>Novice Programs & Routine tips
fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

health.com/microsites/challenge/core-challenge.html?email-signup=true&xid=challenge2016-tracy-pop
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is mine, you wouldn't be able to read my leg day because it's in elder futhark to everyone but me
goes like this
ABCABCX
A
Decline 6 Second Bench
3 Sets 5*10 Reps
Flat/Incline Bench Press
3 Sets of 8-12 Reps
Standing Cable Flies UP/DOWN
3 Sets of 12-15 Reps
Cambered Bar Preacher Curls
3 Sets of 8-12 Reps
Hammer Curls
2 Sets of 12-15 Reps
Standing Curl
2 Sets of 15-20 Reps
Over Head Triceps Raise
3 Sets of 8-12 Reps
Cable Pull Down/Over SS
2 Sets of 12-15 Reps
Tricep Dip
2 Sets of 15-20 Reps

B
DeadLift
3 Sets of 8-10 Reps
Lat Straight Arm Pull Down
2 Sets of 8-12 Reps
Close Grip Lat Pull Down
3 Sets of 10-12 Reps
T-Bar Row
3 Sets of 12-15 Reps
Assisted Pull Up
2 Sets of Failure
Seated Arnold Press
3 Sets of 12-15 Reps
Over Head Press
3 sets of 8-12 reps
Seated Front Shoulder Raise
2 Sets of 8-10 Reps
Rear Shoulder Machine
Trap Shrug
3 Sets of 12-15 Reps

C= leg day

what's the best accessories to throw onto SS?

my upper body is severely lagging, and my bench specifically is way under par.

i've thrown chin ups into the past few workouts and i'm getting some progression. anything else to consider?

trappy.
I NEED MONSTROUS FOREARMS
what do
dont care about making them strong. I WANT HUUUUUGE

You are definitely a nice buddy Trappy. I wish I could meet you in person to a little chat. No homo

What is the best upper lower if I'm lean bulking with aesthetics goal? PHUL or Lyle McDonalds generic bulk? Or is there really no difference

What is best upper lower for a lean bulk if my goal is hypertrophy? Lyle McDonalds generic bulk or PHUL? Or does it literally not matter

lots of volume

literally high volume like this

ur late for our date

I'm doing a 6 day PPL, each pull day do pullups. How do you guys go about progressing on them?

I'm thinking pull day 1 do 3x5 weighted, then pull day 2 do 3xMax.

I'd like to be able to do 20+ strict pullups and eventually muscle ups. Definitely my favourite exercise at the gym. Seeing pople doing heavy weighted or high volume pullups is more impressive than heavy deadlifts or squats I rekon.

>be trappy
>make thread
>never respond
what a fucking tease

she makes the threads and then fucks off for hours

i dont understand

Faggots' walk

ADJUSTABLE DUMBBELL-ONLY WORKOUT PLAN

Running (or any cardio): xxxRxRx
Lifts: xABAxBA

A
planks 3x45"
hanging leg raises 3x10
superman 3x45"
pushups (neutral - close - wide grip) 3x10
dumbbell flyes 3x10
lateral raises 3x10
dumbbell skullcrushers 3x10

B
pullups 3x10
chinups 3x10
dumbbell row 3x10
tricep kickback 3x10
curls 3x10
hammer curls 3x10
dumbbell side bends 3x10
dumbbell upright row 3x10

currently homegym only, will see if i can get a gym membership in summer and also start doing legs

plz post live suicide

why not DB shoulder press?

i need to buy more weight, currently have only 25kg in plates, been doing this for 5 months

Trappy whats a good warm up routine for squat diddly binch and ohp?

Its like people dont even lift here. Do a warmup set or two with the bar and then light weight 8-12

How do i trap mode with no gym

I feel dizzy doing deads, but feel fine on squats. What gives?

normal

I do the reddit 6 day ppl ppl routine. Pretty gud.

I'm thinking on how to balance lifting and bouldering so I could make gains in both. I don't really know how to approach it.
I'm thinking of using GS two day routine for that.

A Lifting:
Overhead The Press / Bench press alternating 2x5 1xAMRAP
Deadlift / Squat alternating 2x5 1xAMRAP
Accessories?

B Climbing.

AxBxAxBxA etc

Or maybe a split with bouldering as a pull day? I don't know anything about splits tho.

Pic unrelated.

