/dpu/ - Daily Pull-Up Thread

Are you NOT a pussy? Leave Push-ups with humanity and join this thread.

You know the fucking rules:
>Dubs Double It
>Trips Means inevitable Doms and permanent damage.
>Kipping will disqualify.

Rollin'

Roll

>visualize bending bar in half

Why the fuck have I not ever done this

gsdgsdgs

sheeet. He's right you know?

Check those double zeroes friend

cuz its fucking retarded

I hope this is supposed to just be the first number cuz I seriously doubt i can do more than 20 pullups in a day.

FUCKING 99 GET

Scoobys says that you only need to go up to your eyes. Chin ups is where your whole head goes above the bar.

I'll finish by midnight (3.5 hours)

I thought pull ups is overhand and chin ups are underhand

rollin

They are. Do you know what those two words mean?

rolling

After three weeks I finally managed to make 5 reps!

How can I do at least 5x3? I don't want to waste a whole year to get there

Reminder to use neutral grip to avoid permanent shoulder and elbow damage.

Bending the bar in half FORWARDS as in the bar would still be in the horizontal plane.

Rollie pollie

roll

Rollin

Again

roller

Roll

Well fuck me then

>tfw got 19 dead hang pullups during a test at my gym
>weigh 185lbs
feels good man

Just fuck my shit up

Fuck this

FLYING SQUIRREL MODE ENGAGED

Trips plz

Do a controlled decent and hang on the last rep

oh well

Rolling, rolling, rolling on a river

>it aint me starts playing

does anybody have the tiny pullup/chinup screen?

pull ups are probably the hardest thing to guess on how to fit into my training. I am not sure if dumbbell exercises, if deadlifts and swimming with the crawl (its intensive on similar muscles) all compete for the same muscles. I have completely no idea how much rest I should give to them like that. I have been on 12 pullups for a while now and am not making any progress.

I tried the "mid range rep, but 10 times a day" for a few weeks now and no progress. Should I do weighted ones again?

Ok

How many sets do you do of 12? Ive been putting 3 sets of 10 into my workout and recently when i tried going for max reps i only made it to 16. Pretty disappointing because i feel like ive been doing pullups forever now

I never had pullups much higher than 12-15, i trained them consistantly from skelly. First time I ever lost weight (unintentional cut cause of work) and dropped from 195 to 175, I banged off 20 reps like it was nothing.

Felt awesome. Back up to 190lbs though and just doing 7 sets of 8-10

rolling 4 perma damage

usually 7 x 10, spread throughout the day

CHECKED

sheeeit

Are you dumb?

roller derby

I dont care for quads, just tell me how to get more pullups jesus fuck.

I can't even do more than 10 but roll anyway

Ok

Is this true? When I do pull-ups, I feel a strain in my elbows that I don't get with chin-ups when I go past eye-level.

>not bringing your chin above the bar regardless of which direction your palm is facing

WHAT IS THIS GODLESS FAGGOTRY

rollin

Rolling

And scooby is a fagget

Perma Damage.
Roll em bitches.

r.i.p

every time you go to set a new pr, aim for 1 more than last time. if you're doing sets of 10 doing 11 shouldnt be too hard. and when you're going for the PR set, dont stop momentum until you absolutely have to. once you start just hanging, trying to catch your breath, it only gets harder.

other ways to get more pull up reps
>work on grip strength - farmers carries, hanging from the pull up bar for as long as possible, doing pull ups on big fat bars
>lots of rows
>lose weight

rollan

Fuck my shit up

You mean 7 x 1111

Rest day roll

rolling for push-ups because fuck you

Fag. Rolling for more pullups even though i did my 80 last night.

use pully machine on whatever weight you can complete 5-8 reps with. do three sets of that weight.
>just like any other movement you want to strengthen.
>everything hard is damaging
ok thanks please go.
I already did my 100+ today. can I still be a part of human society?

Maybe one of you guys knows... my right shoulder hurts when i do pull-ups/chin-ups or something similar for a couple of weeks now.
Hardly exercise these these anymore, because it hurts so much.
Advice?

Roll

I've done this shit twice. First time rolled 99, second time rolled 87. Both times went up to 100 because fuck it. Dubs get nigg

Pull-ups and chin-ups always hurt my wrist/forearm, though I have a fucked up wristbone that I can move in ways I shouldn't be able to

AND REKT

Roll.
I have an injury and don't even know if I can do more than a few anyways.

Roll

rollin

Done

rollz

Guys I need your help desperately.

Oh my am I lucky for encountering this thread right now in a time of need.

I need to do seven fucking teen PERFECT pull -ups and I have like three months time.

I need a training program guys. Now I can only do 12 perfect ones but after that it becomes impossible to mantain form.

Halp.

fuck

Roll

Roll for pudhups

roll.

roller blades

>Tfw doing pull ups with wrist wraps
fucked up my wrists falling down the stairs, now Im pretty sure it will stay this way for a few years

Rollin'

Weighted pull-ups.

>can do 12 but cant do 7
wut

read it again retard he needs 17

ROOOOLLIN

rollerooni