Is there a real philosophical argument against suicide?

Is there a real philosophical argument against suicide?

no

What about killing others?

murder is a spook

You're not killing someone else though, you're killing yourself.

Are you a bit daft or implying that everyone is one?

I don't know if Stirner would go that far, but I've only listened to lectures about him.

>Are you a bit daft or implying that everyone is one?
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

>he isn't part of the collective hivemind

OUTSIDERS LEAVE REEEEEE

Call a hotline, user, for fuck’s sake

Categorical imperative

Reincarnation. Suicide is an attempt to escape from the sufferings of life, but suffering does not end with death if you reincarnate again. Thus in order to solve suffering permanently, you have to work towards moksha (liberation). Suicide also produces some of the worst karma possible, which makes for a hellish next life.

I believe that they would just be interested in keeping me around to sustain the debt system.

Thanks, but it's hard to relate to philosophies that require religious beliefs.

There is equal value in life as there is in death
Despite being able to be happy, if you choose to selfishly kill yourself, there's no one stopping you.

I mean if you lost both your legs in a shelling and you're bleeding out anyway, no one is going to blame you for blowing your brains out to end it faster.

>Is there a real philosophical argument against suicide?
-- It's taking the coward's way out instead of actually facing one's problems

-- It devastates the people who care about you

-- Most suicidal tendencies are temporary, most suicide attempters end up being grateful that they failed.

Read the myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus

if suicide results in bad karma that results in a bad next life and since reincarnation doesnt preserve memories, wouldnt the reincarnated me just kill myself endlessly through history?

I never saw much value in Camus or his interpretation of sisyphus.

Isn't it my life?

there's no reason to. lack of a reason to live doesnt mean you ought to kill yourself.

>Isn't it my life?
and as far as you'll ever know, it's the only one you'll ever have. Why would you squander it foolishly?

You think the person on the other side of the line wants to keep you alive and stop you from fucking killing yourself to sustain the debt system?

Reincarnation isn't based off of religious beliefs. You can directly perceive how karma works and transcend all material in a state of deep enough meditation.

Not necessarily, the contents of the mind vary from life to life. The mental conclusions that led to you suicide in this life may not be present in the next life, although suffering will definitely still be present. Additionally, in the lower realms, one does not have the capacity to commit suicide.

No, I think they want me to out of their own interest, unrelated to my own interests, inside of a system where ultimately, that is why they are employed.

I suppose that's fair.

Two directions, is there an innate value to human life or not?
If so, then the whole thing is simple. The loss of life is ultimately a loss.
If not, then you have to ask yourself is there a loss by means of value, capitalist notion really. By which, you'd need to simply value that person according to their contribution to society and the economy. Is it it a net positive or not?
There you go, unless you want help with how you value thing then that should do it.

Karma doesn't exists beyond the material world. You are reborn according to impressions in your mind, because the only thing that reborns is the mind (which is fake). In the end nothing reborns because there's nothing, only Sunya

Le 6 lokas is a meme to keep the normies in order

The "solution" of suicide is a false choice. You are unhappy in the realm of Maya but, instead of migrating to another of her realms, you mistake the image of suicide as a final answer.

But there are no final answers and you have no idea where "you"' will wake up next. So why not just dump your illusions and move somewhere else? The only people who win from suicide are the same jackasses who turned the world into a more miserable place.

Even for a human, suicide is sloppy thinking.

"I have only been around 1% of the world and seen a fraction of such and such. Therefore, it is all terrible."

Do you have a dog? You can't commit suicide while having a dog! You'd understand that loyalty and contentment are far better than what vision of the world you had.

So take the most important non-religious part.

You live seeing images and being emotionally bound to them. Then a whim of Maya shatters that image. You cry for the old image and wish for eternal life and wish for peace on Earth. But if you've experienced severe trauma/emotional depression, you know at one time you might have wished for eternal life and peace on Earth and a happy ending for everyone. And the world brutally crushed not only ordinary dreams but dreams of a higher sort of life.

And then you say "Enough".

> Posting about a philosophical look on suicide
>I never saw much value in Camus
shiggy diggy

>By allowing suicide so freely, you allow the possibility that all of mankind could universally kill themselves which is a disaster for mankind
>By personally committing suicide, you are not treating those who care about you as an end but as a means for your own pleasure

dont you want to find out?

I've traveled a lot. And yeah, you are right about dreams getting crushed where I live, but I won't feel like anything but an alien anywhere else.

Most of the famous ancient philosophers did believe in their gods though and opposed suicide in most cases because they believed our existence belonged to the gods and it was sacrilege to steal from them.

What if you die and become a disembodied mind with no senses? Just your own thoughts for eternity.

First point is tautological. Of course the end of mankind would be a disaster for mankind. Second point falls on two counts, one, it makes a moral assumption that requires further proof, namely, that it is "wrong" to use people "for your own pleasure," this latter being the second count, since that phrase ("for your own pleasure") could not be applied to the conception of suicide, since it is a necessary end to the totality of your pleasure.

Bad arguments, are you a continental?

Why not?

From a theistic frame work yes.

From a Darwinian framework it would limit your success at propagating your genes.

From a Darmic view it would add karma to your reincarnation cycle.

I don't care about what-ifs; if that's true, then I'm just delaying the inevitable for another 60-ish years.

you cant derive an ought from an is let alone nothing

then by not killing yourself you're only delaying the inevitable

Thoughts only exist a priori in the sense that they provide a necessary frame of judgement for the a priori groundwork for the possibility of experience that is intuition. Your proposition is nonsensical. Read Kant.

Stirner did explicitly go that far.
>I've only listened to lectures on him
What the fuck kind of slop-brained retrograde could lecture on Stirner and not make it perfectly clear that every idea can become a spook? He says nothing more for about thirty pages.

If everyone chose to kill themselves, then there'd be no one left to kill.