I lift to become a better person

>I lift to become a better person
No, you lift to get big muscles and attract females you can bang.

I lift to pick heavy thing up

I lift for health, especially the mental health part.

how is that not better

Okay, but I'm happily married so that throws your claim out the window.

Let's talk about lifting for girls from a little different angle than usually. When one says he lifts for girls, usually two possible scenarios come to mind. The first one is that the man is someone who is not desired among girls due to the lack of qualities deemed desirable by them. The guy is compensating his shortcomings in other areas like confidence, by bettering himself in at least in this one field. A guy like this is desperate to get a gf. The other scenario is a player, who is simply trying to get laid, and doesn't care for long relationships. The girls he's after are easy, and being buff makes them easier.

Now let's talk about the third option. This kind of man doesn't lift so that some girl - any girl - would finally accept him, nor does he want to impress shallow sluts to bang them. The third man can see his ideal woman in his mind. He wants her, but he also understands that in life you only get what you deserve. The ideal woman has the image of the ideal man on her mind, so she is not going to accept just any man. People tend to date people who are one the same "level" as them: a fit woman wants a fit man, and vice versa. The man understands that in order to deserve his ideal woman, he must become her ideal man. Because he wants a fit woman, he must become fit himself, and this goes for other areas in life as well.

So the third man starts bettering himself. Not solely for the reason of getting a high-class woman, but it is one of the reasons. As he becomes better and better, the woman he is deserving of also gets more high-class.

Some day the man and the woman will meet. Both of them have been concentrating on becoming as good as they possibly can, and when they get together, they have both gotten a partner that is better than the one they would have gotten before starting the journey towards their highest potential. Both of them will be happier, and they will thrive together.

One of the main reasons I lift, is that I want a fit wife.

lifting weights is the opposite of becoming a better person

>health
since when ruined joins is healthy?
Running and making your heart strong as fuck is healthy.

I lift so I can be a badass like Arnold

I lift my fingers to shitpost

>projecting this much
Nah, it helps my MS a lot. It reduces my flare ups by 90%, I hardly ever lose my balance anymore, my pain level is manageable without taking pain meds (the last time I took one was a year ago). This all started getting better once I started lifting.

Just because you fell for the "lifting for girls" meme doesn't mean everyone else did.

>since when ruined joins is healthy?
Lifting does not automatically lead to ruined joints.

thus becoming a better person per se
don't bluepill lifting pls

indeed. Actually it means becoming a better man. Faggot

Well, why not both?

I am married and faithful so this is not a problem for me

I didn't read your comment but I felt bad you weren't getting any replies after all your effort.

>No, you lift to get big muscles and attract females you can bang.

yes and no

Running decreases testosterone which leads to depression.

I lift to be better than everyone I meet. I'm like a god walking amongst humanity.

homos fuck anything
you could have no hands no arm and unable to speak yet they would still lust over you as long as you had an asshole

I became a worse person after lifting. I temp became better when I was depressed and now I think I'm worse than I've ever been.

I started lifting to get the girl but now I just want to get swole as fuck and become the best physical version I can be.

I just pasted it. When I originally wrote it a few months ago, I did get replies. Thanks though.

you obviously never met a single gay guy in your life

homos are very picky, even more so than girls

the thing is, there's a market for every kind of homo, even the fat and ugly ones

but if you want a 10/10 bf you better be at least a 9/10

C-can't it be both?

Also now I lift and run and stuff for overall fitness and military qual.

So you lift to keep your girl. Big diff.

I lift for men, not girls.

I genuinely want to look good for myself now

fuck girls, they only care about you for looks or money anyways

useless cunts

Nah, I ain't gotta worry about that. Married for 20 years now, and still going strong.

Uh only ultra distance running.

Daily cardio increases test

Yeah, that one was me too, I kind of felt bad for you then as well.

Why don't I bang females then?

Check mate froggy ;_;

This
I've come to a point where anxiety and depression became a real problem and I genuinely only lifted because It was really effective (on the short and long run).
In the end effect I ended up "curing" my depression and I suddenly feel extremely confident and literally feel confortable in any situation/place (Expect maybe a Veeky Forums meeting that still would feel extremely awkward).
Long story short, the "I lift for myself" now finally makes sense and the mires are literally just a bonus. Feels really good

Kek.

THEN WHY DO I NOT HABE A GEE EFF

I read your comment, number three here aswell brah.

