Who or what inspired you to lift?

Other urls found in this thread:

bakabt.me/torrent/164813/kenpuu-denki-berserk-g-p-bd-1080p-10-bit-flac
bakabt.me/torrent/162057/berserk-scans
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My bullies

My daughter, just want her to be proud of me

Same here famalam.

My fat parents. Never want to live with such diminished quality.

just felt like telling someone but I finally hit a LMAO2pl8 squat today, but I did it for 3, so I think I have a bit more for a 1RM
Ummmm...
>Valhalla
>Aesthtics
>Dragon Ball

that's about it

My nips poking through my shirt in hs, motivated me to lose 20 pounds in a couple month period

jason blahimo is a huge inspiration. got my planet fitness membership. their monthly pizza day helps with bulking :^)

1. I enjoy the process. I get a good high when I lift. It's fun.

2. It's just cool to see a you that is objectively better than the you yesterday. With all else being the same, it is objectively better to be strong than weak, physically.

Has this comic got a new chapter yet?

Also fear of a pathetic death and self-loathing motivated me

same

I was chubby in highschool but had noticeably good genetics for lifting, eat like shit and smoked weed all day. I realized that being out of shape effected the way I carried myself throughout life, wanted to change that and did so. Now im a fucking machine who looks great and has a great job and cute gf. Lifting literally changed my life.

This man

fucking this.

tfw fat my entire childhood

nothing inspired me..i wanted to change my fat shit body and pull hot slooots

This. God bless that high.

When I looked at myself and could see my ribs through my chest

>i was the skinny kid
>lifting is the easiest way to see progress, which i need to not feel useless

Fucking this. Terrible feeling.
I also saw some people I know waddling around and decided that either lifting or death was a better alternative

Depression, probably, but now I just enjoy it.

this guy right here

Lifting weights helps me connect more to my God of Pain and Anger.

these

does the show get better? first 5 episodes or so has been a huge let down

just go read the manga

This nigga

Yeah it gets better, manga is even more fucked up

Because of oneitis and because after summer I'm going job hunting and want to look as a decent in shape than a fat neckbeard nerd. Still in uni but gonna take a intership in a company and looks could play a role in getting in because most HR are women.

One punch man,even though I have never unironically believed in that routine. I just wanna punch stuff really hard.

>walking around shirtless one day, fucking tall, but all skin and bones.
>laying on ground, thought of doing a push up for shits and gigs
>push as hard as I fucking could, arms wobbling and back feeling weird
>lay on the floor, coming to turns I could even lift my fucking self
>spend the next hour looking into the mirror, really looking into it, like every square inch
> felt such fucking disgust and hatred of what I saw.
>did as many knee push ups that night till i fell into a pool of sweat and passed out.
>8 years later, I can finally stare into the mirror and smile of what I am, and wonder what the future will show.

Been skelly mode my whole life, Brosciencelife actually is what got me lifting and kept me motivated because he looks fine and is funny as hell.
Sergi Constance is the one currently keeping me strong, dudes handsome as hell.

>come home from gorging myself at a chinese restaurant
>wanted to see how bloated I got so I looked in the bathroom mirror
>"holyshit i got abs!!"
>actually just fat rolls

Males who wear makeup are not fit to be role models or inspiration. Any male that perpetuates/embodies the feminization of men in this day and age are degenerate scum.

I like fighting, loved it every since i was a kid. Never really realized i did, thought everyone had the same hobby. Always played fighting games, watched a shit ton of combat sports, WWE, ect. Was always too much of a pussy to fight anyone in real life, even when they treated me like shit. I realized i could be a fighter when i punched my brother in the face after a dispute over the last couple scoops of ice cream and he actually stumbled. Of course i got my ass beat and he won the ice cream but the realization stayed. Started to work out at a boxing gym and now im an amatuer starting this summer.

I want to be able to fuck a girl whist lifting her up.

>I was a fat fuck through my whole childhood
>find Veeky Forums around this time last year
>drop from 290 to 190 at 6'4
>bulk up to 230 and currently cutting
>tfw still think I'm the fat fuck 3xl shirt wearing cunt I was when in reality I wear a L now.
>tfw friends say I'm buff and swole
>tfw girls have said I'm athletic and fit
>tfw still feel like a fat slob and think I look like it as well

Anime gets better later. If you're halfway through and still not into it give up on it.

