Alright boys, I decided to lose some fat by summer. The problem is I am such a poorfag I can't afford gym...

Alright boys, I decided to lose some fat by summer. The problem is I am such a poorfag I can't afford gym.. BUT i have two sets of adjustable dumbbells and stationary bike. I am going dumbbells, HIIT, dumbbells, HIIT, so i workout everyday. I am also eating about 1500 cals, usually a bit less. Will this do to lose fat? I am about fucking 30%. Been doing this for 2 weeks now, but I think I am only down by water. Also, my dumbbell training plan is 5—6 exercises, 3 sets 10 reps, which takes me about 20 minutes. Is this right?

Sounds like a good way to lose fat, keep at it.

What's your weight and height? 20 mins sounds very short for that amount of excersises and sets, so you're probably doing way too light weight.

> by summer

it almost is summer, losing weight takes time.

Make sure to eat enough protein from high-quality protein sources to avoid muscle-loss/encourage muscle-growth.

Make sure you are hydrated at all times.

Use a bodyfat caliper (cheap) or measure waist circumference (even cheaper) instead of/in addition to using a scale. Your weight means very little, bodyfat% and waist circumference are way better indicators of progress.

I am 173 75 kg manlet atm, my diet is mainly eggs and meat, but I also eat tons of vegies. 0 bread and sweets, 0 alcohol, drinking only water. I even stopped smoking.
Also, tried those online bf calculators, but results were always zero or -x%.

Forget about 'losing some fat by summer'.

Read the sticky.

Bravo for getting the motivation to get started, but don't expect miracles short term. Start doing more cardio, low intensity, HIIT is a nice addition but try to involve cardio as much as you can into your daily routine.

1500 calories also sounds a little low for that weight and might be very hard to get the energy to keep working out. Calculate your BMI and base your intake on that.

Wrote BMI but meant your maintenance calorie wise.

1500 is fine since that's how much an adult male needs to survive, ive been on 1500 for the past several months im 6'2" 71kg currently down from 104kg.

As for Op, dont expect results quickly because when results dont come you lose motivation. Work out and eat clean because it makes you feel good and makes you a good person. Drink 500ml of water before every meal to help with hunger and overeating. Gum and green tea are your best friends when cutting (you probably wont like green tea at first but keep drinking it and you will like it within 3 weeks) I aim for 5 cups a day. Make sure youre getting enough protein I eat quite a lot of bread so dont be scared of carbs as theyre an energy source and delicious. Idk good luck man

>decided to lose some fat
>I can't afford gym

>decided to wash my hair
>I can't afford bike

Diet is cals in cals out, you don't need a gym. You don't even need exercise if you can manage on low kcals and/or accept slower weight loss. You can't out-train a bad diet.

Fat loss is cals in cals out*

Cross Country

I'm semi close to your situation OP. I can't afford gym for another month or two so I've cleaned up my diet and started focusing on cardio first. I run for about 60-80 minutes everyday and eat around 1,200 kcals everyday.

I'm ~220 lbs so the calorie intake is low. To maintain and adjust I've also started an EC stack to suppress my appetite. The progress is good so far. 2 weeks in I've lost ~10 pounds. (Started around 230) My diet is super clean and I keep my carbs under 50 for now.

After another 10 pounds I'll start progressively upping my calorie intake by 100 - 200 per week as I'm eating at around a ~1000 calorie deficit atm, and don't want to fuck up my metabolism to bad.

Anyway tldr, diet and some cardio is the most important thing in shedding fat I've found. Once i hit ~190 i'll start hitting the gym hard.

Forgot to mention my diet is also very protein dense to help with the auspiciously low calorie intake my body weight. I consume at least 180-200 grams of protein daily to help with my appetite as well.

I'm in the same boat as you guys but starting at a bit higher weight. I started at about 265 two weeks ago. Not sure how much I've lost but I already feel better and my clothes are feeling looser.

What do you recommend for a protein source? My diet is mostly chicken breast, broccoli, peppers, fish, and rice or whole wheat bread. Sometimes fruit.

