Greece is holding a forum for Ancient Civilizations

Greece is holding a forum for Ancient Civilizations.

>Apart from Greece and China, the countries invited are Egypt, Bolivia, India, Iraq, Iran, Italy, Mexico and Peru which represent ancient civilizations such as the Egyptian, the Roman, the Persian, the Chinese, the Mesopotamian, the Mayas, the Incas, and those of the Indus Valley.

Is there any other country they could have invited? Surely this isn't it.

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2017-11-team-rare-minoan-sealstone-treasure-laden.html
cam.ac.uk/research/news/ancient-dna-reveals-genetic-continuity-between-stone-age-and-modern-populations-in-east-asia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>we win ancients and shiieeet

sardinia and finland

The BLACK glorious empires of WE, WUZ, KANGS, and SHIEEEET

israelis, tunisians

These things are always full of ridiculous political bias. Obviously the Israelis and Turks should be allowed to participate, even the Armenians, the Spanish, Tunisians, Thailand and Cambodia also have ties to "Ancient Civilizations." I guess it all comes down to scholarship?

comes down to being poor and pathetic enough to ask to join

Sardinia still isn't charted and you can't get there anyway

>represent ancient roman and Mesopotamian socities
I can't decide which is more delusional

be more salty snownigger

Is this forum really necessary? What are they gonna do there other than IRL shitpost?

what are they gonna talk about? How great they all were back 800BC?

I imagine it's not really about the forum but the smugness you get from being there.

>bolivia
>peru

>no lebanese to represent the phoenicians
Into the trash

The USA needs to talk them into allowing some representatives for native North Americans and then send a delegation of all white people.

Greece's foreign ministry will host an international Forum of Ancient Civilizations in Athens on April 24 (Monday) in a bid to promote cultural heritage and cooperation

should be admitted for keeping irish civilization alive

>promote cultural heritage and cooperation
sounds like WE WUZZING and converting to islam

How exactly are the Incas an ancient civilization? Not even the oldest civilization from the Andes Mountains by a long shot. In fact it's the exact opposite. They're the most recent.

> a delegation of all white people.
But that implies that there are white people in USA to begin with

You cheeky cunt

>inb4 BLM and Antifa protest this to shut it down because it is racist

They're all barerly related to "their" ancestors.

fuck off snownigger

phys.org/news/2017-11-team-rare-minoan-sealstone-treasure-laden.html

>le rape babbies meme

9 times out of 10 nomadic invaders cannot outbreed an establish urbanite populace. Literally anyone with a basic level of population growth understands this shit.

those ancient civilizations were black before white people genocided the native inhabitants like barbarians. they should invite countries from africa they are ignorant

Invasions cant, standard interbreeding does. The level of difusion would mean either too many people or almost none are true successors.

Sardinia is part of Italy, moron

they should have invited guatemala for the mayans

I don't know, i thought they were invited because of Norte Chico or at least the Chavin.
Inviting them because of the Incas is very ignorant

>Sardinia is the same as Italy

Speak for yourself.

They are Asian admixed but not pure Han.

First, second and last look same but other look different

Lebanon,Israel,Armenia,Ethiopia,Japan,Tunisia

Italians, Greeks and Chinese are pretty much the same as their ancient populations. Egyptians also are very strong related to ancient egyptians. Mexicans, Peruvians and Bolivians are kinda we wuzing though
I'm not sure about the rest

There is no such thing as "pure Han", "Han" is originated from the name of "Han" dynasty, similar to "Romans" of "Roman" Empire. I thought this is already common sense here.

As for "race", Han Chinese are pretty much remain the same linage largely.
cam.ac.uk/research/news/ancient-dna-reveals-genetic-continuity-between-stone-age-and-modern-populations-in-east-asia

But I know some of you will keep denying no matter what, so believe it whatever you like.

