Best isolation exercise for tricep development in your experience?

Best isolation exercise for tricep development in your experience?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

skull crushers, rippetoe style (go past head)

Can I do this with dumbbells?

i guess if you tried, you could hold a dumbell using both hands with the gripping portion perpendicular to the floor though why not just use a barbell?

weighted dips.

My favorite exercise is tricep pull down. Put a rope attachment on a cable station at the top height setting. Grab both ends bending arms at the elbow and extend all the way to your sides, pulling out in a slight v to really get a good pump. Then controlled negative back up, then pull about a quarter of the distance so about chest level again pulling in a slight v at the end of the rep, then bring it back up and that's one rep. In my experience it's the best pull down variation for tricep pump, and hits both heads pretty hard.

Close grip bench

You could use two DBs, you know.

>go past head
So the movement is like a throw from behind your head, right? Rear delts are active in shoulder extension.

that pic makes me sad as fuck

>TRIcep
>hits both heads
Lol

It's a very good exercise but OP wanted an isolation one. French press?

Pullover machine is the fucking shit.

easily rope extensions

Then it's not a skullcrusher, just a tricep extension

youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I

Triceps are too complex I would never recommend one excercise if someones looking to develop them.

Weight bench dips are my personal favorite

Weighted*

overhead single arm dumbbell extensions with full rom,slow execution and perfect form.

>using clips

The best isolated tricep workout you can do is the standing tricep extension with a V bar, not rope. Dips, skull crushers and bent over arm extentions will work triceps but they are also working either your chest and shoulders. I like V bar because you can lift more.