How do I progress on pull ups? Been doing 4x12 almost 2 months now and it doesn't seem to progress...

How do I progress on pull ups? Been doing 4x12 almost 2 months now and it doesn't seem to progress... My bent over rows are progressing and do isolation exercises for my biceps every time

What are you progressing towards if 4x12 isn't already enough?

I wanna do 4x15, then I want to start adding weight

Why not just add weight now?

I've been told only to add weight once you can go higher than 15reps

Sounds like an arbitrary number. I started adding weight when I could do 3x8, and there's been no trouble.

that's more a rule for dips iirc, heavy pullups give you the best progression so if you could do 12 try do 6 weighted

Allright thanks guys! I can do around 20 dips so I ad 30 lbs plate and then I do 3 sets of 10.

One last question: are you supposed to train pull ups like every other movement or do you need to do some other stuff, like a lot of negatives for instance

I can't even do one (1) pullup fäms . Literally female tier upper strength

why not do 4x13?

25 deadhang pullups here, or 9 reps with 1pl8 (tho my chin doesn't totally clear on the last two reps).

did 5 sets to failure to begin my back workout till I could get 20 dead hangs. Then I started doing:

Pyramid scheme (but with weight) 25, 35, 45, 35, 25 all to failure. But now that 25lb are easy, I still warm up with them but I never go above 12 reps on that first set. I'm now working up to 70lbsx2 or 3.

20 pullups is required for a perfect marine pft score right? just add one more rep each week until you make it m8.
4x12, 4x13, 4x14 etc.

I feel you family, plus I'm skinny fat so I'm cutting and only getting weaker

We might still make it though

Are you me? Literally in the same boat.

Throw on some weight, maybe 10 lb and do the same 12x4.
Then 15lb
20 lb.... and so on

>you can only add weight until you can do 15 reps, none above or below, IT HAS TO BE 15 REPS OR BAD SHIT WILL HAPPEN TRUST ME!
God some people are so fucking stupid.

adding weight didn't work for me. I was stuck at 15-20 for weeks. Started doing those sets until I couldn't do a proper pull up anymore, then would use the assist when I was totally gassed and keep perfect form, adding as much weight as needed to assist. Got me over the hump and I maxed out at 29 a couple weeks ago

only the black guy is doing the pull ups with good form. those white folks are damaging their wrists.

get your shit together US army

try harder

No, I'm just a perfectionist with a compulsory disorder. Ordnung muss sein as they say in German

>you can only turn on the shower when there are 15 jews inside of it

Maybe it's because you're (talking like) niggers.