I'm tired of reading about the achievements of better men

> I'm tired of reading about the achievements of better men

he is right, isn't he?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodor_Morell
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only because you don't think you can become a better man.

>you know I had to do it to em

Not everyone can be a great man. Someone has to chronicle the history, make the food, and sweep the floors.

>tfw ywn achieve as much as hitler did

Just stop reading.
There, solved.

There are great men and there are good men, and they don't always overlap. Good men are always a boon, while great men may be not. If you can be both great and good, go for it! If not, then try to be good enough because men like such are what are needed to hold up the roof, as great men are few and far inbetween.

>as great men are few and far inbetween.
Good great men even more so.

In the words of the immortal Judge Smails, "the world needs ditch diggers, too."

You mean destroying a country then killing yourself? What a great "achievement"

This. One day I hope to destroy the German people, like based Hitler did.

Ah but here's the difference, Sam feels that way because he knows that there is a great evil to fight, and an opportunity for him to become one of those great men himself by fighting them.

What do we have? This is precisely the reason so many young men went to ISIS, and if some weird Christian equivalent of ISIS formed to reclaim the holy land or some bullshit like that, tons of Euros and North/South Americans that are either real Christians or aren't anymore but grew up in that culture and environment, would join that group and larp as neo crusaders.

I thought the appeal of history was to gawk in horror at the depths of depravity and evil humankind is capable of.

Nah, I always read history to live vicariously through great men who did things I would never be capable of

The point is to change it.

I couldn't imagine what it must have been like for hitler in those final days, knowing he was completely responsible for royally fucking over his entire nation and people.

Hey man, someone's gotta clean the fucking toilets.

But now machines dig the ditches.

>if some weird Christian equivalent of ISIS formed to reclaim the holy land or some bullshit like that, tons of Euros and North/South Americans that are either real Christians or aren't anymore but grew up in that culture and environment, would join that group and larp as neo crusaders.
They have that, europeans and Americans who left to side with the Kurds in fighting ISIS.

Thank you.

Samwell is a shitty maester, great man theory is a literal meme and not intellectually sound.

Didn't he end up saying that the Slavs were the master race or some shit near the end?

why did someone shoop a cartoon wolf behind him

Honestly, his fucking doctor probably had a hand in it. Not intentionally. But you can only consume large amounts of steroids and meth every day before it fries your brain and everything that comes out of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodor_Morell

This

Great Man Theory is how authoritarian-supporting retards glamourize their strong-man worship

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's completely true. You could be a great man by helping to improve your community and getting involved in politics or being a great businessman or something. Not as fun as fighting off hordes of undead or infidels though.

>Mehmed II conquered Constantinople and brought the end to the Roman Empire at age 21
>Meanwhile you're failing college at 21 and will eventually become a disgusting NEET

Because Archduke Mario fired his driver.