So Veeky Forums im going to buy pre workout sometime soon...

so Veeky Forums im going to buy pre workout sometime soon. Any recommendations on brand dosages etc i have had heaps of friends tell me they have felt sick for a whole workout after taking it

Other urls found in this thread:

bulknutrients.com.au/products/pre-workout-101.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bulknutrients.com.au/products/pre-workout-101.html

Caffeine and creatine is best rest of ingredients overrated - in fact separate caffeine tabs and creatine is probably cheaper

If you do get pre, maybe try one low in beta alanine as the tingling feeling isn't for everyone. I for one enjoy it but it makes me rub my face like mad though.

what is the tingling feeling, heard about that too

rip my thread

It's called paresthesia, caused by beta alanine.

any experience to share, whats it feel like, good or bad etc

I loved using C4 when I first started working out a couple years back. The actual product did help me with maintaining consistency when I did big lifts (leg day was usually hard because I got gassed pretty quickly unless I used a pre-workout). The beta alanine was pretty sweet too, I personally loved the tingly feeling. If you do buy it, start out with 1 scoop in a glass of water.

That being said, I wouldn't buy it. It's expensive, not great for your health, and its basically a placebo. When I stopped using it, my motivation for the gym went down along with my lifts. However, after a few weeks, my lifts went back to normal and I was loving the gym again. I figured it was because I was so used to having C4 before a workout, my body needed to adapt after I stopped using it.

I just started on c4 ripped and so far I like it. No creatine in it which I like but I feel it is a bit on the low side of beta alanine.

>I figured it was because I was so used to having C4 before a workout, my body needed to adapt after I stopped using it.

protip: shit will get you addicted. once u start it will be a hard time recovering the motivation when you stop using it, and u will stop using it sooner or later for whatever reason.

if you're based you'd only take pwo during pr-sessions or other rare occasions, and not on regular basis.

a good PWO sure makes you feel top of the world.
I miss that feeling alot and I will never be so pumped up hitting the gym again-- but it was too expensive, and I realized it was addiction so I had to stop.

now I do caffeine caps. It's not near the effect of a good PWO but it's better than nothing.

OP, do a google search on how to make your own DIY preworkout. There are all kinds of guides out there, some of them even have links to sites where you can buy the ingredients in bulk.

Not only is making your own PWO way fucking cheaper, but you can customize it how you want it and actually make it legitimately effective for you and the type of workouts you do.

C4 and MR. HYDE are the best pre workouts. Some people hype them up way too much though. You'll feel a boost in energy and a slight tingle throughout your body. I only use pre workouts when I'm really tired that day. The biggest con to pre workouts is the price imo. $22-25 dollars for 30 servings and I always do 2 scoops so it can go pretty fast.

I like N.O. Explode. It is mostly made up of herbal supplements. It also has caffeine and some vitamins. I take less than the recommended dosage (6g-12g as opposed to the standard 18.5g dosage) and I still get pretty pumped for workouts.

Caffeine isn't bad, but 2-4+ scoops is pretty bad. Remember, READ THE FUCKING LABEL and do not exceed the recommended dosage.

Why not just drink coffee and take a vitamin?

C4 nearly made my heart explode in my chest, and I'm tolerant to all other pre workouts. No thx

buy samples and find newly expired preworkouts they still work i got one that was 64 for $4 and free shipping because it's expired

I just tried out the C4 Sport yesterday, after not using any pre-workout supps for like a year. Felt great. I expect to see diminishing returns though, which is why I quit using them in the first place.

buy mr hyde
also this isn't pre workout but just fucking buy creatine don't be a fucking bitch literally nothing bad is going to happen it will just shorten your learning curve

It feels a bit prickly like when your feet fall asleep but nowhere near as intense. Once you actually start moving you don't even notice or realize that it's happening.

Tried it. Was nice, but wasn't worth the money. I take 400mg caffeine and 4.5mg creatine before I workout now. Literally feel no different.

>creatine
no place in a preworkout.
just go with something that has good caff + beta alanine