In the past, i have disparaged, denigrated, insulted, and even blasphemed the True Dharma of Pure Land Buddhism...

In the past, i have disparaged, denigrated, insulted, and even blasphemed the True Dharma of Pure Land Buddhism. But now, i realize that this was due to my ignorance and my pride. What a fool I was. I thought that such a lowly being such as myself could be liberated by my own works, but now i realize that i am a wretched and sinful being. I now am given faith in Amitabha Buddha and His Vow to save all sentient beings, not from my own works, but from the infinite compassion of Amitabha Buddha. I now repent of my blasphemy.

I call upon everyone here to entrust themselves upon being saved by Amitabha Buddha. Amitabha Buddha will save you from your wretched selves out of your painful samsaric existence. Amitabha Buddha, out of His compassion for all sentient beings have built up infinite merit and realized his Pure Land Sukhavati, where those who entrust themselves to Him, and call upon His Name with the true desire to be reborn there, will be reborn in His Pure Land, where we will be guaranteed to achieve enlightenment by Amitabha Buddha because of His works and vows.

Homage to Amitabha Buddha. Homage to the Buddha of Infinite Light and Life. Namo Amitabha.

Call upon Amitabha even as little as 10 times, with sincere faith and desire to be reborn in His Pure Land, entrusting yourself to Amitabha, and you will be reborn there!

Say it 10 times! Namo Amitabha

Pureland is the dumb Buddhist route.

Praying to a special buddha in special heaven to help you reborn in that special heaven so you can meditate/reach enlightenment in that special heaven is the farthest thing from Buddhism. Buddha's last words were "Be a light unto yourself; betake yourselves to no external refuge. Hold fast to the Truth. Look not for refuge to anyone besides yourselves"

Friend, i was just like you, looking down at the Truth of Amitabha's compassion. I now realize that it was just my ignorance and my pride talking. But now I humble myself, knowing that no matter how dumb I am, if I entrust myself to Amitabha, I will surely enter His Pure Land, for Amitabha has compassion even for dummies like me. Now perhaps you are wise, and can enter nirvana on your own. But for me, I find that Amitabha has already assured me salvation. You can be assured of Amitabha's salvation too! Just entrust yourself to Amitabha! Call upon His name! Namo Amitabha

wonder if youll be singing the same tune 3 years from now when the exultation of novelty wears off

bengis

Me too. I don’t understand what they are on about.

mahayana is fucking stupid
this is what happens when you take the bodhisattva joke too far

If I'm still alive in 3 years time, I'll still be grateful to Amitabha Buddha for saving me. If I'm dead, that means I'll be reborn in His Pure Land

Yet, it's the most influential branch of Buddhism in East Asia, probably in the world as well.

Mahayana is an expression of the truth that both compassion and wisdom is necessary for our salvation.

>salvation

You done fucked up.

Well you can use other words like liberation, enlightenment, deliverance, etc. Escaping dukkha is salvation to me. Whatever you call it, know that by entrusting yourself to Amitabha Buddha and calling upon His name, you'll get it. It's easy as that

reminder that there are Christians RIGHT NOW who claim Christianity and the teaching of dhamma are the same teachings, or that Jesus attained nirvana.

Jesus did not vow to liberate all sentient beings that call upon his name by bringing them to his pure land to attain guaranteed enlightenment. Jesus does not even have a pure land, nor was he mentioned by Shakyamuni Buddha in the Sutras. So it's important to call upon an actual Buddha, who has made actual vows, and has an actual Pure Land ie Amitabha Buddha

>being saved
"No."

Islam is the fastest growing religion and that doesn't makes it true

Not the one you're replying to but:
influential != fastest growing

Meditation makes people highly impressionable.

Nah Pureland is legit but they don't understand that there are many grades you can get in the in the pureland of Amitabha and they falsely think they will get the reward of a dedicated monk if they just sprout his name once.
Yeah Amitabha vowed to let all beings being reborn if they call upon his name but they will just stay inside a giant lotus if they don't deserve better.

In the past, i have disparaged, denigrated, insulted, and even blasphemed the True Gospel of Jesus Christ. But now, i realize that this was due to my ignorance and my pride. What a fool I was. I thought that such a lowly being such as myself could be liberated by my own works, but now i realize that i am a wretched and sinful being. I now am given faith in Jesus Christ and His Vow to save all sentient beings, not from my own works, but from the infinite compassion of God. I now repent of my blasphemy.

I call upon everyone here to entrust themselves upon being saved by Jesus Christ. Jesus will save you from your wretched selves out of your painful earthly existence. Jesus Christ, out of His compassion for all sentient beings have built up infinite merit and realized his Crucifixion, where those who entrust themselves to Him, and call upon His Name with the true desire to be born-again, will be born-again in His Divine Kingdom, where we will be guaranteed to achieve salvation by Jesus Christ because of His works and sacrifice.

Praise be to Lord Jesus. Praise be to the Father of Infinite Light and The Holy Ghost. Amen.

The church fathers' fanfiction really make that man whose name their movement took look bad while he himself refrained from this wankery.

Imagine if bitcoin crashed right now