Red pill me on Protein powder

Red pill me on Protein powder

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/issa4.htm
samsclub.com/sams/premier-powder-van-3lbs/prod17150521.ip
ebay.com/itm/10lb-Unflavored-Whey-Protein-Concentrate-Bulk-Foods-Direct-/251884488843?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3705323/
livestrong.com/article/60597-protein-deficiency-risk-vegetarian-diet/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactic_acid#Exercise_and_lactate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's um...well, you see...the thing about protein powder is...

It's a meme.

It's for lazy people.

>drinking the powdered jew

Makes your farts smell GREAT

Its nice but expensive and not necessary. If you are too busy to cook good meals, then you could justify getting some

>protein powder in 2016
kys

>expensive
it really isn't. it's not the absolute cheapest protein you can find, but it's still pretty damn cheap

>Red pill me
Neck yourself.

IT ATTRACTS ROACHES!!!

Just fucking die. Your meme isn't even remotely funny.

How do you think they survived for so long?

>your meme isn't funny
I beg to differ.

>it's just one guy posting this

Your counter-meme isn't fun, fammy. So syhkys, pls.

Fuck everyone else OP.

Protein powder is a good way to consume protein if you are on a time constraint.

It works well and isn't that bad in price. Your average protein powder is 30-40 bucks for around 30 servings.

That's about a dollar per serving and considering it can be used as a meal replacement you're good.

I pay 15€ for 1Kg (40 scoops), what the fuck overpriced shit are you buying?

I use isopure and muscletech. What do you use?

Myprotein

its easy. and where i live whey is about 4 times cheaper as a protein source than any meat.

whey also has even better amino acid profile than meat and elevates MPS for a longer time

i pay 7€/kg for myprotein isolate, my local seller has some sick sales every now and then. unflavoured but thats not a problem and flavoring it myself only costs like 1€/kg extra.

Eh

its one of the most untested, and potentially one of the unhealthy foods in existence, dwarfing even ordinary factory processed foods. You have to be extremely careful in selecting a good one, or else you are getting 10 different sugar replacements, cancer causing agents and all kinds of garbage inside of it.

kek

I use isopure too. There is literally no problem with using half a serving to make sure you got everything for the day.

Just purchase ones that are GMP certified. They are independent and companies have to pay through the nose to get that certification.

I use isopure because it's one of the cleanest along with muscletech's newer line. It also tastes good.

They are a dietary supplement designed to help you reach your necessary macro nutrient intake, not steroids. Don't expect a miracle.

I've been shitting on protein powder since 2008. Glad to see you dumb fuckers finally listened to something.

Just eat your nutrition. Protein powder literally has no advantages, and it's not any more effective. I can tell you from personal experience that scooping that shit didn't get me any better gains over regular food; in most instances, it just left me bloated and tired.

The fitness industry is saddled down with bullshit claims at every corner. Their job is to keep you in shitty shape while encouraging you to get more fit; so you buy their supplements and you apply to their gyms and you hire their trainers. Fuck ALL of those people.

Buy a barbell.
Buy some weights.
Install a pull up bar.
Buy some free weights.

Now you've just made an investment of a few hundred dollary doos that will last your lifetime.

Thanks bra. Anymore anecdotes?

It's protein. Usually in powder form.

It's basically a meal replacement

Pound for pound it's cheap as fuck if you are smart about it. Wait on an offer from myprotein and buy in bulk and it's a bargain.

>If you are too busy to cook good meals

Or if you travel for work and only have the hotel microwave to cook with 9 nights out of 10

Protein powder is for bodybuilders preparing for competition. Use milk powder instead... Go compare the nutrition data for skim milk powder and whey powder and compare the cost... Dude you're getting raped... Financially

>milkpowder
what the fuck dude

>16g protein, 150 calories per scoop.

I mix 1 cup milk (120cal, 8g protons) with a cup of water and 1 scoop of proton powder. It tastes fucking delicious because its basically chocolate milk. Also placebo effect, makes me seek ALL SORTS OF GAINS.

Don't live off it just use it to give you an easy bump up to your minimum daily requirements.

Can only tell you shit about myself if you want more anecdotes.

Protein powder is the cheapest form of protein for me.
Why would I not use it?

It's less effective than eating a chicken breast, and I doubt it's the cheapest protein source if you're buying a quality powder.

People use protein powder because it's convenient; which is another way to say they use it because they're lazy cunts. Look at Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. His workout meal schedule is 9 fucking lean meals of carb and protein. He could easily substitute a lot of that eating with powder to save time, but he's not a fucking retard and understands that there's other nutritional benefits to eating real food over some dehydrated protein clumps.

Fuck what he says. Why the hell should anyone believe that?

He doesn't say he juices, but we all know he's doing it.

It's not what he says; it's what he does.

Everyone building muscle, juiced or not, eats their nutrition over using protein powder.

Oh yeah, let's compare my situation, a poor student, with that of a tall incredibly rich juicing Hollywood actor.

