Is it okay to admit God is evil? Is that the reason we must fear Him: to shield ourselves from His calamity?

Is it okay to admit God is evil? Is that the reason we must fear Him: to shield ourselves from His calamity?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skoptsy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Something can't be evil if it doesn't exist.

I don't see how God is evil.

It is not okay to claim God is evil; also I think you have a poor idea of what 'fear' means when pertaining to The Lord.

the fake-Christians and their God are evil. Current God, Elohim, is not.
>you're evil too for talking trash to the savior of humanity.

It's because you have Satan trying to make you feel like God is evil when deep down God knows your flaws, your vices, and your sins. I know that deep down too but I still sometimes wonder if God considers me worthy to be saved. Truth is that we are all sinners that deserve eternal damnation, everyone one of us deserves it because were not perfect in the eyes of God, but that's okay because God sent his own son to die for humanity so that we could be saved regardless of our flaws.
So when you hear Satan or these thoughts that tell you, "God is evil, you should fear him," tell yourself, "I am a sinner, what of it?" "I believe that we are all doomed to eternal damnation, but I have trust in God, and he knows my flaws and my weakness and he send Jesus Christ to die on the cross for that, for that, I know that I am saved."

>all this kool-aid
don't drink too deep bro, you might realize that self-crucifixion is the only path

This isn't drinking the kool aid, I have a choice on whether or not I want to follow God, I haven't been to church in ages, and I haven't been active in serving God either, I feel like I want to start doing that again. Not out of becoming some born again Christian zealot or become some weirdo leftist cuck or an evangelical but simply because I want to.
Also this how I look at God. I can't claim to have all of the answers, and I can't claim to be a good Christian or a faithful man, but I also know and I believe that God is just and he is merciful.
I can't force you to believe that, but that is my personal belief on God.

Gods don't care about human words.

>God is evil

t. Satan

This!

God is a spook, user

But what about the problem of good? If all-powerful God was truly evil why there will be good in our lives?!

Other than what other people have told you and say evidence left laying around provided by other people (Aka the Bible), how could you know that god is good or evil?

Or that there is a god or that Jesus existed?

And how can you prove the Bible true without referring to the Bible as evidence?

> how could you know that god is good or evil?
Can't you just like check actions of God and do the judgment accordingly?

Goodness proceeds from God. Anything He does is inherently good (whether we like it or not), or else He wouldn’t be God at all.

So if we had trial by combat and said... If the dude wins he was probaly innocent cause God wouldn't allow him to win otherwise?

And maybe we should listen to that guy cause well God made him win so obviously it wasn't that dude that he just killed.

I mean I'm OK if you call children dying of terminal cancer and having agonizing death while they are still alive begging for it to stop a good thing.

I approve of all lowly humans who have not performed the immortality ritual dying slowly of terminal illness.

Why exactly is God responsible for the shortcomings of man?

I don't know. Ask the terminally ill child why they are shitting out their guts because of genetic disorder and prayer healing doesn't seem to work.

If an entity comparable to god is real, it probably would exist on a whole other level from humans, being able to think and act at a capacity that we would never be able to fully comprehend with our tiny minds.
A being with the cosmic magnitude of god would likely see our thought processes as we would view the brain of an insect. Likewise, us trying to understand god would be akin to an insect trying to understand human morality.
So no, god wouldn't be truly evil. It would just be above our concept of morality and acting in ways that humans would never be able to totally understand.

If a god cannot be human and understand us and have it understand it, then it is not all powerful.

Therefore not a god.

> Goodness proceeds from God
So is evilness as God is the creator of everything.

Why would an all-powerful creator God be obligated to ease human suffering? Like I said, it doesn’t matter whether we like it or not. If you want to blame someone, blame the parents who had the genetic disorder for conceiving a child.

> Why creator responsible for the shortcomings of creation.

Evil is that which contradicts good. It doesn’t “exist” as an independent entity any more than cold exists independent of heat.

To the contrary, it is the good that doesn't exist as an independent entity and only a shadow of an evil.

>I took a dump on the floor this morning.
>Why hasn't my turd cured cancer yet?!!
>Maybe if I piss on it, it will get on that.

He isn't obligated, but it literally takes no effort for him to do the good thing. So if he chooses to just ignore the problem it makes him neutral at best. No good person would just let the suffering be if they can stop it without any effort.

