This is how I sit when I drive, am I doing something wrong? My back hurts after driving for a few minutes...

This is how I sit when I drive, am I doing something wrong? My back hurts after driving for a few minutes, lower back and if I drive for an hour or so my knees both start hurting. The patellar tendons I thinkm wtf is going on? I've tried using the lumbar support equipped with the seat too, do I want it sticking out into my back or no

Maybe lean the seat forward a little bit more, and drop the wheel lower, it's hard to tell but it seems to me that you have to reach a lot to get a good grip on the wheel

>here in this image we can see a victim of a workout program called starting strength or SS for short. unfortunately those who fall prey to this disease will be forever marred with big quads, no arms and no chest.

I sit with my shoulders touching the seat and my head on the headrest, and push myself forward until I can comfortably and easily reach the wheel from that position. It takes some getting used to if you were nervous when you learned to drive and developed a bad habit like leaning forward or slouching as a result of that nervousness, but it's worth making the change.

he doesnt even lift

Was thinking the same.

>mfw when SS for about 5 months now

Also thought i was on Veeky Forums.

Guess not.

Bump

My back hurts too. Lumbar angle makes everything

Move the seat closer you fucking manlet. You are too small to have it so far back.

>big quads
>op

wat
OP literally has twig legs

please start squatting

Drop the steering wheel down, and also hold the wheel at 9-3, holding at anything higher becomes a safety issue of the air bags go off you might knock yourself out. Pro tip look at driving positions for lemons racers.

Workout your muscles and you will not hurt no matter the posture you adopt

Close seat? Are you sure?

Try this.

I used to look more like OP and had back pain after sitting in the car. Started lifting about 5 months ago, seen some modest gains since. Went on a long road trip last week. No pain - like, not even a little.

A lot of back pain is caused by weak muscles in the back - you just get used to slouching in various ways because you can't sit upright for long, even in a chair. I have a desk job and that has gotten easier also.

squat + deadlift. your back will hate it at first but you'll adapt and be stronger and more comfortable

deload back to bikes and work your way back up

>new automatic Ford shitbox
Found the issue

in my corolla i get this problem, however in my lexus which has adjustable lumber support i don't get it, so maybe you should try a folded up sweater or tiny pillow

buy a cadillac eldorado and ride in comfort

>amerifat as fuck

No thanks bud. Still looks comfy as fuck tho tbcqhty

Your arms should be horizontal at 10/2 and your shoulders should be on the seat. Don't wrap your thumb in the wheel. Move the seat closer and up, recline it less, and bring the wheel down.

This is all part of owning your manlet status. If you cannot deal with that then just keep lying to yourself and hurting.

move your seat closer so your arms are more bent
your back and head should be against the headrest/backrest
if you need to tilt your seat forward so that happens, do it
and lower your steering wheel if you have an adjustable one

bump

What if you cant squat because of bad knees?