I'm taking Finasteride against hairloss. However, the side effects include "mild castration" (e.g. erectyle disfunction...

I'm taking Finasteride against hairloss. However, the side effects include "mild castration" (e.g. erectyle disfunction, gyno, lower libido) and I was wondering if you can counter that with taking extra testosterone. Does anyone have knowledge in this area?

Other urls found in this thread:

finasteridesyndrome.blogspot.ca/p/how-to-treat.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>he doesn't go full Robben

no cause finastride blocks dht, thats where the symtpoms are from

I think the ED issues from fina are WAY WAY exaggerated. I have been taking 1mg of fina every day for two years for hair loss and have never had any weird issues.

If you take extra testosteron, you will also get extra DHT which is a byproduct of testosteron and causes hairloss.

I was on finasteride for 5 months, it kept my balding from getting worse but I got all sorts of shitty side effects that naturaly come when you lower testosteron levels.

Basically, its not worth it

Wtf dude
Just shave it off man

Hm okay, so they cancel each other out?

I was kind of hoping to raise the overall testosterone levels, but just blocking DHT through Finasteride. Wasn't sure what exactly DHT is doing to the "feeling of manliness" compared to normal test.

I can't, I have a really weird head shape and a weak chin. Without my hair I'd look like eggman.

You do realize that when making comments about a drug's effect on the population, you should look at sample sizes larger than one, right?

Hide your chin with a beard.

Hi OP,

I took fin for five months. Make my hair thick and glossy. Looked like I had a wet black cat sitting on my head. But then I noticed that my dick had shrunk a bit, which freaked me the fuck out, so I got off it. But the sides stayed - ED, low libido, some testicular pain (it comes and goes EOD or so), and a regular urge to go to the bathroom. Also much lower semen volumes like 20% of what it used to be, and it just dribbles out now, whereas before I'd shoot a meter. I'm not sure about the sperm count as I haven't gotten it tested but I'm sure that was fucked too. And I haven't yet recovered. That was four years ago.

I'm currently seeing my Dr. about TRT. If he puts me on it, I'll be able to report back to you in six weeks to let you know the results.

Ask me anything

>inb4 bullshit! Its in ur head! etc etc etc

Finasterid leads to beard-loss. I never had a super nice beard anyway though. I wonder if it's possible to use topical Minoxidil to grow a beard again?

>dick shrinkage
Holy fuck, how much was it and did it ever go back?

That's why you don't fuck with hormones. Get plugs or get bald.

>Holy fuck, how much was it and did it ever go back?

I was 6.5 inches. Now I'm 5. When I can get it up. It's pretty desensitized, so I gotta grip that motherfucker like no tomorrow to keep it hard.

Use test and trenbolone and chew gum like a motherfucker for those jaw gains.

if you're so much of a pussy that you're scared of those sides while you're younger than 30, you deserve to look like an ugly bald man

>lol what a pussy who cares about possible side effects on a health board
Just get out

I would try rogaine first.

Also pic related worked for me.

t. bottom bitch

So funny. Goading guys into taking hormone fucking drugs by calling them "pussy". I thought this was a board for 18+ only?

>Start taking fin
>read horror stories online
>develop mild ED, cant get hard twice in a week
>constantly on my mind
>start feeling tired, cant concentrate, get depressed
>drunken sex, rock hard, gf actually makes a comment on it
>realise it was all in my head
>all side effects go away within a day, except for one
>my cum is now more watery but the volume has increased by 50%
>3 years in now, hair actually slowly growing back

Also finasteride BOOSTS your testosterone levels. Taking fin inhibits an enzyme that converts about 10% of your testosterone to DHT which is considered nonessential once you fully mature.

Enjoy your extra hair, enjoy your extra test and stop listening to random internet horror stories, instead read papers or reports from clinical trials.

More man & less hair > less man & more hair.

Why do you Veeky Forumsggots care more about hair than masculinity?

Something to consider:

There is NO proven case that Testosterone Replacement Therapy has solved the persistent sexual problems caused Finasteride . Do not accept this suggestion from any physician if you suffer from Post-Finasteride Syndrome. There are many stories in Propeciahelp of patients who were treated with testosterone gel (which is converted to DHT in contact with skin), or testosterone injections and treatment did not cause any sexual improvement in them. And in many cases made it worse.

The administration of exogenous testosterone (not produced by the body), causes the reduction of testes and disruption of testosterone production in the body . A man who initiates treatment with testosterone replacement therapy needs to do this for life. For men in andropause it may be a great treatment and can restore sexual function. It is also a great treatment for man who lost his testicles due to an accident or disease. But it is not the recommended procedure for fighting the persistent sexual side effects from Finasteride.

finasteridesyndrome.blogspot.ca/p/how-to-treat.html

How is this shit legal? Didn't the doctor who prescribed it to you warned you about the side effects? Why would you take it knowing such side effects could happen?

you do know they give this drug to trannies undergoing male to female transitions?

besides the drug will only ever slow hair growth at best so you're basically fucking up your normal sexual hormones to cling onto your hair for slightly longer

>taking hormone blockers shrunk my cavernous bodies.
>physical sponge like tissue somehow disappeared
>never mind the fact that researchers have been trying to do this for decades without sucess
>happened to me dude totally legit

I get it, you seek an external source for your failures as a man and human being, but please stop scaring other people with your bullshit. Just keep it to yourself.

>extra hair
>extra test

When I took Finasteride, all the documentation that came with it indicated that side-effects were very very rare and 100% reversible when you stopped taking it. So there's nothing to lose right? So I took it and got fucked.

The problem is that the manufacturer's information was incorrect. I won't go so far as to say that they lied, but the documentation was false as many men began to report that the side-effects did NOT go away after stopping the drug. Lawyers were called.

Class-action suits launched. Medical experts weighed in. Merck fought back as long and as hard as it could. In the end, the courts in Europe drew verdicts: Merck's clinical trials were inadequate and their documentation was not accurate. Merck was ordered by the courts to re-write their documentation to say that side-effects are permanent in some users.

But this happened long after I quit the drug. I got fucked before I could get the accurate data. If I knew that there was even a 1% chance of the sides being permanent, I would never have taken it.

Keep in mind that the courts in America are not so keen on keeping billion dollar pharmaceutical companies in line. The documentation for Propecia state-side still states (last I checked) that the sides are all 100% temporary.

Didn't they have to pay any kind of reparation? This is really fucked up.