If you finish it reading the Manga isnt even going to be an option, you'll feel you need to read it.

Series as a whole is pretty good but often has pacing issues after the band of the hawk and "festival" part of the series.

When this girl started posting her nudes, I was like...Wow. How could i ever get a girl that hot unless I was shredded and successful?
2 years later, here I am. I've turned my life around, landed my dream job/career, and now I'm yoked.

Still looking for my 10/10, but when I find her, I'm ready.

The stories and teachings of Musashi Miyamoto

angelo?

Hated being the fat guy of my group of friends, also hated feeling weak

I was 26. I was tired of being a video game playing >tfw no gf faggot. 30lbs overweight. One day I was going to click on /b/, but instead, on that fateful day, I clicked on Veeky Forums. I've been gay ever since, no homo.

Divorce. Not because omg I need to find a new woman. I just needed a constructive hobby that didn't involve boozing 5/7 nights a week with my degenerate friends. Dont get me wrong I still love them but I just cant do that shit anymore. Was used to being a full-time dad/husband and I had way too much time on my hands. Reading got old quick and I've always lurked fit/b. Figured why the fuck not start lifting. Best shape of my life atm sadly at 30 years old. Went from 45% BF to 11.7% in roughly a year and change. Started with diet because I told myself I didnt want to waste time in the gym if I couldnt control my diet. Probably the most retarded thing I did during my whole recomp. dropped from 250-170 with a retarded amount of cardio. Looked like shit decided to bulk even though I was still roughly around 25-30% BF. Cut cardio and the fat kept coming off naturally and lifts had linear progression. Doing my first cut now at a 500 cal deficit kinda sucks but its whatever. Finally happy to see myself somewhat lean.

Full-time dad/husband not the stay at home faggotry kind either. Forgot to put that in there. That shits for cucks.

Traps

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Great job. Way to become who you were meant to be.

Sorry to ask but... 250 to 170 that fast... did you get the operation yet?

oh god where to begin
>fat mantitties
>gut
>bullies
>get my oneitis to notice me
tfw never got the grill
tfw still jerk off to her and nothing gets my dick up like imagining us together
mfw

This one girl who bullied my girlfriend last year cuz she thinks she is hot shit.

She's worked out for like 2 years and she still looks like dog shit so I'm gonna blast and cruise and then beat the shit out of her and her boyfriend while making them say sorry to me

nice mental illness you have there bro

Want to be a bad ass Judo fighter

> really strong wind
> my friends have no problem standing upright
> I almost got blown away

Then I realised I should eat and lift

man is the chisel and the sculptor

My mum getting diagnosed with hyperglycemia.

My weak, skelly arms

Insecurities

Except makeup varies from culture to culture.

In cultures where men are expected to fight barehanded with savage beasts they wear make-up and women aren't allowed to.

I suppose they're an example of a feminized culture, though?

Frank Yang, probably, and early Veeky Forums

also being a weak cuck for so long and getting tired of it

a 67 year old retired special forces army captain and vietnam vet, hes my gym bro

my graduation

>Names being called up to receive diploma
>I'm two people away from being called up
>"John Smith!"
>Typical roaring applause as John Smith steps up, shakes hands with the speaker and principle, picks up diploma, and walks back to his seat
>"user Bellybutton!"
>The entire stadium is dead silent
>Go through the motions, sit back down
>"Jane Doe!"
>Applause resumes

It never hurt so much in my entire life, but it was then that I decided that I would make something out of my life

And the way you decided to make something of your life, is by picking up heavy things, and then putting them down?

it's a start for him, much like a lot of people here

It certainly boosted my physical appearance and gave me more confidence in myself. So yes, lifting has essentially flipped my life the right-way up

If you lack the discipline to lift, you probably lack the discipline to do anything else