And yes, it is the cheapest protein source and I am buying quality powder.
I just get 5kg on sale.

How the fuck is it "less effective" than eating chicken?

Because there's more to nutrition than distilling out protein and only consuming that, along with some carb content, which is usually sugar for flavor.

It's lazy, and expect lazy results.

Most of your protein powder comes from whey, which comes from milk... the same milk everyone bitches about.

> muh hormones
> muh denatured proteins

Nobody suggests only eating protein powder, you dingus.
There is nothing wrong with adding one or two protein shakes to your diet.

I use Vegan Soy powder, how about that? it has not fat or cholesterol just some protons, sodium, and a lil bit of sugar

You're fucking retarded.
First of all, chicken breast is nothing more than protein as well. There's practically no difference other than whey actually has a better amino acid profile as well as it's faster digesting. Faster digesting proteins are shown to be more effective in muscle building (protein synthesis) than slow ones, which is why hydrolyzed whey is at the top of the list for ideal proteins.
You need to stop talking out of your ass.
It's lazy? Fuck you for having such a shitty reasoning, I hope you choke on a dick.
As to the other guy, go for it. If whey is your cheapest source of protein then there's no reason not to. Only you can be lazy or not. Foods can't be lazy. But this idiot can sure have an ignorant false sense of authority.

Buy non-flavoured

It's literally less effective than animal proteins for building muscle mass. Stay pleb.

> I don't understand the first thing about nutrition. I'm so far out of my depth I'm drowning, but I'll continue to post increasingly vague comments because I'm terrified of admitting I'm just hating on something because I saw someone else do it.

Good work fag.

Protein powder is a fitness industry meme. It's all dogshit.

bodybuilding.com/fun/issa4.htm

Here you go, faggot. 2 seconds in google.

Let's compare chicken to protein powder.

5lb thing of chicken breast from Walmart, ~$11
>165 calories, ~30g protein per 100g of raw chicken breast, no skin
>~3800cals and ~680 protein in that 5lb thing of chicken
>345cals and 61.8 protein per dollar spent

Gold standard whey protein, 5lb tub from Amazon ~$58
>1 scoop(74 per container)
>120 calories, 24g protein
>8880cals and 1776 protein
>153cals and 30.6 protein per dollar spent

Good to see that Veeky Forums is as retarded as the average person. Maybe if you faggots did some of your own research and fact finding, instead of spouting "knowledge" that you heard from someone else, you'd be better off.

Maybe if you could read you'd know that this link says protein powder is a totally fine protein source. How fucking dumb are you?

Try reading the whole thing, retard.

Fucking rekt. Protein powder is a fitness meme to generate money for some fucking guy who likes to boil milk all day.

Lol
>spending 58 dollars on protein

Are you illiterate or just retarded? Let me know, as then I can assist you with words or concepts you are stumbling on.

>more expensive
>less beneficial than consuming whole proteins

Really, read the whole thing; you fucking dunce.

good try, except 5lbs chicken breast is 16.5 euros in my country.
chicken breast isn't ~30g protein per 100g, it's ~23g protein.
so ~530g of protein in 5lbs of chicken.
and 32g of protein per euro spent.

last time I ordered whey, I got 5kg for 44euros.
80g per 100g protein, so 4kg of protein.
which comes to 90g of protein per euro spent.

OH, would you look at that?
Protein powder is about 3(!) times as cheap as chicken.

Get the fuck out.

>chicken breast isn't ~30g protein per 100g, it's ~23g protein.
Sure thing kiddo.

>cooked
you aren't buying 5lbs of cooked chicken breast, the weight is going to go way down when you cook it.

>buying pre-cooked chicken breast
sure thing kiddo

Eiwitten = protein

i wish i had the right reaction image

Why are dyels so against protein powder, it's cheap and it's one of the few protein sources with a 1.0 PDCAA score, chicken and beef are like .9.

If you think the supplement industry is getting rich off protein sales you're an idiot, that preworkout shit half you fags buy is an actual ripoff and costs way more and probably does less than say just regular caffeine pills with ephedrine.

>Less beneficial than eggs, the most effective protein source, so therefore entirely useless because obviously the only alternative to whey is eating two dozen eggs daily.

Yeah, you're retarded.

>The act of cooking adds protein
>mfw these are the people posting here

youre fucking retarded.

cooking makes the water weight go down because some water vaporizes.
there is less total mass so the total amount of protein doesn't go up.
only relatively (per 100g) there is more protein.

kill yourself for being this stupid

>Water evaporation makes more protein form
>mfw

fuck off shit troll

protein powder has its place as a supplement to your diet. it cannot be your diet.

Okay, I am about to stomp the "expensive" protein myth into the powder (get it).

1 bag of Tyson Grilled and Ready chicken has 7 servings of chicken. Each serving contains 19 grams of protein. This is at the price of $6.98 per bag (round up to 7.00). 7*19=133 grams of protein per bag. 133/7= 19 grams of protein per dollar.

