I'm in the Army. Occasionally I have to run 5 miles and do rucks etc

I'm in the Army. Occasionally I have to run 5 miles and do rucks etc.

How bad will they kill my gains?

For all of you mil fags out there... what is your weekly routine for weightlifting and cardio?

Monto pls go and stay go

your gains aren't the only thing at risk of being killed B^)

>I occassionally run 5 miles

Fugg the military has gone down hill.

Every fucking morning after stand to was 5 mile run timed or are you anything but army.

Oh sweet, a mili/fit/ thread.

I have a question for anyone in the military right now. I've got an absolute garbage sense of smell, which is technically a disqualifier for all branches. It seems like something I could keep to myself pretty easily, since I know how to wash my ass like a big boy. But I've asked a couple old Marine doorkickers about it, and they laughed at me for even being bringing it up, and I shouldn't be concerned.

Would I be putting myself and my m8s at risk? I can smell gasoline fumes and shit, but I can't be a super spooky operator sniffing enemy cigarettes or anything.

rucks won't kill your gains but they will set to work in fucking your knees permanently

people who care about their joints don't join the military

I want to put benis in dat thigh gap so bad

Focken el m8

I am also interested in this topic.

I am trying to get into shape for a series of military tests since I'm pursuing a military carreer. What would be the best way to prepare for endurance-based tests? Would lifting heavy improve my bodyweight endurance?

I have been thinking about starting SS and lots of cardio, would that be good for my case?

you're fine.. just keep it to yourself

From my experience I was on bulkiest in the army. Three hot meals a day and occasional extra rationing. I did 2km running every morning as a routine, combined with swimming and weightlifting as many times a week as I had a chance. The leftenant and staff master kept us in good check, didn't really have the luxury of doing my own workouts, as after trainings i was too exhausted to do anything else than burn through cartons and play cards.
I had a bad lifestyle during my service, drinking excessively when i wasn't in unifrom and smoking whenever the possibility. Yet I came out standing nearly 2m and weighing a little bit over 90kg. If however your posting is technical or you are being trained for non-combat; i suggest you do strenght five days a week and maintain moderate cardio routine on daily basis and you should not loose any gains.

I believe as an army man you got the discipline and knowledge of your own body if you feel becoming weaker anyway and will fix it.

bumping with operators tactically operating

What are you, a boot? Don't see you big guys walking around every day? Do you think they all came in like that? You'll just need to eat a lot more than the average joe, as you're much more active on the day to day. Or you could just hop on a cycle of test and just dick around in the gym like every other fuckboy in your unit.

post PT scores faggots

> 13:49* 2 mile
> 72+ pushups
> 82+ situps

*injured knee so I had to take awhile off, haven't done leg day in months

I've maxed both the situps and pushups, but my scores have been fluctuating. My max score so far has been 280 (lower cause I only got 65 pushups that time)

...I cant.

This has to be a troll.

1.5 mile - 7:68
push-ups - 56,00
sit ups - about two hundred

I'm serious. I didn't even know it was a thing to be aware of until the sergeant asked about it on the medical questionnaire. Figured it's technically a proper disability, and if it came up during an exercise and they found out I really can't smell, I'd get a DD and be pretty fucked.

Realistically how much time would it take to get a sub 9 minute 1.5 mile?

pls halp

im in the navy, run about 3-4 miles everyday, and have made phenomenal gains.

long distance will have you lose more muscle mass, but only if you dont eat or train right.
sprinting will preserve muscle in the long run.

picture related. My gains, and i run that much.

I thought forearm tats were haram right now.

Mirin, though.

I know a guy that has full sleeves who is goin in

Probably like 3 or so months if you start from bitting

what are the specifics of the test?

Navy just changed their navadmin about tattoo policy. you can have full sleeves, hand tattoo, 1 neck tattoo thats 1"x1".

I was vetted in though with my tattoos. also im able to cover it with the palm of my hand, so technically its acceptable under navadmin.