>flooded earth killing 10 billion people
>destroyed multiple cities
>sent his own son up to die

>"but he did it for our benefit"

Hrm... I'm OK if you are advocating the forced extermination of all mankind in a fiery hell storm off nuclear winter.

You fucking autistic dumb ass.

Mankind has been around thousands of years before people know what genetic disorders were and how to test for recessive genes.

Fucking how many kids died of shit before we even had modern medicine. People thought that shit was the fucking humors. Did the bible tell us about genetics and how to wash our hands (OK. The washing hands was in there, but apparently the Christians thought they didn't have to do that Jewish witchery)

>implying humanity wasn’t interbreeding with demons
>implying the cities didn’t sacrifice infants to Moloch
>implying Christ isn’t God
>implying it matters what humanity thinks of God

Are we talking faith through actions or faith alone?

Cause I'm pretty sure it matters what you think if its solo fida scripture.

>implying God actually cares about us as individuals
>implying he doesn't view humanity as his own personal ant farm

I’m saying humanity’s perspective on what is right is just that: a perspective.
God (capital G) has to be the highest embodiment of good, or else He would only be a powerful being. If God is God, then He must by definition be good. No human opinion will change that.

It would understand us. It just wouldn't care too much about what we think. Why should it bother to? We're just insects to it.

He isn't. Just about every case of 'evil' in the Bible boils down to:
>God: I'm giving you all a homeland, please be faithful and trust in me
>Israelites: *immediately worship other Gods, live sinfully*
>God: I'm sending a prophet, listen to him
>Israelites: *ignore the prophet*
>God: You leave me no choice *sends foreigners to drive them off the land*
>Israelites: why was God so mean to us?

And before you ask, the point of Job isn't about the actual tragedy, but he refuses to admit any perceived sin because he knows in his heart he's pious (the ancient Israelites believed that being sinful would lead to real-world consequences).

Definitions are human opinions, user.

> listen to what I say or I will murder you all
Basically, every case of evil in the Bible boils down to God being the tyrant?

Again, so the suffering of children through natural causes is good because I am OK with that?

And if you say its their parents fault, but I'm pretty sure that point is lost on the child.

>eat rats covered in boils
>be surprised when you get covered in boils
There’s a reason why Leviticus prohibits eating scavengers.

So an orphaned child on the street is responsible for the fact their only food source is rats?

Also wash your goddamn hands and take baths like the fucking Jews said and stop eating bacon.

Depends on what you mean by “good.” If you mean pleasant, satisfactory, immediately beneficial, etc., then no, it is not good. Divine goodness is just whatever relates to the nature of God.

I should go to bed, but I found this interesting.

I think you are missing the point. I'm talking about the suffering of children who for whatever reason have been put in that situation with various afflictions through no fault of their own and probably can't read and could already be deaf and blind.

> whatever relates to the nature of God
Basically, this is what is good for God? This sounds like a scam at this point.

Is desirable that god created a world were children suffer without recourse for the child? Especially if baptism rules send that child to hell if they were born in a non-christian location.

Or all children go to heaven... Then the optimal solution to save all souls from here to eternity would be to abort everyone who is currently pregnant and sterilize the rest of humanity.

Then no more souls go to hell.

Which if we go back to "The parents are responsible for the child's suffering (which we are children if we have imperfect information about the universe)" then the most human thing to do would be to terminate early before eternal damnation is allowed.

Actually many early Christians believed something the lines of this, but they didn't have kids so those sects died out.

Though it happened in modern-ish times.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skoptsy

Thanks, I’m enjoying this discussion.
As I see it, suffering is inevitable. Yes, some pains are obviously more intense than others, but they all resolve, either in healing or in death. You may or may not believe in Original Sin, but that is why the concept exists (not only in Christianity, but in every major religion): to explain human suffering.
I’ve known people who prayed for a new car and got one within a week. I’ve known people who prayed to cure their son’s cancer, only to lose him. Maybe I’m just pessimistic—maybe this is my way of keeping my faith in God while acknowledging that suffering is always present throughout life. God doesn’t have to care about us, but He chooses to... sometimes. I know it’s cliched (and even hurtful) to tell someone that everything works out for the best, but what other answer is there? If there is no greater good, no eternal life to strive for, then things are worse, because existence would just be a meaningless taunting of the soul.

God probably doesn't know you exist.