If the bench is problematic in the bottom of the movement, do some chest accesorirs, like wide grip dips or chest flies, if you have problem on the top of the movement, do triceps accesories, like close grip bench press, close grip dips or french press.
If you're progressing on chin ups, don't do anything else until the progress slow, then add sone rows or pull ups.
You can add biceps curls, calves raises or some ab workout anytime you feel like.

Farmer's walk, and wrist curls in both directions.

Probably haven't learned to breath properly on deads

Dont feel bad about doing a plebbit routine, its basically a complete fucking rip off of coolcicadas ppl

Same, enjoying it immensely. I like working out almost every day.

bros I really want to try it

health.com/microsites/challenge/core-challenge.html?email-signup=true&xid=challenge2016-tracy-pop

as far as I can tell its basically just cardio 30-60 minutes of cardio 6 times a week

A : Chest & Biceps
- Bench Press 4x8
- Dumbell fly 4x8
- Incline press 4x8
- Decline Press 4x8

-Close grip preacher curl 4x8
-wide grip barbell curls 4x8
-hammer curls 4x8
+pumping

B: Shoulder Trapez Triceps

-dumbell military press 4x8
-lateral raises 4x8
-front raises 4x8
-rear deltoid 4x8

-shrug 4x8

-skull crusher 4x8
-triceps push down 4x8
+pumping

C:Legs , Back

squat 4x8
leg extensions 4x8
quadriceps 4x8
calf raises 4x8

lat pulldown 4x8
cable row 4x8
t bar 4x8

please comment on my routine

what version of the bench press is objectively the best for pec development.

incline dumbbell

those numbers of truth.

flat bench

makes sense to me. make thread, go about life, come back when there's a fair amount to answer instead of sitting around like an autist waiting for people to reply to

A slight incline variation with dips/some other volumous flat bench accessory.

no.

Except memecada's PPL is also shit.

yes.

Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some constructive criticism on my upper body routine. It's a lot of volume but I have the time and the energy. I alternate between the bicep curls and triceps work every workout, and the calf raise I do every workout because my calves are really lagging. Please don't just tell me it's retarded, tell me WHY it's retarded. Thanks in advance anons.

And pt 2. Btw the last two sets of the curls were with an ez bar.

what app is that?

It's called Strong. I'm really anal about the look of my apps, but it also works very well.

same here, i wanted an app the is as beautiful as SL 5x5

>squat is now the same as deadlift

Should I be worried?

Use chalk and switch your grip into over-under arm grip.

Grip isn't the issue. It's just I squat more often than I deadlift, so it's caught up. I suppose things will sort themselves out.

It's good, only thing is it makes you pay for it after tracking 4 workouts. I never pay for apps though so I figured a few bucks on one I'll use all the time won't break me.

increase volume. 3x5 isn't going to get you shit for size. skim 10 pounds off of your 3x5 and do 8x5. The 10 lb drop is so you're still using competent weight, but you can spend less time in between sets and also complete the extra volume.

Seriously. Low volume is only good up to a point. You have to go hard and ramp it up if you wanna get big.

how much accessory volume like curls, farmer's walk, lat raises and stuff can I throw in per session/week to get big without crippling my strength progress?

Depends on how much you're eating.

>broscience

No, volume, specifically the increase of, is ultimately the deciding factor in both muscle growth and overall strength.

It's been shown, scientifically, in multiple papers.

routine critique? numbers are in kg btw

I would never have thought to see such a shit routine. You have way too much volume for any decent strength or hypertrophy. In fact, I guarantee you start losing form at the second set of your work sets. And then you still got another 16 sets of at least 5 or more to go. Hang on, let me get you your ticket on a first class trip to snap city.

And you don't even move your routines around. You do two lifts and you go home. Da fuck? That's not incorporating assistance, that's fucking around and wasting space, just like you do when you do 22 sets of squats in the squat rack. 22 sets! That's going to take you at least 1.5 hours to complete... and you're taking up a squat rack doing a shit routine with half-assed form.

Unless you own a home gym, get on an actual program. Delete this shit.

>actual program
its 5/3/1 BBB - this is the actual program fucktard
the joker sets arent meant to be all done in the workout - normally max at 1 joker set, if that.
the first 3 sets are warmups and dont count for shit
the last 5 sets of the main lifts are light as fuck, and put no stress on form.