I'm assuming that's 4 or so times a week. Thank you for the response.

I should clarify that I'm in the army so things might be different

To be competitive for a contract I need to be able to do upwards of 70-80 push ups, same with situps and at least 15-20 pullups.

This is followed by a 5k cross-country run that I need to accomplish in under 24 minutes (which means I need to do a lot better than that), an 8km ruck with a 15kg pack in under 58min, a 25km one with a 25kg pack in under 3h30 and a 300m swim in less than 10min.

I have been working my legs to the point where I can't even feel a 15kg pack and a 25kg one is just a little nuisance, so I'm not all that scared for the rucks. What I am mostly worried about is all the rest. I can do 60-65 pushups on a good day and I absolutely suck at situps.

I find doing planks, ab wheel, and weighted crunches help drastically..

Also and most importnatly... make sure your hipflexors and legs are fresh for the test. Last pt test I got 65 in 2 minutes... my abs were fine but the upper portion of my quads failed on me because I didn't let them rest enough.

sit-ups are easy to train

what I did to get my situp score up (which was at like 30 something) was do 25 pushups then immediately do a minute plank x 4

I also did planks 3 min x 5 and later 5 min x 3 every day

Eventually you should start doing your max in (I'm assuming) 2 minutes. If you can't get to 80 by then, then just go till you hit 80.

thanks guys. What about greasing the groove, can anybody vouch for that? I have roughly one year before the test, and I want to put my everything into this. Should I go for freeweights as well to boost a bit of that brute force?

That's plenty of time. For situps... do the aforementioned advice. Throw some regular situps in there just so you have the muscle memory and can work on your technique.

Remember only your shoulders on the upper portion of your back have to hit the ground... make sure you get in a good rocking rhythm and let yourself fall without any effort on each rep

For pushups I'd recommend dips/bench press and making sure to throw in some pushups as well.

Perhaps do a program like SS but add in some calisthenics as well.

For runs.. I'd do a little of everything. Don't just fall for the HIIT meme. Yes intervals are great and they improve your cardio.. with that said make sure you incorporate some distance runs.. perhaps one 5-6 mile every week. Mix up your cardio too. Run 3 days a week with varying distances etc.... then maybe do a little stationary bike..

Make sure you are eating enough and getting adequate rest... 8 hours of sleep... At least one day off a week etc.

thanks, m8, will do. One last question if it's not too much of a bother: I have been talking to a trainer who advocates Crossfit for military fitness, and his workouts are... intense, that's to be said. Should I just tell him to shut up about crossfit and do as I think with strength training and running or HIIT under the form of one of his workouts can be integrated in a routine? My objective is to excel, so I'm kinda concerned about doing things in the best of ways.

Naw Monica. I'm in the service with an arrest two tickets and two surgeries they don't know about. Just truck through that shit. No one cares about it and you can chalk that up to allergies anyways.

I wouldn't tell anyone to join who doesn't 100% want to, but if that's your only excuse than that's pretty petty

It's not an excuse, it's just the only thing wrong with me, so I haven't asked about the omission culture in military recruiting. New Opportunities and all. I still intend to do the highest speed shit I can get my hands on.

I don't have any personal experience. I know the military now advocates it... for instance I'm deployed and they have a crossfit area.

Personally from what I see I don't think much of it. When I walk by I see people cheating pullups... doing olympic lifts for high reps with shit form, and other things that look like it'd lead to injury.

Personally, just to be on the safe side I prefer sticking with a regular strength training program with varied cardio thrown in. I mean really unless you want to go to selection, you will be way ahead of the pack just by doing that on a consistent basis.

i'm gonna find your ginger ass on a boat, boy. we're gonna be a great cruise couple.

Going to Bahrain with the Coasties soon lads. I hope the Tusken Raiders have gyms.

He's clearly a pog

Bump.

About 8 minutes and 59 seconds

Kekked

I would honestly take like 1 month of serious cardio. And when I say serious I just mean routine. Not 10k a day per se.

Bro you're fine lol