Why did Alexander the Great only expanded East?

Why did Alexander the Great only expanded East?
Did he fear the Roman warrior?

Romans weren't a big thing back then. He also did have plans to invade elsewhere but died at a young age due to his heavy drinking.

If you check historical, there was nothing fucking there in western europe. Just lots of forests and some primitive tribes. Not really worth conquering.

East was where the money was. Also, taking out the Persians was the goal of his father.
Although, he did have plans to invade Cathage/north Africa and up into the Balkans.

>Macedonians fearing 4th Century BC Romans

He planned on expanding westward after his Eastern conquest, but his sudden death prevented that

Which would you conquer:
>the richest and most powerful state in the known world ruling directly or indirectly 40% of the global population
>some small city-states

Why didn't he conquer Epirus? Did he fear the Albanian warrior?

He didn't "conquer" any of Greece per-say, you memer. He was the leader of the Hellenic League, 'nominated' as such, which Epirus were not part of.

No one wants pest species except Turks and Italians

>conquer everything in the East
Good, now to conquer the West!
>dies

the gods decided the west was not worthy of alexander's time

His mum was the daughter of the king of Epirus, I assume he didn't really want to have to attack his cousin when there were Persians to fight.

Epirotes were Greeks, descendents of the Myrmidons, and Achlles's son Neoptolomus/Pyrrhus. Alexander's mother Olympias was a Princess of Epirus, so there was an alliance between the Molossi of Epirus and the Macedonians of Phillip. Alexander's cousin though Pyrrhus king of Epirus tried to conquer Italy but ultimately he failed. As for Albania, there were the Illyrians there.

In reality, it was the Germanic people who scared him shitless. There's a reason why the Romans never managed to conquer Germania.

Any source that dacians were fair people?

Stop following me.

You dont have any trip or username so how can i follow?

Just answer pls

How about I bury your face with my nut sack instead?

Why you are so mean to me?

Are you gay?
I wouldnt want a man face near my nutsack

filtered

this post is bait but the Hellenic world was in fact very much wary of the people up north. Gauls and Germanics had raided and penetrated deep into the peninsula in the past, however by the time of Alexander they had become less of a present danger. Nobody wanted to slog through their shitty terrain and deal with them, though.

He died before he could
If only he lived long enough to see what he planned to do to keep his empire running optimaly

You're a conquerer. You want to conquer efficiently, so that you can conquer as much as possible in the short time you have on Earth.

Once you've conquered a good amount in the East, it's a waste of time to march your men West across lands you already control. Instead, head East, and conquer even more that is not yours.

Of course, eventually your men will cotton on to the fact that they are fighting and dying so far from home for little purpose besides inflating your ego. Then you will have to placate them, and march west to conquer stuff that is closer to home.

He simply died too soon.

Alexander did plan on expanding into Carthage for his next campaigns, who were by far the dominant force at the time as Rome was still getting its footing in Italy, but the man died before it could be carried out.

literally this happened

No. It was just not worth conquering. Tacitus wrote that Germanics must be native to Germania because no one would migrate to that shithole by his own free will.

>dacians
>gaymanic
Will it ever end

This

>died at a young age due to his heavy drinking

Read nigga ! main cause of his death was his old war wounds. one of his lungs wasn't functioning properly after he got hit by an arrow.

>tfw its true

but that's simply wrong.

>romans
>300bc
ok

They werent bad

>tfw alexander died before he could conquer and hellenize arabia, preventing the rise of islam

damned shame

Literally any slught change could prevent the rise of islam, one of the unlikeliest events ever

slight*

>what is the league of corinth

There was nothing really worthwile to the west at that point. All the rich lands lay east

>now to conquer the West!
>Arabia
>West

Why did Alexander the Great not expand into Japan?
Did he fear the Samurai?

Did Alexander fear the Bithynian warrior?

yeah heavy drinking of POISON

By that logic then why did Rome invade Gaul? There was nothing there but forests and some primitive tribes

TIL the father of your mum is your cousin

Imagine the world today if that had happened.

Like the macedonian empire combined with the roman.
Fuck me.

Thick forests and shit terrain stopped them more than fear of Germans.

Wasn't it near impenetrable forest and swamp right up to the middle ages?
It's a wonder there were any people there.

>one of the unlikeliest events ever
>not subversion

Roman was just a city state

the Diadochi wars just got a whole lot fuckier

Why didn't he invade Russia? was he a Putin agent?

That was justt propaganda made up by swarthy meds because they feared the Germanic warrior

He would have crossed the sea with his Macedonian veterans, amounting to not more than 30,000 men and 4000 cavalry, mostly Thracian. This formed all his real strength. If he had brought over in addition Persians and Indians and other Orientals, he would have found them a hindrance rather than a help. We must remember also that the Romans had a reserve to draw upon at home, but Alexander, warring on a foreign soil, would have found his army diminished by the wastage of war, as happened afterwards to Hannibal. His men were armed with round shields and long spears, the Romans had the large shield called the scutum, a better protection for the body, and the javelin, a much more effective weapon than the spear whether for hurling or thrusting. In both armies the soldiers fought in line rank by rank, but the Macedonian phalanx lacked mobility and formed a single unit; the Roman army was more elastic, made up of numerous divisions, which could easily act separately or in combination as required. Then with regard to fatigue duty, what soldier is better able to stand hard work than the Roman?

If Alexander had been worsted in one battle the war would have been over; what army could have broken the strength of Rome, when Caudium and Cannae failed to do so? Even if things had gone well with him at first, he would often have been tempted to wish that Persians and Indians and effeminate Asiatics were his foes, and would have confessed that his former wars had been waged against women, as Alexander of Epirus is reported to have said when after receiving his mortal wound he was comparing his own fortune with that of this very youth in his Asiatic campaigns.

Obvious shitpost. Your whole post is ignoring the fact the Romans in the time of Alexander was completely different. They fought mainly in hoplite formations and hadn't even subdued the Etruscans yet, let alone the Samnites or other neighboring Italians. They didn't have the manpower at this time compared to the Punic wars.

I'd like that :^)