Tbh look for another program

>5/3/1 BBB

Nigger please. If you are doing light as fuck, you're not even challenging yourself. All you're doing is tiring out your muscles by going up and down and doing shit reps. Do some cardio if you want to do this. BBB implies you are still challenging yourself. By your post, you're not. You're just wasting time.

Again, get on a real program. Stop fucking around and get out there.

well i havent tried the program yet, so i dont know if ill be fatigued to the point of struggling with my light as fuck reps
the prior sets seem hard as fuck to complete, i just didnt make any mention of them because the point was that it wasnt promoting shit form by having these sets in.

Form will always be lost when your main stabilizers and synergists are fatigued. Doing 22 sets will guarantee fatigue and shit form after 6 sets, especially if this is something you never done before.

If you want bigger size, and more safely, do GVT. That's a better program and will have you doing more movements and reps, safely and effectively, than just two a day. At least with GVT there is more flexibility in the weight you use because the goal is to do 10X10 and then graduate up every time. The progress is easy to track and can incorporate more assistances to the compounds.

Anything? I know it can't be perfect.

>OHP
>Side Lateral
>Face pulls
>Shrugs

What shoulder exercises am I missing to achieve maximum boulders?

handstand pushups and jerks

Anabolics

>pls no bully

Hey guys... I was kind of reluctant to post my workouts after reading through all of yours...but now it seems I might need some help due to some people talking about having too much volume...I don't really know how that is a bad thing and why, but if you could explain to me that would be great..so..

I'm 350 pounds, so I'm obese and I'm 6'5. I started working out about 6 months ago and my current calorie intake per day ranges around the 2k area (which I put into effect 4 weeks ago and have lost 35 pounds since). I have ample time to work out and eat during the day, so after the morning workout I come home and sleep for an hour, which helps to cope with the high intensity. I go to the gym 4-6 days a week and change it accordingly, and last week I went 6 days and here's what I did:

Day 1:
Flat Bench: 4x8
Incline dumbell: 3x10
OHP: 4x10
Cable Cross (high): 3x12
Pec flies: 3x8
Horisontal chest press: 4x12
Skullcrushers: 3x8
Close grip bench: 4x12
Tri single hand pulldowns: 3x15

Day 2:
Deadlift: 4x6
Barbell row: 3x10
T bar row: 3x10
Seated high row: 4x8
Seated row: 3x10
Lat pulldown: 3x12
Face pull: 3x12
Hammer curls: 3x10
Isolation curls: 4x12
Barbell curls: 4x10

Day 3:
Sitting calve raise: 4x10
Squat: 4x6
Leg press: 4x10
Laying leg curl: 4x15
Kettle swings: 4x10
Lateral raises: 4x10
Shrugs: 4x10
leg extensions: 3x10 (mostly for the pump)

I do 10 minutes of cardio before every workout and about 20-30 minutes after each workout.

And the other 3 days I do the same things, but sometimes switching some secondary exercises over just to switch it up or do frontal squats and stuff like that...right now I've gotten more strenght and my lifts have gone up but I expect it to hit a standstill cause of my caloric deficit, but I do feel great...I didn't use to do so much shit but I always felt I had more energy left at the end of the workouts so I started doing more. If you could give me some pointers or something I only found Veeky Forums 2 days ago.

are handstands against a wall equally effective? I lack the stability to hold a handstand and push up at the same time

I'm fairly certain handstand pushups are done against a wall by default.

Way too much volume

You are new to working out. Simple is better. One targeted exercise is better than 3.

Read the sticky and look at how basic the templates are for the recommended exercises

>4x8

S-sauce?

A:
db bench 5x10 (alternate with OHP)
squat 5x5
ohp 5x10 (alternate with bench)
dips 5x10
db lateral raise 3x20
flyes 3x20
planks

B:
DL work up to heavy single, back off and do 3x3
chins 5x10
back extension 5x10
rows 5x10
curls 3x20
rear delts 3x20
hanging leg raise 3x20

Trappy, what are your thoughts on the programming to win programs for powerlifting?

trappy
pls
is squatting 3x a week rotating high bar / front squat fine>?

pic

Deadlifts
Weighted Chinups
Farmer's Walks
Wrist curls

:3

Sorry I was out yesterday ):

Dumping the pics

pic is an example of what I'd recommend

Is there a better way to get chinups up than 3xF?