1 Container of Body Fortress Whey Protein has 18, one scoop servings. Each serving has 30g of protein. These sell for 17.98 per container (18.00 rounded). 18*30=540g protein per container. 540/18= 30 grams of protein per dollar.

In comparison, you get 11 MORE grams of protein per dollar. Also you get 30 grams of protein per dollar.

Protein powder gives the best dollar/protein ratio. And protein is essential for building muscle.

Does this redpill you on protein powder?

hi anons,

What do you guys think about the musclepharma stuff? The cookies and cream taste seems interesting and costco has it pretty cheap. Im used to ON but I got tired of the flavor.

also i saw samsclub.com/sams/premier-powder-van-3lbs/prod17150521.ip at sams and it seemed real cheap but idk if it has BCAA's or anything like that.

>ready cooked chicken as a comparison

kill yourself shill

jesus christ why do people keep perpetuating this notion that protein powder is expensive

Great Value Whey Protein is 11.00 per bag. 20 servings with 21g protein per serving. 20*21= 420g protein per container. 420/11=38.1g protein per dollar.

ebay.com/itm/10lb-Unflavored-Whey-Protein-Concentrate-Bulk-Foods-Direct-/251884488843?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Flavorless 10lb Whey is 82.95 per bag (rounded 83) free shipping btw. 151 servings at 24g protein per serving. 151*24=3624g per bag. 3624/83=43.66g per dollar.

The whey has 5.56g more than the chicken per dollar and you don't have to cook.

Get shrekt faggot

error, great value chicken

Powdered jew

fuck off lirik

ok everyone is comparing this shit to chicken breast or talking about the price

but the whole fucking reason you don't need this shit is because of how you people are overrating how much protein you need

chances are you don't need as much protein as you think you do

>oh but I'm not eating enough each day so I need my protein

well, if you're not fucking eating enough, you're not getting enough calories, so who gives a fuck about how much protein you're getting when you're not even getting enough calories to build muscle

if you have a normal, doesnt even have to be fucking healthy diet, but you're getting enough calories, 99% of the time you're getting enough protein

why would i buy free weights

you dont build muscles with CALORIES you fucking idiot

Dude you are such a fucking idiot.
>>>/facebook/

because it is. legumes bought in bulk, eggs and chicken thighs bought on sale will always be way cheaper

you cant even proof me wrong youre the fucking idiot. same fag

youre dumb as fuck, calories in 100g of chicken are based off uncooked weights. fucking sperg acting as if hes right lmao

ok buddy then why the fuck do people bulk

you think you're gonna make fucking gains eating at maintenance? you need to be at a caloric surplus to gain fucking muscle you retard

but keep buying protein powder you shitty fucking DYEL

dude i just tricked you sorry

lmao what the fuck

yeah i wasn't serious

he's right you memetard. even in bodybuilders 1g / 1kg bodyweight is sufficient. but then that got turned into 1g / 1lb and now fuccbois are taking 4 scoops of protein powder a day thinking they're going to get swole when all they're doing is wasting money on the most expensive, least calorically dense macronutrient.

1g / 1kg. that means a 220lb man at 8% bf needs only 100g of protein. thats less than 2 chicken breasts.

source:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3705323/

it looked at over 150 studies

Protein builds muscle. Carbs, fats, and alcohol do not build muscle. They don't contain amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and proteins are the building blocks of muscles. Have you even taken bio 1? You can consume all of the carbs, fats, and alcohol in the world and still not gain one pound of muscle. Without an adequate amount of protein it is impossible to body-build.

Some foods contain barely any protein. See link.
livestrong.com/article/60597-protein-deficiency-risk-vegetarian-diet/

Athletes need more protein because they are constantly breaking down muscle tissue.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactic_acid#Exercise_and_lactate

On most diets one will not consume enough protein to adequately build/maintain muscle when rigorously exercising. This is why we need protein. btw I was not samefagging, multiple people are just recognizing how much of a retard you are.

this

1g/kg not 1g/lb

all these fucking DYELs hear about is GOTTA GET THAT PROTEIN when in actuality they're probably getting plenty from a normal diet

>wasnt even the guy you were replying to originally
>i dont even care about either side of your gay ass argument
>you just typed a bunch of bullshit no one will read
>i have tricked u

Ya got tricked dude sorry.

he may need ONLY 100g of protein, but who want to skirt the bare minimum protein requirements? I eat at 1g/lb because I know Im absolutely getting all my protein needs, with some extra to spare that gets converted to glucose who the fuck cares. Im not some poor fuccboi that cares about taking an extra scoop a day, ill do 2-3 scoops and eat the rest of my protein needs with animal protein/cottage cheese.

Whatever.

>less than 2 chicken breasts

what kind of babby chicken breasts are you eating?

What do you get out of that?
You clearly have a folder for these things, and I want to know how do you rationalize this unfulfilling behavior?