It's part of it

Baby this is gonna be like Veeky Forums but pumped to 11

right on brother, praise kek!1

>Latin American countries representing incans and mayans
That's like inviting the Germans to represent the western Roman empire, they're the ones that destroyed it.

Most Mexicans and south Americans are basically Spanish speaking natives.

Most of them are mixed actually, and there's more white hispanics than pure natives.

Why you say german destroyed the WRE?

>we wuz ancients n shieet

The Mexicans I see look nothing like europeans

Because most of them are mixed.

anyone who wasnt a rich fuck didnt move around at all. Any farming villages would have had the same genetic make up for years unless there was legitimate raping, most cases they would just kill the baby anyways.

>Pure Han
The Han in itself is an ethnolinguistic clusterfuck of people who identify to what is considered mainstream Chinese cultural identity. An Imperial identity so to speak.

Arguing that the Chinese do not have a connection with their ancestors on grounds of meme race is largely stupid considering those selfsame ancestors accepted the likes of emigre Iranics, and various Nomadshits as Chinese upon cultural assimilation.

Sounds like a good initiative when you think about how Palmyra was dynamited recently.

>Turks
>Ancient civilization
They all unanimously believe that they are descendants of Turanics. You'd have to convince the Turks to start wewuzing.

WÔMEN

There arent that many dirt poor people in Europe anymore

SHÌ

Syria and Turkey both deserve a spot but you couldnt keep either in the same room without armed guards.

Did they invite Moors?

>Syria
yes

>Turkey
what the fuck are you smoking?

That nigga in the front looks like he's gonna explode

Look at his face

Plenty of Turks believe(d) they were related to Trojans.

They knew very well they were lying to themselves. Mehmet II was full of shit so he could justify the conquering of Greeks.

It looks like he's about to cry

There are still -some- parts of Turkey with ancient people and quite impressive archeological sites, disregard the mongrels in Ankara

Nice try user, all those people were exchanged, kicked out or genocided up until 2006. Turkey is full halal now.

All people of the Nordic race in general.

>one non-IE shitskin is a proof that Indo-European Greeks were not of Indo-European (Nordic) race.
No.

Ayyy

God that is so much bullshit

What are they gonna talk about? How they were relevant at one point in history thousands of years ago?
no wonder fucking greeks iniciate this, since they got nothing else to be proud of

Don't get me wrong, Turkey as in the geographical place has many archaeological wonders worth admiring, but the ancient populations that lived there and built them have long gone extinct or been genocided by the invading Turks.

Some Cappadocian Greek settlements might date back to antiquity still, but those have nothing to do with the Turkish identity as a state, which is built upon conquering said ancient civilisations.

Why does that matter in any way whatsoever?

Surely the point of such a forum is the conservation of antiquities, developing curatorial/archaeological approaches and cooperation between countries.

Turkey is host to some of the most important ancient archaeological sites in the world. What do you gain from excluding them?

The ethnic profile of modern populations relative to ancient civilisations is only relevant if this is a forum for larping and backslapping over millennia-old ethnic accomplishments.

The forum is about promotimg cultural heritage. The Turks have denounced all their ancient heritage in favour of islam, genociding their natives and destroying many monuments.

It's not about the genetics of the populations itself, it's more about the cultural identity of the populations. Greeks, Italians, Egyptians, Indians, Mesopotamians, Chinese etc. treasure their ancient cultural heritage, and might identify with the ancient populations on some level, culturally or racially.

The difference is that the Turks celebrate the destruction of the ancient people/civilizations they conquered, they don't treasure their heritage, they denounce it in favour of Turkish culture. The only reason arguably that they preserve their archaeological sites is tourist money, not any collective cultural identity.

>The Turks have denounced all their ancient heritage in favour of islam, genociding their natives and destroying many monuments
How many pagan temples are still standing in Europe? How many Europeans are still practising the same religion their forefathers practised 2,000 years ago? How many European countries have been free of invasion, assimilation, genocide and rape? How many Europeans speak a language that would be anything more than vaguely intelligible to the people that inhabited their lands thousands of years ago? Religion, culture, language, ethnic makeup - these things change with time. Why are we pretending that Turkey is somehow remarkable in this regard?