My Dips have gone from 7 to 10, but my Chinups won't budge from 6

One last bump before I just assume it's good enough. Don't mean to be a bother anons I've just never had anyone else look at my routine.

Yes.

They're good from what I've seen.

Weighted 3x5 2 or 3 times per week, adding weight on every workout

Increase deadlift frequency perhaps?

Any. "barbell bench doesn't grow your chest" is a meme.
But using DBs is good if you wanna "feel it" in the chest, specially because you can extend your arms wide open at the bottom and squeeze them together at the top.

Do flat barbell bench as the main movement and add closegrip/dips, cable crossovers, paused spoto bench, and/or DB bench as accessories. Not all in the same day though.

There's a bit of info on biomechanics and hypertrophy on these links
fitsticky.com/novice-programs
fitsticky.com/lifts

I still have to write a big article on the bench though.

Can you just write your routine down? Would be easier for me to help.
If you wanna read more about programming you can check the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs and the Practical Programming (3rd ed) book.

>Farmer Walks
>Wrist Rollers
>Hangs
>Deadlifts
Each are great for grip strength and growing thick, solid forearms.

can i just do a farmers walk without walking?

Just do deadlift holds then. Deadlift a big weight up, hold it for as long as possible.

I'm deadlifting twice a week already (3day SS mod), but I had trouble with the technique and my Squat just wont stop improving

Sure, sorry didn't realize that would be easier. So I had two routines mapped out but after doing them a few times a realized some exercises just didn't work so well for me, so I started just winging it and this is what I've ended up with.

Flat BB Bench - 5x5 (One set is 3 reps, as it's my max of 225)
DB Pectoral Fly - 3x12 (30 lbs)
T Bar Row - 3x12 (90 lbs)
Lateral Pulldown - 3x12 (140 lbs)
EZ Bar Upright Row - 2x12 (80 lbs)
DB Shrugs - 2x12 (95 lbs)
Bicep Curls - 4x12 (35 lb DB or 70 lb EZ Bar)
(Triceps and biceps alternate between sessions)
Standing Calf Raises - 4x20 (100 lbs)

I don't know if the weight used was necessary there but I added it anyway. I've never followed a legitimate routine and I don't really want to. I'm studying to be a trainer and I kind of enjoy making up my own routines, even thought I'm well aware that other pre made routines work very well for people. I hope this routine doesn't look too retarded, I'm just kind of in between right now. By the way I do this in an upper/lower split 6x a week. Lower day being deadlift/legs/core and cardio day.

How do I get a bigger neck and inner butt/thighs muscle

to get a bigger inner butt muscle basically you gotta take a lot of dick

>inner butt

what do you recommend then? Was gonna start tomorrow on that exact PPL routine.

Hey trappy looking for a intermediate routine for maximum size, just finished my first linear progression.
Don't give me the strength TM meme pls.

I want to get big and juicey.

hey trappy
critique my routine:
A:
Bent over rows 4x6
Bench 4x6
Pull up/Dip superset 3xF
T-Bar row 3x8
Incline dumbbell 4x10
B:
OHP5x5
DB curls 4x8
Lateral raises 4x6
Tri extensions 4x8
Scottman curls 4x8
Tate Press 3x12
Superset Cablemachine curls and tri pushdowns 3xF
C:
Squat 5x5
Diddy 3x5
Calve raises 4x8

Work Abs whenever

ABCABCx

its awful, you're not supposed to do jokers and BBB, do only BBB.
Also your numbers are low for 531, I would advice you do other program or another variations of the 531. Ie.
A
Squat 5/3/1
Bench 5/3/1
assistance
B
Dead 5/3/1
Press 5/3/1
Asisstance

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

That way you progress faster, for assitance do chin ups and pll ups, dips and curls. Do easy cardio on oyour days off.
This is literally what wendler recommends for beginners

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'll def read all the material there. :) Does it also say what happens when you do too much volume or could you tell me?

I'm a small asian girl trying to get glutes pls help:

Barbell Squat 5x5 20lbs
Hip Addictions 70lbs
Hip Abductions 90lbs
Cable kickback 15lbs
Cable donkeykick 25lbs
Barbell Glutebridge 50lbs

What else should I do brehs, split shit up into various days? Add chest/abs day as well?

dropped theyre all 5x5