

English men-at-arms won Agincourt.

>today on reddit's episode of contrarian history: heavy cavalry and infantry effective against horse archers, legnica and mohi and carrhae never occurred. Longbows proved useless at Agincourt and Poitiers and Crecy, no records exist of a french knight dying to an arrow

You're still lacking those records

> >mongols literally annihilate east german and hungarian armies and teutones with horse-archery

They annihilated some hastly fielded feudal warbands supported by fucking miners and levies with the Teutons not being at Legnica, that is a myth.

So when they returned and faced an actually prepared army, fucking kek;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Mongol_invasion_of_Hungary

> The Parthians engaged in melee instead of vaporizing the Romans from long range.

That is because the newly recruited foot archers and slingers slaughtered any horse archer fag that came in range, so the catatanks had to go in instead, only to get wiped out by the Roman Chadvelins.

> The ruling class wears breathable armor with a cape.

Then why isn't he wearing mail instead of overlapping plates forming up a single surface causing the same exact issue as plate armor does?

> English men-at-arms won Agincourt.

This.

I love the look of the close helm more than the armet for some reason, something about the flapping cheek plates doesnt appeal to me

You are now aware that is exactly what the guy who owns 2000AD does.

Can we be sure the scenes showing frogmouths in battle are accurate? They could just be an artist who's never seen a real battle in his life and is drawing cool helmets he saw at a tournament once.

Yes, that is the argument often used, but the main issue is that it just appears far too often in battle imagery, it is not just one dude with an artistic license.

Some had argued that it was basically just a "charge helm", meaning that, because it was specifically designed for lancing and it have incredible protection from attack when in charge, it was used by knights to be worn during a cavalry charge(for maximum protection), and then taken off.