In any case, multiple studies suggest an elite cultural linguistic replacement model for indigenous Anatolians. These peoples didn't just disappear - they were assimilated in very large numbers. Modern Turks are mongrels, everyone knows that. Almost none of them have predominantly Turkic heritage. You can spot the Turk 99% of the time if you put them in a room of Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Kyrgyz or Uyghurs. They look very different, have a significantly different genetic profile, have a claim to multiple cultures in terms of their heritage. To deny that would be idiotic.

If you ever go to Ephesus or Hierapolis or Miletus or Troy or anywhere in Capadoccia, you'll see plenty of appreciation for non-Turkic history.

I dunno, maybe it's because I've traveled to Turkey and enjoyed visiting the ancient ruins there and don't see why we shouldn't look to enhance that experience for future generations. It seems churlish to exclude them for the reasons you've given.

Nobody mentioned any other Europeans

I didn't say they did.

>How many pagan temples are still standing in Europe?

Most of them, we just call them "Christian churches" now.
>How many Europeans are still practising the same religion their forefathers practised 2,000 years ago?
How many Turks are?
>How many European countries have been free of invasion, assimilation, genocide and rape?
Yes, Turks have been a terrible scourge for Europe
>How many Europeans speak a language that would be anything more than vaguely intelligible to the people that inhabited their lands thousands of years ago?
Most of them could have made themselves understood. Not French people, obviously, but a modern German or Italian could make himself understood to his ancestors 2,000 years ago.
>Religion, culture, language, ethnic makeup - these things change with time. Why are we pretending that Turkey is somehow remarkable in this regard?
Because Turkey has no culture.

You mean like the Parthenon?

>How many Europeans are still practising the same religion their forefathers practised 2,000 years ago?
Well, perhaps not 2000 years ago, but Catholic and Orthodox countries like Italy and Greece come close. If you mean pagan religions though, you're right.

>How many European countries have been free of invasion, assimilation, genocide and rape?
None, but there's a big difference between invasions, massacres, rapes during the middle ages and 3 (three) genocides all perpetrated during the 20th century. One is an once-in-a-lifetime happening that is treated as a mistake, with regret. The other is a way of life. Very large difference.

>How many Europeans speak a language that would be anything more than vaguely intelligible to the people that inhabited their lands thousands of years ago?
Persians maybe? Greeks also mostly understand ancient greek although don't speak it fluently. I agree with you though, that is irrelevant, these things change.

>They look very different, have a significantly different genetic profile, have a claim to multiple cultures in terms of their heritage.
Right on the first count, wrong on the second. That's the point I raised before, genetics by itself doesn't entitle someone to a cultural heritage, cultural identity is built when there is a community sharing that. But even this is irrelevant. The point is not whether some communities exist in Turkey that adore their archaeological sites and study their cultures - they do. That happens everywhere. But that interest is NOT reflected by the state position of modern Turkey and the collective culture of the majority.

You're not the only one that has visited and admired ancient wonders in Turkey. But you have to understand that there is a distinction between simply having some sites in your territory and a representative government admiring and promoting these ancient cultures and their prseervation.

>How many Europeans speak a language that would be anything more than vaguely intelligible to the people that inhabited their lands thousands of years ago
Slavs, balts

>Most of them
You think *most* pagan temples constructed in Europe are still standing today? Let's not be silly here. While many were destroyed and had churches built over them that's hardly a celebration of cultural heritage.
>How many Turks are?
So we're going for a 0-0 draw here.
>Yes, Turks have been a terrible scourge for Europe
Lol. Can't argue with that.
>Most of them could have made themselves understood. Not French people, obviously, but a modern German or Italian could make himself understood to his ancestors 2,000 years ago.
I think you're pushing it by saying most of them. I can't understand 1,000 year-old Old English, let alone whatever language Boudica spoke. We don't really have a good idea of what Germanic languages sounded like prior to 1200-1300 years ago so that's a difficult one to argue about too.
>Religion, culture, language, ethnic makeup - these things change with time. Why are we pretending that Turkey is somehow remarkable in this regard?
>Because Turkey has no culture.
I disagree.

