The barbell row mentioned in this version of Greyskull LP program is a Pendlay row or a bent over barbell row?

The barbell row mentioned in this version of Greyskull LP program is a Pendlay row or a bent over barbell row?

The correctly executed barbell row starts on the floor and ends on the floor every time. The commonly seen variant where people hold it in their arms is retarded.

Yes. But you don't have to be entirely strict, a small hip extension at the beginning of the movement is OK.

It doesn't fucking matter, do the one that feels right for you.

>not doing the superior single armed dumbbell rows

Barbell Row: Back at 45 degrees, barbell is pulled up to waist and lowered to extent of arms length for a single rep.

Pendlay Row: Back at 90 degrees, barbell is exploded up to chest and slowly lowered to ground for a single rep.

>implying a controlled ascent and descent with full ROM isn't just as good for muscle growth as Touching the ground every rep

OP here also is this a good program for a novice?
I'd love to do the chin-ups but I don't think I'm strong enough right now. Doing negative chin-ups with a chair or smth at gym would be ridiculous I guess

Pendlay row is a fucking meme. When the weight starts to get heavy and you're pulling it straight off of the ground while bent at 90 degrees you can easily fuck up and slip a disc. Do barbell rows. Pick the weight up off of a rack at dick height and bend over with it making sure to keep your spine in extension and your lower back flat.

It's way better for your lats.

Fucking Pendlay rows fuck off with that shit.

It's actually a really good novice program. Just eat a lot, and if you can't do chin ups and don't wanna do negatives, do supinated lat pull downs really heavy and with strict form.

I am actually dooking a moderate cut with a healthy diet. I am not too fat but I want to reduce my bf before doing a slow and clean bulk

doing*

Do this program, do a couple days of cardio, eat clean, you'll still make some noob gains, but then when you cut down to what you want and start a bulk, you gonna make huge gains senpai.

Deload: The Program

Thanks user

Wouldn't you deload at some point with every LP program anyway? The method of Greyskull seems like the most logical desu senpai

It is the most logical with Greyskull, at least in comparison to SL. I got so fucking fed up with Stronglifts which if I recall correctly, has you stall on the same weight like 3 or 4 times before deloading by like 10lbs, not even 10%. That shit doesn't take into account volume training at all. It's pretty stupid. It's good until you hit a wall, and then it's just frustrating.

Nice meme senpai, yeah, been lifting for several years. The Pendlay row is a fucking joke. It doesn't accomplish anything the barbell row and deadlift don't already do better.

>image.jpg
Quality posts every time.

>he can't afford an iPhone