Should I just do a protein shake in the morning? Are there any that don't taste like pure garbage?

chicken and eggs are excellent protein sources, it doesn't really get any better. You can supplement extra BCAAs if you want, some protein-shakes come pre-loaded with BCAAs.

Just make sure you get enough protein, count all your macros for every day. Shoot for a high recommendation like 1g of protein per pound of body mass or somesuch.

There are protein shakes that taste absolutely godly, but if you can get your protein from other sources, there isn't a big need to spend money on them.

it may also be recommendable to consume your carbs earlier in the day and the more protein and fat-heavy stuff later in the day. It seems that eating carbs before longer periods of rest (e.g. sleeping) can lead to the body storing more of it as fat. I don't know if that's really good science tho.

Dude, PLEASE. Don't bother hitting the gym, you have no muscle mass worth saving. Make it easy on yourself and just eat 500 calories less than your maintenance rate for weeks on end until you're 10-12% bodyfat. After that, you will return to Veeky Forums to ask about things such as macros, bulking and a decent workout program. I guarantee you, nothing will work for you if you get stuck in this fucked, complicated mindset. Do yourself a favour and avoid the gym. If you have to exercise, just do some light cardio. Don't make it hard on yourself

Thanks for all the answers guys, my condition is fucked up, so i am tired really fast. I think I'll stay with the dumbbell training, it keeps my heart wortking nice, and I started to really like it. I used to drink a lot of green tea, I guess i need to buy some.

In my case I drink a protein shake for breakfest. Simply protein powder, oats, and milk blended together. I usually don't eat breakfest other than that. For lunch I usually eat and egg white omelet with vegetables ( spinach, avocado, tomatoes). I'll have some milk with protein powder as a snack before dinner. And dinner is usually my highest calorie meal, consisting of chicken breast usually, some kind of green vegetable and brown rice.

I couldn't handle this diet if it wasn't for protein powder desu, lol. Easy snack that keeps me full. Yea they taste bad but I just scarf them down in a full gulps.

I agree with the notion to prefer cardio, but I think not going to the gym at all is stupid. It's just necessary for health in general. I mostly went for swimming personally.

Also, at that bodyweight, OP will have a lot of natural muscle that's worth preserving. OTOH, it'll come back very quickly after he's done cutting anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it that much either way. But if he also lifts, he'll surely preserve/build even more muscle.

Indeed, it ultimately boils down to whether he is ready to follow a lifting schedule consistently with the little equipment that he possesses. Personally, I was 20% bodyfat and cut down to 10% without any exercising whatsoever. At that point, I could atleast start to gain weight again through bulking without looking like shit.

Do this, add two days of fasting/week, download some podcasts/music and go for a walk, get a pedometer app for your phone and track it if you find that fun.

Fasting is a bit uncomfortable if you're not used to it, but you get used to it quick and it's pretty much the easiest thing you can do for fat loss. Good luck, dude!

Hey OP, just to get this out of the way: you will not be ottermode with a 6pack by this summer at 30% BF.

That is all.

This is kind of a retarded tip as well in regards to walking, but if you find walking boring after a while there's a thing called Geocaching...

It's what the most boring people on this planet do for fun on it's own, but if you're going for a lot of walks it might be worth looking into.

At least I will look a bit better than the last year, year aftee that etc.
Also, is paleo a meme? I try to keep my diet at 1500 cal and I do eat only paleo stuff

all diets are memes
it all comes down to cals in/out

Figure out your TDEE and cut that by 500 calories. It doesn't matter what you eat if you follow that rule, it's just that some foods have a lot of calories and don't satiate your hunger as much as other food. Good luck man, and remember; the first two weeks are the hardest and if you need a gf, go to church

most diets actually work, but if you pick one thats too ambitious / expensive you might have a hard time following it, and so a lot of people fail their diets

don't take Veeky Forums's word for that though, google it or ask your doctor or knowledgeble friend