Corded Ware stronk, Bell-Beakers we war you...

>India
holy fuck i am triggered.
Why is India given credit for the ancient civilizations of the Indus Valley? Pakistan should be invited instead.

Lol, because a good chunk of it was in India, my Polish/Paki "friend"

>You mean like the Parthenon?
Yeah, exactly like the Parthenon. The number is very small. You've got a handful of extant temples remaining. Let's not pretend that the Turks were the only ones who tore them down.
>None, but there's a big difference between invasions, massacres, rapes during the middle ages and 3 (three) genocides all perpetrated during the 20th century. One is an once-in-a-lifetime happening that is treated as a mistake, with regret. The other is a way of life. Very large difference.
You're right about the heinousness of shit like the Armenian Genocide. The fact that they still won't acknowledge it on a state level is a huge negative when it comes to historical cooperation and if they've been excluded on these grounds then I would have to say I agree with the decision.
>They look very different, have a significantly different genetic profile, have a claim to multiple cultures in terms of their
>Right on the first count, wrong on the second. That's the point I raised before, genetics by itself doesn't entitle someone to a cultural heritage, cultural identity is built when there is a community sharing that. But even this is irrelevant. The point is not whether some communities exist in Turkey that adore their archaeological sites and study their cultures - they do. That happens everywhere. But that interest is NOT reflected by the state position of modern Turkey and the collective culture of the majority.
>You're not the only one that has visited and admired ancient wonders in Turkey. But you have to understand that there is a distinction between simply having some sites in your territory and a representative government admiring and promoting these ancient cultures and their prseervation.
I respect your argument on this front. Maybe I didn't quite grasp what you were saying with your earlier post.

> The number is very small

lol

I don't know enough about the Balts to comment but I believe the Slavs migrated to most of the lands they currently occupy within the last 2,000 years.

2000 years is a bit of a stretch. Try about 1500

Actually none.

*almost none

>The number is very small
Well, not so small, but the diminished number is because so many of them are so ancient. The Parthenon is a good example, non-Europeans were not very interested in preserving it, Ottomans specifically used it as a munitions storage, knowingly endangering it. Not that the Venetians were any better for blowing it up, but they weren't the ones that involved it in the first place. Plus, natural events over time will inevitably lead to the collapse of many temples. It's no coincidence that Greece has so few preserved Parthenon-like temples compared to Italy and later Roman temples styled after Greek ones. The later temples will stand longer, simple as that.

The rest I think we agree on. At the end of the day, it's NATIONS taking part in this forum, not communities of people that are fans of ancient civilizations. The nation is the unit here, and if the nation/nation's culture represented by the government is not in the business of promoting ancient heritage, but rather suppressing the influence of other cultures on the modern state, then it has no place in such a forum. I think that's the rationale behind this non-invitation.

Corded Ware were Proto-Balto-Slavic speakers.

Relative to how many once existed, yes.
Indeed.
Thank you for your posts, I've enjoyed the discussion.

Oh yeah, the biased map made by the Paki sure showed me

>no Israel
HAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA

What's the point of that meeting? Of all of those, only China and India are relevant.

>only China and India are relevant

>invite old rival Persia
Okay that's cool
>don't invite old master Italia
That's not cool.

Wait disregard my post, I missed Italy there.

Lebanese aren’t Phoenician

That isnt true for any of the countries mentioned

Peru and Bolivia are both majority indigenous also

me on the left