Actually loose skin hasn't been an issue. It was when I dropped that fast where I had excess skin at 170, looked like absolute dogshit. I bulked from 170-200 clean and filled out quite nicely. Front squats helped fill out midsection and I engage core for every single lift I do. 5'10 192 atm 3 weeks into my cut. Lifts have have been pretty stagnant but PR'd on front squats last week. Back squat numbers went up since I've been trying to strengthen my hip flexors with front squats. Stretch marks fucking EVERYWHERE. I stopped caring soon as I got mires and started getting laid. No one paid any fucking attention to them. I now look at them as battle scars from a war I'm winning as homo as it sounds. It keeps me in a positive mindset whenever I'm assessing my body and looking for shit that needs work on. I know I've come along way and like you said I found who I was meant to be but I refuse to ever be complacent again so I'm overly harsh on myself. Tbqh senpai I'm scared of finishing this cut. Rest days are the hardest because of the additional 700 cal cut and my appetite just goes fucking crazy. In my mind maintenance eating is going to feel like the same thing in terms of hunger. Will just have to adjust accordingly when I get to that point. Looking to cut to sub 9% then do a clean bulk for the duration of summer. Thoughts, senpai?

Exception not the rule.

boxing is so fucking cool, I really wish I didn't have to choose between boxing and lifting. I just wanna lift and spar with people/do heavy bag work. good luck bro

beginner lifter here,

I have little "feats of strength" that I set as short term goals, and is honestly one of them.

My fucking health and perhaps a chance to get back with my ex
Or you know, fucking all her friends :^)

Western culture is the exception.

Sorry, western culture since roughly two centuries ago.

A good friend of mine (he's fit) has a really fat black chick (high end of obese) as his girlfriend and her friend is a huge Mexican ambulocletus (morbidly obese). I get physically disgusted when they hang around him and he gets lovey dovey with that tub of lard.

I looked in the mirror and realized I was steadily approaching what they were looking like. So I started lifting.

Originally I did it just to impress others, but now I also do it to impress myself. This will probably be the gayest answer in the thread albeit brutally honest, but nothing feels better than staring at the mirror in the morning and being like "holy fuck I look so damn good".

A huge inspiration was betas like Elliot and being disgusted that I looked as shitty as they did.

ryan reynolds' body

Ex left me on my birthday a couple weeks after my dog died. Started 5x5 + GOMAD that day.

My breakup

My non existent self esteem. By being somewhat in shape at least I have a little thing to be proud of.

I want to feel superior to everybody around me

also to compensate for my face, which will never work

getting rejected by an average girl and suddenly having the realization that life is cruel and there is no place for feelings, only evolutionary psyche.

Started lifting to get girls and holy shit that was a waste of time, didnt help in the slightest but rather did the opposite since now even though im smart and social people just think of me as a meathead and dont care
Still, lifting is fun

5/5 bretty good

stepping out of the shower and seeing such a pathetic weakling in the mirror

and dbz, specifically vegeta

I started lifting to help with fightiing my drug addiction

Veeky Forums girls turn me on and I want to look like that and schlick to myself. I'm not a dyke though.

I was a twig and people kept trying to fight me

>gained fap loads of muscle
>learned basic boxing and mauy thai
>learning jui-jitsu (yellow belt)
>no one trys to fight me anymore (cept one meth head)

also to look good naked ;)

>vegeta & gohan
>fuck goku

>user bellybutton.

Kek

My shame inspires me. I just don't want to look like a weak shit anymore. I wanna be able to walk pass a group of girls with my chin held high, maintain eye contact, and just exude confidence.

I just wanna reach a point where I'm good enough for myself, cause when I'm good enough for myself I'm good enough for others. And that's all I really want outta life.

Keep watching it until the end and then pick up the manga. It's a legendary series

anime: bakabt.me/torrent/164813/kenpuu-denki-berserk-g-p-bd-1080p-10-bit-flac

manga: bakabt.me/torrent/162057/berserk-scans

A girl that didn't even deserve it.

Episode 6 is where I got really into it.

My sleep apnea

Came to say best-tier manga

going through a divorce here too. she didn't leave because I'm a fatass, but I realized that since I have twin boys and I don't want them to be fat like I was, I need to get in shape. I'm at the start of where you are (just 35% BF instead), but you're inspiring. GL bro, we're gonna make it

I do it for him... He wants me to

The rage of being constantly disappointed with myself