>16 + 2000
>lifting for girls

I lift so i can feel superior to other people

Truly inspiring words user. Suck that you only got a few replies

Keep going

It's one of the many reasons for me. It is for you too, although you won't admit it.

No, I lift because the doctors told me that if it wasn't for my lower back muscles the knife would have went through my diaphragm and I would have had to get an even bigger surgery and spend longer in the hospital, assuming I survived.

What is the secret to a happy marriage, o wise user? I'm scared of marrying a whore who is gonna take half of my shit in a divorce.

same here breh.
ONE COULD SAY, OUR DEPRESSION HAS BEEN LIFTED.

(You)

I lift because a Russian submarine went down during the Cold War and they had to shut a watertight door weighing hundreds of pounds while the boat was at an extreme trim angle before the water climbed to their compartment.

If we sink and there's a door between myself and imminent death, I'm going to be ready to close it. I have to be.

>complains about fucked joints
>recommends running instead
L M A O

Basically.

Tbqh familia, almost everything I do in life is to be better than everyone else. Spitefully and pridefully. I've fucked over so many people for my own gain and have constantly lied my way to the top.

I'm a terrible person, but I love it. I'm sure people are out to kill me.

Proof? Give me some examples

Im married tho.

Jokes on you faggot, I'm gay

>I lift to become a better person

Yeah sure because my anxiety and depression will just disappear when i become muscular.

In the aspect of trying to be better than everyone else? I mean, not literally "better" in a sense... But above the greater average.

I.e. A combination of being smarter, stronger, cleaner, better looking... Etc.

And as for fucking people over, I've lied to people by telling them making certain decisions would bring THEM good, instead i was just convincing enough to have them do it for me without knowing. Through employment, finances, etc.

If you have ever seen that show House of Cards, I basically have the mentality of Frank Underwood in that show (obviously not as extreme and not in politics)

>you guys ruin your joints lifting?
>just ruin them by running, it's much better

Going to party so hard tuesday night and wednesday in Amsterdam. Probably will lose some gainz but who cares.

you're damn straight i lift to bang girls, the fuck else am i gonna do with my time

I do.

seeing posts like this make me feel sad, because at the end of the day, it just makes it easier to surpass you / widen the gap. It's no fun when the competition is this easy.

Make sure you drink water between drinks.

I lift because I don't want to die as a 200kg fatso without my limbs.

I was a fat kid and a fat teenager, I lost the best years of my life because I was too ugly to be accepted by everyone else, therefore I have several psychological scars like social anxiety I have to deal with. All because I was a huge fatso.

If I have to count calories for the rest of my life, like chronic patients have to do with their diseases, I'm fucking doing it. But I won't ever be fat again, it's too painful. Fuck girls and fuck sex, I'm too broken for this shit.

>makes it easier to surpass you
>competition
LOL like anyone cares about except your mother. Lifting is not even a real sport. Why are you so pathetic? Are you one of those guys who doesn't even drink?

>MFW
I still score chicks left and right with only an ottermode body. Being a DJ also helps ofc
You gotta live a little man.

MOMS GONNA FREAK!

I'm currently on the same path as you bros, and lately I've been feeling so much better

lifting really does help

I lift because i'm 6'1 with blond hair and light blue eyes. With all of the skinnyfat brown manlets i'm surrounded by, why would i noy differentiate myself even further by being fit?

2edgy4me

Excellent post, I feel the same way

Kek

Nice post

>Veeky Forums

but running just ruins your knees and ankles, lifting ruins your shoulders, elbows and even back if you don't have perfect form

Sound body sound mind

Don't look for girlfriend, look for a best friend.

I hate seeing skinny or fat blonde haired guys with blue eyes, all I can think to myself is "what a fucking waste, at least give that shit to ME faggot"

KANKERHARD FEESTEN

>>I lift to become a better person

Same thing. My value as a human being is defined by the quality of the females that are willing to let me impregnate them. This is literally the definitive answer to the age-old question, "Why Are We Here?"

literally. lifting for looks in a time where you dont even need strength to survive everyday life ... you do likely not need the functional power. instead you want the aesthetic "improvement" of your physique. its like youre screaming out, that you dont have the confidence for your own body. ofc its healthy, to an extent, but again, even if you are slightly overweight, or drink, you will likely die of old age. aesthetics are for autists. like me.

damn. everyone seems to reject them and go "eww faggot" n shit, yet they are elitists. high standards and self respect. goddamn