What would happen if i only did pull ups, dips, ohp, deadlifts and front squats?

what would happen if i only did pull ups, dips, ohp, deadlifts and front squats?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-shoulders-and-trap-exercises
youtube.com/watch?v=7L49GbXS8_k
youtube.com/watch?v=BJroOnp7-Rg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It would be extremely painful.

You'd be doing all the most important exercises, and saving yourself time getting and staying healthy.

I'm a big guy

UUUU

Are those triceps dips or chest dips? Cause I'm seeing no bench press

you'd be sort of unbalanced

Both variations work both the chest and the triceps. There is elbow extension (triceps) and shoulder flexion (pecs)
I bet you think low bar squats are "mostly hams and glutes" and high bar are "mostly quads"
You would get hyoog

Underrated.

If you'd do this longer than a year:

Your hamstrings would lag behind quads.
You'd probably develop shoulder issues due to weak rear delts compared to front delts.

You might get knee problems because of lagging hip abductors.
You might get forearm problems because of lagging extensors.

You'd get stronger at pull ups, dips, ohp, deadlifts and front squats.

You'd build a balanced physique and get very strong at those specific lifts.

Don't listen to memers like who don't know what they're talking about.

You would surely die

Don't listen to mentally ill DYEL like who actually don't have any idea what they're talking about.

you are retarded.
OHP and pullups both work on rear delts.fuck,even deadlifts works them.

You're fucking retarded. Pullups work rear delts very well, squatting no matter the variation works your hip abductors, as does deadlifting, which also develop your hamstrings very well, and his forearms would be fine too.

OHP nearly does nothing for rear delts.
Pull-ups work rear delts a bit, but not nearly as much as OHP works front delts.

Squatting and deadlifts do work the hip abductors, but they work the adductors way more.
So it's very possible to develop an imbalance.
Many people with knee problems have weak abductors.

Deadlifts work the hamstrings, but not as well as front squats work the quads.
SLDLs would be a better alternative in this case.

So in conclusion, no you're fucking retarded.

i only do pullups for my back and my rear delts are much bigger than my front delts.im pretty sure you're wrong.

'no'

Do you do a lot of OHP?

i dont do OHP at all.i do pushups,pullups and accessories.

This post is a clear example of why dyels should stop acting like they know shit and just stfu when called out.
This shit is too embarrassing.

then how is it surprising that your front delts are shit?

its kinda funny how all the replies seem to be 'no' instead of actually backing it up.

so you can fuck right off as well

>pushups

unless he's doing them weighted, pushups don't really mean much

You would get joocy

>handstand pushups are easy
said nobody ever

>said nobody ever
exactly, i didnt either

I don't understand how one man can be so retarded.

oh, ive actually tried lifting instead of just shitposting on Veeky Forums
and ive seen why people get injured, and its exactly because of stupid shit like "muh 3/4/whatever compound lifts are all i need"
why do you think people that are actually strong do all that prehab/rehab bullshit? for fun?

I had a big long reply typed out but I hit the wrong key and I lost it. I'm not going to bother retyping it, but just know you win this round. I hope you're happy, retard.

you fucked up your own reply and you're calling me a retard? kek

anyway, ive had real life experience with imbalances and injuries and so have others i know from my gym.
maybe it's because shitposters on Veeky Forums generally don't lift for longer than a year, they're not subject to these kinds of long-term imbalances.
but im done with replying seriously to posts on Veeky Forums anymore.
anybody who actually lifts has left, or just stays for the shitposting and laughs.

if you decide to stick with lifting for longer than a year, you'll realize that injuries fucking suck, and you're gonna do a whole lot of humble learning.

meanwhile, go fuck yourself

Been lifting two years mate. I understand a thing or two. He's not going to get terrible imbalances or injuries from lifts that work all of the muscles. You don't need to actually target a muscle to avoid injuries or imbalances.

im working out for 4 years and i dont have any serious injury on record.no known imbalances also.maybe you were just training like a retard and you're trying to justify yourself.

>Pull-ups work rear delts a bit, but not nearly as much as OHP works front delts.

>Deadlifts work the hamstrings, but not as well as front squats work the quads.

>So it's very possible to develop an imbalance.

Please shut the fuck up.

Like I said, if he only does those lifts for more than a complete year, he might get imbalances and injuries.

Cool anecdote bro.

Please shut the fuck up yourself.

> Bret Contreras
> EMG studies

nice joke

What if I did this workout:
A:
Front squat/Back squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Barbell row 3x5
(Maybe throw in a few sets of curls, hyper extensions and face pulls

B:
Bench Press 3x5
Weighted pull ups 3x10
Weighted dips 3x5
(Throw in some curls, hyper extensions, face pulls)

AxBxAxBxAx etc, taking multiple rest days as needed.

Do some deadlifts, either conventional or a variation on day B or else your posterior chain will be underdeveloped.

Not meming here.

Add some SLDLs or regular deadlifts and you're good to go.

>SLDLs
What's this?

Stiff-legged deadlift, which is a deadlift with the hips starting higher.
1:42 youtube.com/watch?v=7L49GbXS8_k

Thanks mate. I hurt myself a couple of years ago doing deadlifts (Not sure if it was because I did deadlifts or just to much load since my job was pretty physical, but thats when it happened). I've been kinda scared of them since.

I think I'll try some SLD on workout B?

youtube.com/watch?v=BJroOnp7-Rg

Thread theme